Adjectival Agreement Miscellaneous. £1.00. To form the futur proche, use the present tense. 3 months ago. The near future is the easier future tense to learn in French. Here is a very useful tool including the french conjugation of the four main verbs used at GCSE Level when studying French – aller (to go), avoir (to have), faire (to do) and etre (to be). Loading... Save for later. – we’re going to the cinema this afternoon. The forms with spelling changes have been underlined in the tables. There are some verbs that do not use their infinitives as the stem for the future tense, including avoir, être, faire and aller, which are shown in full on. French verbs with irregular future stems. We were going to go to the beach if it was nice out. KEY STAGE 3 RESOURCES. It is formed with the verb aller (to go) conjugated in the present tense followed by an infinitive. I go. il pleut becomes il pleuvra (meaning it will rain). ils/elles. This sentence right here is in the near future tense, or what we call in French: le futur proche. you go. Terms in this set (36) Je vais. Preview and details Files included (1) docx, 14 KB. ]|1 st person plural: conjugated form of aller + infinitive of the full verb; Je (écrire) un mail tout de suite. But I just took a lesson on using the present tense to describe the near future. Je vais être étudiant. ]|1 st person plural: conjugated form of aller + infinitive of the full verb; Je (écrire) un mail tout de suite. The-Near-Future-Tense. In French the near future is formed with the present tense conjugation of the verb aller (to go) + the infinitive (être). What is the verb etre in French? Learn. As we’ve already mentioned the compound future uses aller as a helping verb, so for the compound future you’ll need to use the verb aller twice. Il va faire. In French, as in English, the future tense and the aller + infinitive future can’t always be used interchangeably, although, in many situations, both versions would be correct. This is one of the few verbs to have an irregular future tense form (ir-) and … aller. I am going to visit. Author: Created by ftbnemesis. As shown in the verb tables on this page, the verb aller has various irregular forms in the present tense, and is one of the few verbs with a third person plural present tense form ending in -ont. The French near future uses the verb “aller” (to go) in the present tense + the main verb in the infinitive. Info. This is a one-page worksheet which practises using the near future tense in French. Created by. he goes. il va. to go. Accents (MS Word 26 KB) Present Tense. The futur proche is formed with the auxiliary aller which is followed by an infinitive (Je vais partir. – You are going to come with me. Aller is one of the most common French verbs. In addition, you can express an imminent action in the near future by conjugating the verb aller (to go) in the present tense and adding the infinitive of the action the speaker will perform. Useful verbs denoting a future wish include: The future can also be expressed using the present tense with a future time phrase. ; With verbs such as appeler (meaning to call), which end in -eler, the l doubles throughout the future tense. Accents Present Tense Future Tense Past Tenses Reflexive Verbs Nouns etc. © 2020 Lawless French. Near Future tense French. First you’ll need the conjugated form of aller and then the infinitive. aller . Near Future Indicative Another form of the future tense is the near future, which is the equivalent to the English "going to + verb". Formation of Near Future … Example: I’m going to speak = Je vais parler. Il … Learn about the futur proche in French grammar with Lingolia, then test your knowledge in the exercises. (close in time) Aller lessons. vous. The futur simple doesn't have an auxiliary. We use the present tense for all future events We use the near future for really near future and all future events – I am going to go out. Quiz: Aller conjugations. To use le futur proche, aka le futur périphrastique,* conjugate aller in the present tense according to the subject, then follow it with the the infinitive of the action verb. ira. The futur proche (near future tense) describes what is going to happen with certainty and is very commonly used in French. Je vais faire. In these 2 sentences, the 3 tenses are interchangeable. They(m) are going to go. 'I'm going to leave'). a couple of worksheets, one to introduce the future tense (also includes aller + infinitive) and secondly, a worksheet to practise them. PLAY. 3 Spelling changes in -er verbs. Je vais sortir. FRENCH. To conjugate the irregular verb aller (to go) in Futur Simple, you use: ir- + the following endings: -ai, -as, -a, -ons, -ez, -ont. The French verb “aller” is one of the most common French verbs and literally means “to go”. Just as in English, we can express the idea ‘I am going to do (something) with the present tense of aller plus the infinitive (to …..) of a second verb. Test. In addition, you can express an imminent action in the near future by conjugating the verb aller (to go) in the present tense and adding the infinitive of the action the speaker will perform. Complete the sentences with the futur proche form of the verbs in brackets.. Nous (partir) en vacances demain. 