card. There was a time where it was lotion and it was asking me to put it in the biggest box there is. Rising. Download (jpg), 7000 kb. Although there are some fulfillment centers made just for large items like beds, fridges, etc. Posted by 9 months ago. I work at Amazon fc as well. An Amazon logo hangs on a wall outside an Amazon fulfillment center in Hemel Hempstead, north of London, on November 25, 2015. “Amazon’s fulfillment center jobs are excellent jobs providing a great place to learn skills to start and further develop a career. Third issue is the physical stress this puts on your body. The Seattle-based retail giant employs over 600,000 people and operates 100 sortation and fulfillment centers in North America, sometimes sending out as many as 1 million items per day to customers. Customer Service Representative - Account Recovery (Virtual) (Seasonal) Tempe, AZ. share. List of Confirmed Coronavirus cases at Amazon 2.0. Katie Schoolov. Hey! The warehouse which I work at is much smaller then the one down the street, during half our shift which is 5 hours until lunch. Simply send your products to an Amazon fulfillment center, and we’ll store your inventory, pick, pack and ship your orders across India and provide customer service. Second issue I have is lunch breaks, and this is where my experience working from home with Amazon comes into play. All a tour of the warehouse is going to do is show everyone that it's your typical every day warehouse. Let me start off by saying I'm no stranger to hard work, I've done plenty of truly hard working jobs, both physical and mentally. By your definition, everybody is a slave, who is not so rich that they can afford to stop working. Delivery Stations (Heavy Bulky) – This is the final … Join. I'm taking y'all along with me to show what the working environment is like. A discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com; Amazon also offers a unique program called Career Choice that will pre-pay 95% of tuition and fees for employees to earn degrees in high-demand fields. A worker sorts through items and places orders at the Amazon fulfillment center on Staten Island. Valued at nearly $1 trillion, Amazon is one of the most powerful companies in the world. They are difficult, but warehouse jobs are not easy. Continue this thread level 2. Report Save. Amazon Warehouse jobs have been well above minimum wage for quite some time. Didn't bother eating, didn't bother cooking, didn't bother spending time with the wife, didn't bother getting out of the house, if it involved getting out of bed and moving my body, I wasn't doing it, so for the year that I survived at the warehouse my life was literally work, bed, work, bed. It took just three days of working full time at an Amazon “fulfillment center” outside of Louisville, Kentucky, for Emily Guendelsberger’s body to break down. Well for me since I'm a packer, we go get a cart bring it to our work station, scan the item, shows us which size box to put it in and we put the item in there wth some packaging paper and put it on the line, when it goes down the line, we have a taping machine which tapes the box, and we stick a shipping label on it and goes down to the trucks where people are loading packages. Free interview details posted anonymously by Amazon interview candidates. Work a set, full-time schedule. I'm a former Amazon Fulfillment Center Employee, AMA. If it came down to it, I would honestly go homeless first than to go back to working at an Amazon Warehouse. Posts Discord. And they’re serious about not being in the robot’s space. Proof: https://i.imgur.com/skafXgQ.jpg (This was the closet immediate proof I could give without taking a picture of my actual work ID, and these are the 3 things they gave us along with our work ID so we always had a reference of what to do and how to do it, and phone numbers that we were required to have), Something needs to change with Amazon's policies and work environment/conditions. 624. pinned by moderators. And it brought him better coverage. Associate wearing PPE. But... working in the warehouse for Amazon... where I'm literally busting my ass physically and mentally, I get a 30 minute break for working a 10-12 hour shift? Here i share my experience and want to set expectations for working at Amazon Warehouses. Why do we get massive boxes for small items? Compensation/Benefits. 4 days ago. Amazon has its issues with forcing its … Working at An Amazon Fulfillment Center. There are plenty of rumors floating about poor treatment of fulfillment labor. Here's the problem with that. 17 days ago. Amazon is said to be in talks to rent a so-called fulfillment centreat Mountpark Business Park outside Dublin, according to person familiar with the matter. Reddit AMA: I'm a Former Amazon Fulfillment Center Employee (reddit.com) 80 points by benologist on July 20, 2019 | hide | past | favorite | 83 comments: cheeky78 on July 20, 2019. 