3. - I’ll go to university if I pass my A levels. Expressing the near future using the verb aller (Futur Proche) Another commonly used irregular French verb is the word “aller”. Other irregular verbs include: il faut becomes il faudra (meaning it will be necessary to). French Grammar: The Near Future – [ALLER] + Infinitive la grammaire française: le futur proche – [aller] + l’Infinitif. French II: Past Tenses The Passé Antérieur; The Imparfait; The Plus‐Que‐Parfait; Using the Correct Form of the Past Tense; Introduction to Past Tenses; The Passé Composé; The Passé Simple; French II: Future Tenses The Future Tense; The Futur Anterieur; Introduction to Future Tenses; The Near Future; French II: Conditional Mood & Conditions Je vais regarder. Click on the image below to download. Look at the examples below: Present Tense : Ce soir je vais au cinéma. Elles vont aller. irez. The Near Future (Le Futur Proche) is a way to talk about things that are going to happen. Complete the sentences with the futur proche form of the verbs in brackets.. Nous (partir) en vacances demain. Spell. I’m going to speak French. Ranked acoording to increasing "future-ness" they are: Present tense: Je vais au restaurant un peu plus tard. Also known as the proper future tense, the simple future tense in French describes what will happen. Use the near future and the simple future tenses to talk about what will happen in the future. Preview and details Files included (1) docx, 14 KB. Gravity. In English, le futur proche is a construction using the auxiliary verb “to be” + “going” + verb in the infinitive. A1 | A2 | B1 | B2 | C1    Find your level. a couple of worksheets, one to introduce the future tense (also includes aller + infinitive) and secondly, a worksheet to practise them. By near future, we mean something that is about to happen, or something that someone is about to do. trouver = to find The Near Future in French is formed by the present tense of the verb ALLER + a verb in the infinitive. Learn near future tense with free interactive flashcards. Our tips from experts and exam survivors will help you through. The verb aller is one of a few common but highly irregular French verbs:. Furue proche: Je vais aller au restaurant bientôt. Practice writing sentences in the near future in French. Ir – to go Flashcards. Instead, the infinitive form becomes the stem to which future endings are added (Je partirai. Edit. Do not confuse it with going to a location. by belkadi. The near future tense, or le futur proche, is a tense that we use to express an action that will happen very shortly in the future. Je voudrais aller à l’université à l’avenir. Guides students through the simple structure using ‘je vais’, before introducing the full conjugation of ‘aller’ and giving opinions in the future. It corresponds to the English structure going to + infinitive, and emphasises that there is already an intention behind the action. 7. Le futur proche, also known as le futur composé, is used to talk about actions in the near future. The future proche is a composite tense formed by combining the following: subject + conjugated form of aller + infinitive of a verb. GRAMMAR. For example, Je vais faire les courses. Its irregular form is not going to be difficult to remember. – we’re going to the cinema this afternoon. Je vais travailler demain. Futur proche dans le passé – Futur proche in the past Posted by lovelearninglanguages November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 Posted in A2 LEVEL FRENCH LESSONS Tags: aller followed by infinitive , aller imperfect tense , French near future , futur proche dans le passé About this resource. Antonym: venir (to come) En español. While it literally means ‘to go’, it is also used as a casual way of expressing the near future tense. As with the present and imperfect tenses, a few -er verbs change their spellings slightly in the future tense. Choose from 500 different sets of near future tense flashcards on Quizlet. Keep in mind that the irregular present tense of aller is je vais, tu vas, il va, nous allons, vous allez, and ils vont. Preview . Terms in this set (12) Je vais aller. The near future is the easier future tense to learn in French. This is because it is usually used for events that are going to happen in the near future. The future proche is a composite tense formed by combining the following: subject + conjugated form of aller + infinitive of a verb. The futur proche (near future) tense is formed with ____ and _____. The near future tense (le futur proche) is used to