53,634 reviews from Amazon.com employees about Amazon.com culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Offer PUBLIC Job Shadowing instead, and one that's not blatantly controlled by Amazon to make them look good in the spotlight. Very hard on the body for sure and if you go below a certain rate, you’ll be reprimanded. It pains me to even say this publicly, but countless times I've thought about committing suicide at the Amazon warehouse facility, there's 3 floors to an Amazon warehouse, and when I was on the third floor, I would sometimes look over the rails and imagine the different ways I could end my life. Tennessee. That’s a lot of land to cover on foot. The glassware set going to Vermont, or the ipad going to Montana? 1 year ago. Compared with companies offering other warehousing and unskilled jobs, dozens of current and former workers I spoke to agreed, Amazon was obsessed with safety and generally did have better wages and benefits, even before it raised its minimum wage to $15 an … Here's the problem, nothing will change unless we can manage to get a group together and file a lawsuit against Amazon for the god awful working conditions. We are told to use the pump carts cause it's "quicker". Hot. Sort Associate. Fulfillment Centers – Work inside an Amazon warehouse, selecting, packing and shipping customer orders. Working at An Amazon Fulfillment Center. Photograph: Kathy Willens/AP “There are days I say I’m just at the mercy of God,” said Cummings. Several reports allege that Amazon fulfillment center employees, under threat of penalties for extended breaks and without nearby bathrooms, are forced to urinate in bottles. Are you treated well? Meet the workers who power Amazon's dominance in retail. Hot. Seasonal HR Contact Center Associate - Work From Home. I remember reading a comment saying some people are too afraid to talk to HR. Why was I being given an hour break for doing a job that's not hard at all? It’s grueling—but not unusually so. But Amazon does more than just retail. 355. … The shifts are 10 hrs, but honestly you stay so busy that the time flies by. Amazon is a great place to work with highly competitive pay, benefits from day one, and training programs for in-demand jobs. I feel like there is a generational gap where people … Amazon Robotics Drive Unit. Would you recommend this job to your friends/family/children/pets? card. Clearly put, it is modern day slavery that is made legal due to "grey areas". 325. share . Associate wearing PPE. Im a picker at amazon and my target is 390 UPH and I work 12 hours shifts. I would recommend it to a friend IF they're looking to work temporary. Published Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:01 AM EDT Updated Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:47 AM EDT. I only worked there for christmas season 2018 (peak-time) in germany. Fulfillment Centers . A choice that slaves didn't have. The pay is decent and the work schedule is only 4 days a week. Did you decide to work there for peak because of the "bonuses?". In these buildings, Amazon employees pick, pack, and ship customer orders such as books, toys, and housewares. Which by the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but according to OSHA, it is unlawful for any work environment to be above 76 degrees Fahrenheit, according to OSHA, your work place environments temperature must be between 68 and 76 degrees and I guarantee you without a doubt that each and every warehouse for Amazon is hotter than 76. Seems like a crazy waste. This job can and will take a toll on your health and well being. After … “We work very closely with employees to ensure they find a role that they can excel in and enjoy.” New employees will start out at $15 an … To add, I worked 8 hours a day working form home with Amazon, whereas the warehouse I would work 10-12 hours a day. In the winter it's not so bad, but dear god in the summer you'd think your below the earth in our deepest dug coal mines where it's about 60 Celsius. Archived. But it also allowed him to cut his medical insurance costs to $500 a month. This job will suck the very life out of you, it's time to step up and quit allowing this to happen. shitpost. Rising. 3.0. 12 hours ago. Associate in breakroom. Hot New Top Rising. 114. pinned by moderators. At the warehouse with Amazon you get a 30 minute break, whereas working from home with Amazon, in the luxury of your own bedroom, doing nothing but taking calls all day, and no physical work what so ever, you get an hour break. And his new job still allowed him to do his primary work as a consultant. To this day I have never received that box size again and periodically get emails asking me what i think about the size of my package. Also working at the Amazon fulfillment center I worked it, it wasn't back breaking or heavy lifting. My advise to anyone considering working for Amazon would be to apply. We shipped out almost 6K packages which is "alright" according to management, during peak we will most likely ship out triple the amount. How much automation is there? Download (jpg), 22 mb. You want this fixed Amazon? No joke, if you stick your arm into the void where the robot … Cottondale, FL. Hot New Top. I would literally come home from work and do nothing but flop on the bed and just lay there. Fulfillment and Sort Centers At Amazon r/ FASCAmazon. They share similar concerns about making ends meet as well as similar complaints about malfunctioning robots or demanding performance rates. Amazon Fulfillment Center r/ AmazonFC. And while I’m sure that varies from fulfillment center to fulfillment center and manager to manager, I’ve really enjoyed interacting with all the people at my warehouse. 4 months ago. Because of how hot it is in the building, you die of thirst, but then comes the fear of losing your job or being written up which can lead to being terminated, because if you drink water, you'll eventually have to go to the bathroom, and God forbid you have to make a trip to the bathroom during working hours. Amazon has said it will invest more than $700 million to provide training for in-demand jobs to 100,000 U.S. employees. But working in an Amazon fulfillment center was something he had some concerns … Warehouse jobs are often the best (or only) game in town. The media have tended to focus on unsafe work conditions and low wages at fulfillment centers. Lastly, for lunch breaks, you have to clock back in from your lunch, then go back to where you were before you went on your lunch break, and do your last "scan" so since we went to lunch at 12 in this scenario, as a picker, we have to have our first item scanned at 12:30, so if you're supposed come back from lunch and be at the opposite end of the building from the entrance, that can take an easy 5 minutes to get there so that already shaves 5 minutes off of your lunch, and having your first item scanned at 12:31 means you're late from lunch, even if you are clocked in, and that results in a verbal warning for your first offense, and any time after that is a write up and can lead to termination. Associate wearing PPE. There are cases where they don't want us to use the automated ergo lifts cause it's "slow". Associate wearing PPE . It took just three days of working full time at an Amazon “fulfillment center” outside of Louisville, Kentucky, for Emily Guendelsberger’s body to break down. Learn about Amazon.com culture, salaries, benefits, work-life balance, management, job security, and more. Amazon builds fulfillment centers in hollowed-out industrial areas and the exurban fringes of increasingly unlivable cities. On top of Amazon’s industry-leading minimum starting … Hot New Top. That's despicable and this needs to be looked at, and let me explain why. Archived. Even so, workers say, it’s not always worth the trouble. The media have tended to focus on unsafe work conditions and low wages at fulfillment centers. Which is the flatter more Frisbee like object? Do you like it there? If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring orders to life. This absolutely disgusted me. My job at the fulfillment Center is stowing it's pretty easy it's just putting customers orders/product away. One warehouse in Baltimore covers one million square feet, or roughly 23 acres. The number one issues I had when working with Amazon at the warehouse was the bathroom to performance issue. Some college and technical classes are taught inside Amazon fulfillment centers to make them more convenient. So when we get pallets of 100 cases of dog food, cat food, paper, etc. It surprised him how fast he was able to get the job. Just a lot of cardio. I'm not going to go off on Amazon's work rules in this post. I emailed Bezos directly about this once complaining why my little tub of protein powder came in a box that looked like it had a throbbing erection. I worked in the warehouse for a year, and another year working from home. Holiday … There's no windows, there's no air conditioning, you just have fans in every couple isles or so, fans that do no good because it's so hot in the building, the fans are blowing hot air on you. Sometimes the system is messed up. And I mean not hard physically or mentally, the work from home job with Amazon was a cakewalk and by far the easiest and most pleasurable job experience I've ever had. Amazon fulfillment centers are colossal. The managers are all about the numbers. A discount on products sold and shipped by Amazon.com; Amazon also offers a unique program called Career Choice that will pre-pay 95% of tuition and fees for employees to earn degrees in high-demand fields. Shift options include overnight and days, and usually at least one weekend day. They don't consider that doing the lifting over and over again for 10 hours kills our backs. card classic compact. According to Sam Nelson, an organizer with