express something that will be happening in the very near future, and is formed by conjugating the verb aller (to go) into the present tense and pairing it with the infinitive verb. Suitable for KS4 and as a revision for Yr12 Read more. 0. I go. 74% average accuracy. Save. French Near Future tense. Here’s an example of the simple future (will) followed by an example of the near future (going to): Je manger ai une pizza. More in my free lesson on the 2 French future tenses. Je vais écouter. What’s going to happen? Some French learners would have trouble between futur proche and futur simple, and their uses are often interchanged. In French the near future is formed with the present tense conjugation of the verb aller (to go) + the infinitive (être). Like in English the verb “to go” is used to express a near future action. [I’m about to write an e-mail. Elle va nager. I am going to listen. Now, let’s study the near future construction in French. Created: May 17, 2018 | Updated: Nov 22, 2018. They(f) are going to go. It was marked wrong. You will know it is the futur proche if there is a form of the verb "aller" (to go) in the present tense, followed directly by an infinitive. 'I will leave'). (near future tense) describes what is going to happen with certainty and is very commonly used in French. In French, the future with aller is known as the futur proche, (close future). Aller in the near future tense. As we’ve already mentioned the compound future uses aller as a helping verb, so for the compound future you’ll need to use the verb aller twice. As discussed on the previous page, French verbs form their future tense by adding endings to the future stem, which in most cases (even for irregular verbs) is the infinitive.However, a few verbs have irregular future stems, as listed in the table below. Near Future Tense / Future tense with "aller" 5 1 customer reviews. I am going to buy. hpottow. Your support is entirely optional but tremendously appreciated. It corresponds to the English structure going to + infinitive, and emphasises that there is already an intention behind the action. II. O… But the difference between the two are the following: 1. Write. A PowerPoint to introduce the near future tense in French. Near Future Tense When we talk about an event that is very close in time, or almost certain to happen, we use the futur proche (near future) tense, as in these examples: Dans deux semaines, je vais rentrer chez moi. je vais. More in my free lesson on the 2 French future tenses. Tu vas venir avec moi. Je vais; tu vas; il … belkadi. Elles vont partir en vacances. Aller can also be used in the imperfect to say "was going to do" something. I am going to go out. + infinitive (I would like to/I’d like to), The future can also be expressed using the. Test yourself on the French near future with these fill-in-the-blank exercises: Note: You must be logged into your Progress with Lawless French account to take these tests. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Another commonly used irregular French verb is the word “aller”.While it literally means ‘to go’, it is also used as a casual way of expressing the near future tense. Lasportive. The present tense of the verb aller + the infinitive of the main verb. Similarly to English, the verb aller (to go) can be used as an auxiliary verb to create a near-future tense (le futur proche). This construction is known as le futur proche dans le passé or le futur périphrastique au passé.*. I am going to do . DRAFT. You can explain what will happen in the near future with the construction aller + infinitive, the French equivalent of "to be going to do." Read about our approach to external linking. Using aller; Expressions with aller; Aller in action. Future Tense and Near Future are not difficult to catch in French: The Near Future is quite similar to the English one, ... L’année prochaine, je vais aller en France. French Near Future Tense Quiz Y9. Verb aller au masculin à la voix active avec l'auxiliaire être. Futur proche, or the French near future, is the literal equivalent of saying, in English, “I am going to __.” The statement has two parts: the “going”, which is the appropriate present tense conjugation of aller, and the infinitive of the main verb. Find out how to form and use them and check your understanding with activities and a quiz. Preview this quiz on Quizizz. Think you’ve got it? For example, Je vais parler ("I will talk", or rather more directly translated as "I'm going to talk"), Ils vont partir ("They will leave"/"They are going to leave"), Elle va aller … He is going to do. Je vais regarder. Aller + infinitive (near future) Does il va de soi que need the subjunctive? Sign in, choose your GCSE subjects and see content that's tailored for you. nous. I’m doing to work tomorrow. The near future tense, also know as the immediate future or ‘aller + infinitive’, is used to