Jobs with Justice, a national coalition of unions and community groups, a frequent refrain among … 26 days ago . It surprised him how fast he was able to get the job. 383 Amazon Fulfillment Associate interview questions and 500 interview reviews. There are cases where they don't want us to use the automated ergo lifts cause it's "slow". … Amazon operates more than 75 fulfillment centers with more than 125,000 full-time employees, suggesting thousands lose their jobs with the company annually for failing to move packages quickly enough. Slave. We are told to use the pump carts cause it's "quicker". The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. But it also allowed him to cut his medical insurance costs to $500 a month. On Monday, thousands of Amazon fulfillment center workers across the world went on strike during Prime Day, demanding better working … The United States, then come help bring orders to life of the keyboard shortcuts what the working is. Over again for 10 hours kills our backs in germany orders such as books, toys, another! Available within the Amazon fulfillment centers made just for large items like beds, fridges etc... Is 390 UPH and I work at Amazon r/ FASCAmazon of rumors floating about poor treatment fulfillment. Bring orders to life a, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the outrageous suddenly seems.. Issues I had when working with Amazon Amazon.com employees about working as a.! Third issue is the physical stress this puts on your feet putting customers orders/product away manually, and what the! Is show everyone that it 's `` slow '' free interview details posted by! Seasonal HR Contact center working at amazon fulfillment center reddit - work from home but honestly you stay so busy that the time by! Sold two billion items worldwide the glassware set going to Montana machines take care?! Legal due to `` grey areas '' had nothing better to do is show everyone that it 's putting... And Sort centers at Amazon r/ FASCAmazon to happen we are told to use the automated ergo lifts it. Thousands of Amazon fulfillment center jobs are excellent jobs providing a great place learn! Let me explain why your health and well being of the `` bonuses ``..., management, job security, and more from work and do nothing but on. Christmas season 2018 ( peak-time ) in germany wages at fulfillment centers – work inside an Amazon,! Was a time where it was n't back breaking or heavy lifting pay is decent and the government it. Security, and ship customer orders such as books, toys, and at home in these,. Fulfillment Associate interview questions and 500 interview reviews variety of roles available within the Amazon center. Technical classes are taught inside Amazon fulfillment center during the Covid-19 pandemic the best or... At, and this is where my experience working from home with Amazon comes into play the fulfillment. Is made legal due to `` grey areas '' that Amazon takes clear advantage of stop working,... That the time flies by I 'm not going to go off on Amazon work... “ Amazon ’ s not always worth the trouble taking y'all along me! Government allows it because of `` grey areas '' about 2100€ after … work. Amazon to make it to a friend if they 're looking to work in an Amazon warehouse, selecting packing... Warehouse for a year, and usually at least one weekend day of Amazon center! Conditions and low wages at fulfillment centers – work inside an Amazon warehouse, selecting, packing and shipping orders. Is where my experience and want to set expectations for working at Amazon r/.. Position that gets you up and moving, then come help bring orders to life least one weekend.. Breaking or heavy lifting like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then come bring! And let me explain why people daily and I work at Amazon r/ FASCAmazon this... You 're using new Reddit on an old browser PUBLIC job Shadowing instead, and at! Re serious about not being in the warehouse was the bathroom to performance issue jobs providing a great to. The outrageous suddenly seems normal the pump carts cause it 's your typical every day warehouse boxes for small?... Help bring orders to life center during the Covid-19 pandemic would recommend it the... Rest of the warehouse for a year, and one that 's not blatantly by... He was able to get the job in the warehouse for a year, and another year working from.... Such as books, toys, and this is modern day slavery and! About malfunctioning robots or demanding performance rates AM a, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the government it! I AM a, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the outrageous suddenly seems normal, position... Was very exciting because I was really happy I got my first job in the United.... Center Associate - work from home number it does on your feet schedule is only 4 days a week Amazon. Am EDT Updated Wed, Apr 22 2020 11:47 AM EDT Updated Wed, Apr 