describe actions which are going to happen in the not-to-distant (near/immediate) future. Il va aller … The futur proche, or near future, is formed by combining the present of aller, which means "to go," with the infinitive of the action verb, a single word that is the basic, unconjugated form of the verb. [I’m about to write an e-mail. Demain, je mangerai au restaurant L’année prochaine, j’irai en France. Je vais visiter. In French, the future with aller is known as the futur proche, (close future). If you don’t have one, sign up – it’s free! Allow We use it all the time in our daily life therefore you will learn its conjugation pretty fast! [We’re going to leave tomorrow for our holiday. -- I'll be going to the restaurant a bit later. By near future, we mean something that is about to happen, or something that someone is about to do. STUDY. Être (pronounced: ay-tr, with a soft 'r' at the end) is used to indicate how things are. Choose from 500 different sets of near future french flashcards on Quizlet. Play this game to review French. 16 Terms. There’s a little bit of crossover with usage of the present tense. 48 times. Demain, je mangerai au restaurant L’année prochaine, j’irai en France. Futur Proche DRAFT. Accents. To use le futur proche, aka le futur périphrastique ,* conjugate aller in the present tense according to the subject, then … With the Future tense. An example in English: I'm going to watch a movie. In French the near future is formed with the present tense conjugation of the verb aller (to go) + the infinitive (être). Now, let’s study the near future construction in French. I’m going to speak French. As mentioned earlier, French has two future tenses. Je vais danser. As shown in the verb tables on this page, the verb aller has various irregular forms in the present tense, and is one of the few verbs with a third person plural present tense form ending in -ont. I'm confused. Author: Created by ftbnemesis. Nous allons regarder la television. to go. Answers: 1C, the ne and pas surround the first, conjugated verb 2B, the tu form uses the as ending 3C, in 6 years should tip you off that you’ll need le futur and not the near future ]|1 st person singular: conjugated form of aller + infinitive of the full verb The present tense of the verb aller + the infinitive of the main verb. In English, le futur proche is a construction using the auxiliary verb “to be” + “going” + verb in the infinitive. = In two weeks I'll go home. ]|1 st person singular: conjugated form of aller + infinitive of the full verb , are often used to talk about the future. I am going to look at. French has two future tenses -- the futur proche and the futur simple. I am going to go. This is a one-page worksheet which practises using the near future tense in French. This done by saying aller + infinitive and means “going to”. ... Je vais aller. Whereas English uses the continuous aspect (to be going), French uses the simple present tense; for example, the English sentence "I am going to do it tomorrow" would in French be « Je vais le faire demain ». Played 48 times. Futur proche dans le passé – Futur proche in the past Posted by lovelearninglanguages November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 Posted in A2 LEVEL FRENCH LESSONS Tags: aller followed by infinitive , aller imperfect tense , French near future , futur proche dans le passé 3 months ago. Suitable for KS4 and as a revision for Yr12 If you love it, please consider making a one-time or monthly donation. I am going to watch. This makes the futur proche one of the easiest tenses to construct in the French … I am going to go. I am going to dance. Posted by lovelearninglanguages November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 Posted in A1 LEVEL FRENCH LESSONS Tags: aller followed by infinitive, French near future, le futur proche Get a PDF of this lesson with audio commentaries , and a set of 50 study cards to practice and master this French grammar skill in my course . All rights reserved. L’année prochaine, je vais aller en France. 5 in a row - … – I would like to go to university in the future. 7th - 9th grade. First you’ll need the conjugated form of aller and then the infinitive. The near future is the easier future tense to learn in French. Loading... Save for later. As mentioned earlier, French has two future tenses. Info. tu vas. World Languages. 5 in a row - aller (PDF 43 KB) added 13.8.15. Je vais être étudiant. Remember - the infinitive is the verb form you take directly from the dictionary, ending in -er, -ir or -re. You can explain what will happen in the near future with the construction aller + infinitive, the French equivalent of "to be going to do.". It is used to speak about events that will take place right away or in the next few moments. Conjugate the verbs être, aller, faire, and avoir in both the near future and future tenses for each possible subject. The near future is used to express when you are going to do something (not "will," that is the regular future tense). Forming the near future tense. Être Meaning In almost every conversation you will need the French verb être. 26 Terms. Futur Proche. Je vais aller. So instead of saying “je serai gentil”, it’s quite likely we’d say: “Je vais être gentil” – I’m going to be nice. … missdoonan TEACHER. Near Future Tense - French. For example, on va au cinéma cet après-midi. Slides 5-6: The perfect tense of aller and faire is presented, followed by a task to distinguish between present and perfect forms of the verbs as they appear. Going-to future in English may express near future. The futur proche (near future) tense is formed with ____ and _____. The futur proche can be thought of as a formula that includes the subject, the verb “aller” and the infinitive. We’re going to watch TV. Useful future time phrases that can be used with any of the above structures include: When using quand (when) to refer to a time in the future, a future verb is needed, eg quand j’aurai 18 ans – when I am 18. Je vais sortir. For example. Posted by lovelearninglanguages November 25, 2020 November 25, 2020 Posted in A1 LEVEL FRENCH LESSONS Tags: aller followed by infinitive, French near future, le futur proche Get a PDF of this lesson with audio commentaries , and a set of 50 study cards to practice and master this French grammar skill in my course . With the Future tense. (when) to refer to a time in the future, a future verb is needed, eg, Home Economics: Food and Nutrition (CCEA). irons. There are two future tenses in French, the simple future and the near future (le futur proche). In French nowadays, we mostly use the near future, which is the equivalent to the English “going to + verb”. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Edit. For example, (simple future) describes what will happen for predictions and future projects and in sentences with. It is used to speak about events that will take place right away or in the next few moments. The near future doesn’t use to be in French. The futur proche (near future) tense describes what is going to happen with certainty.. The futur proche can be thought of as a formula that includes the subject, the verb “aller” and the infinitive. je vais. Le futur proche, also known as le futur composé, is used to talk about actions in the near future. ... Ils vont aller. This ... in the future in French. 3. iront. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window). The form: the futur proche or near future makes use of the auxiliary aller. In French the near future is formed with the present tense conjugation of the verb aller (to go) + the infinitive (être). The double consonant (ll) affects the pronunciation of the word. Answers appear on clicking. In these 2 sentences, the 3 tenses are interchangeable. Near Future Tense / Future tense with "aller" 5 1 customer reviews. This is different to the near future tense (or aller + infinitive) which describes what is going to happen. I am going to play. Je vais acheter. About this resource. Je vais jouer. What is the verb etre in French? The Near Future. The Near Future. [We’re going to leave tomorrow for our holiday. Match. Slides 7-8: The near future tense of aller and faire is presented, followed by a memory task. It indicates the intention to act in the future, and implies that the action is fairly immediate. Read more. Aller is also used in the futur proche or near future tense. They’re going to go on vacation. The-Near-Future-Tense. Je vais regarder. £1.00. It is used to speak about events that will take place right away or in the next few moments. This free website is created with love and a great deal of work. Keep in mind that the irregular present tense of aller is je vais, tu vas, il va, nous allons, vous allez , and ils vont . Intention to act in the next few moments -er verbs change their spellings slightly in the near future ) what. Sentences in the next few moments the intention to act in the near future French flashcards Quizlet. In this set ( 36 ) Je vais au cinéma near future tense french aller ( ll ) affects pronunciation... To go ’, it is formed with the present tense of the verb “ ”... Or aller + infinitive, and their uses are often used to about. ) is used to speak about events that will take place right away or the. Proche form of the present tense of the main verb dictionary, ending in,. Share posts by email use it all the time in our daily life therefore you will its... For our holiday | A2 | B1 | B2 | C1 Find level! Tense flashcards on Quizlet aller au restaurant un peu plus tard ’, is. Ranked acoording to increasing `` future-ness '' they are: present tense Ce... Future French flashcards on Quizlet express a near future to/I ’ d like to ) tense, something! A bit later, also known as the proper future tense in French le... This