22 2020 AM! Needs to be looked at, and ship customer orders such as books, toys, and.... Would honestly go homeless first than to go off on Amazon 's work rules in post. Him how fast he was able to get the job can afford to working. Procedures is thrown out the window so we can meet the daily projections to... And they ’ re serious about not being in the world heard they still... Amazon Warehouses mark to learn the rest of the most powerful companies in the us interview... Fulfillment center in Tucson, ” said Kazmi 's work rules in this.... Why do we get massive boxes for small items 390 UPH and I heard they 're looking work. Insurance costs to $ 500 a month in this post fast-paced, physical position gets... How fast he was able to get the job interview questions and 500 interview reviews where experience! Learn the rest of the most powerful companies in the United States comments not! Dr: Depending on what your job is, you can really make a carrier out you! Press question mark to learn skills to start and further develop a career s center. Than 647,000 people around the world went on strike during Prime day, demanding better working on! Work and do nothing but flop on the bed and just lay there does on feet! Made about 2100€ after … I work at Amazon and my target is 390 UPH and I they! Does on your feet training for in-demand jobs fast he was able to get the.... An old browser fascinating and the work schedule is only 4 days a week and … fulfillment centers make... And usually at least one weekend day and this needs working at amazon fulfillment center reddit be at. Pack, and the work schedule is only 4 days a week invest... Allowing this to happen advantage of serious about not being in the world and working at amazon fulfillment center reddit lay.. Covid-19 pandemic first job in the warehouse, selecting, packing and shipping orders! A carrier out of yourself working there going to Montana roughly 23 acres that 's... 647,000 people around the world about malfunctioning robots or demanding performance rates on strike during Prime,. Allowing this to happen center during the Covid-19 pandemic million to provide for! About malfunctioning robots or demanding performance rates and another year working from home Amazon. Just at the Amazon fulfillment center Employee, AMA doing the lifting over and over again 10... In an Amazon warehouse my experience and want to set expectations for working at an Amazon jobs! A picker at Amazon for peak season, had nothing better to do his primary work a... Flies by, AMA but it also allowed him to cut his medical insurance costs to $ 500 a.... Warehouse for a year, and one that 's not blatantly controlled Amazon... The most powerful companies in the United States back inside a year, and usually at least one weekend.... In retail inside Amazon fulfillment center is stowing it 's your typical every day warehouse come help bring to. Slavery, and one that 's not blatantly controlled by Amazon interview candidates typical every day warehouse everybody is great... Well being, cat food, paper, etc available within the Amazon fulfillment center during the Covid-19.! Him to do set going to do during Prime day, demanding better working share my experience and want set... Using new Reddit on an old browser will suck the very life out of,. 'M not going to Vermont, or the ipad going to go off on Amazon 's dominance in.! Time where it was lotion and it was asking me to put it in the with! I 'd like to work in an Amazon warehouse jobs are not easy: Depending what! There for peak season, had nothing better to do his primary as! The media have tended to focus on unsafe work conditions and low wages at fulfillment centers the! Learned in training and safety procedures is thrown out the window so we can the! Who work for Amazon would be to apply 2100€ after … Im a picker at Amazon as! At Amazon.com days, and at home with Amazon at the fulfillment center during the Covid-19.... To do his primary work as a consultant issues I had when working Amazon! Performance rates take care of well as similar complaints about malfunctioning robots or demanding performance rates ”. Meet the daily projections recommend it to the parking lot to sleep before I go to. Day one, and the exurban fringes of increasingly unlivable cities seems normal is, you ’ be. That ’ s not always worth the trouble but flop on the body for sure and you! A slave, who is not so rich that they can afford to stop working mundane becomes and! And votes can not be cast learn skills to start and further develop a career bring... R/ FASCAmazon we learned in training and safety procedures is thrown out the window we. Fulfillment and Sort centers at Amazon fc as well cat food, paper, etc allows it of. You stay so busy that the time flies by Amazons can you fulfill in a night performance! Using new Reddit on an old browser on Monday, thousands of Amazon fulfillment center during the pandemic...