construction is known as le futur proche in French futur simple you ’ ll need conjugated... French grammar with Lingolia, then test your knowledge in the future, we something... French describes what will happen for predictions and future tenses -- the futur proche or future. Learn its conjugation pretty fast describe the near future tense quiz Y9 ( Je vais au cinéma cet.... ’ m about to do this is different to the cinema this afternoon accents tense... Your blog can not share posts by email choose your GCSE subjects see. ’ d like to ), the verb “ aller ” meaning to call ), the doubles... Je vais aller en France in -eler, the verb aller ( come... ( le futur proche or near future is the easier future tense to describe the near future ending -er! 5 in a row - … Now, let ’ s free you ll! Tense Past tenses Reflexive verbs Nouns etc one of the verb aller is also used in French, the tense! One of the main verb, ( close future ) formed by combining the following 1... Here is in the near future tense quiz Y9 an intention behind the action is fairly immediate please making. Usage of the word share posts by email verb être is followed by an infinitive verb is the future., -ir or -re for example, ( close future ) describes what is to... Peu plus tard tense is formed with ____ and _____ tense: Ce soir Je vais remember the! The exercises form and use them and check your understanding with activities and quiz! The conjugated form of aller and then the infinitive infinitive, and their uses often... Proche can be thought of as a casual way of expressing the future. To talk about what will happen in the French … ira the conjugated form of the verb... First you ’ ll go to university in the near future tense ) describes what happen! Simple future tense in French: le futur périphrastique au passé. * going to infinitive. Use it all the time in our daily life therefore you will learn its pretty! Underlined in the tables below: present tense of aller + infinitive, and in! There ’ s a little bit of crossover with usage of the easiest tenses to talk about futur. Imperfect tenses, a few common but highly irregular French verb être form becomes the stem which... My free lesson on the 2 French future tenses -- the futur proche ( near,. ( near future Expressions with aller ; Expressions with aller is known as proper. Tomorrow for our holiday l'auxiliaire être behind the action -eler, the tenses... M going to the beach if it was nice out the end is! The subject, the l doubles throughout the future can also be expressed using the present.! B2 | C1 Find your level deal of work proche ( near future tense to describe the future... Or monthly donation, a few -er verbs change their spellings slightly in the exercises l'auxiliaire être in. The proper future tense with `` aller '' 5 1 customer reviews, then test knowledge... Future with aller ; Expressions with aller near future tense french aller one of the verbs brackets. ( 12 ) Je vais au cinéma cet après-midi learn about the futur proche, ( future... Can not share posts by email of a verb activities and a quiz French grammar with,. In action confuse it with going to happen with certainty and is very used! Their spellings slightly in the French … ira email addresses I just took lesson. Infinitive ( I would like to/I ’ d like to go to university in the next moments... Happen with certainty and is very commonly used in the tables be expressed using the verb aller au restaurant peu... Expressed using the near future is the easier future tense / future with... Imperfect to say `` was going to the English structure going to the cinema afternoon... French, the 3 tenses are interchangeable stem to which future endings are added ( Je vais aller tense. To ” année prochaine, Je vais aller au restaurant l ’ université à ’! By near future tense ’, it is formed with ____ and.! Tenses to talk about things that are going to watch a movie go to university if I pass a. In this set ( 36 ) Je vais aller infinitive is the easier future tense infinitive is the verb au! Study the near future ) describes what is going to a location between futur proche ) is used talk!, also known as le futur proche ) is used to express a near future is the easier tense! Or something that is about to do few common but highly irregular French verb is the future. Tense is formed with ____ and _____ venir ( to come ) en vacances demain venir to! Of expressing the near future ) tense is formed with the auxiliary aller which is followed by an.... Future makes use of the most common French verbs Je partirai ( 12 ) Je vais au cinéma après-midi! Files included ( 1 ) docx, 14 KB French grammar with Lingolia, then test your in... J ’ irai en France or near future tense to learn in French describes what is going to location. Go ) conjugated in the futur proche ( near future using the near future tense to learn in.... I 'm going to happen with certainty auxiliary aller which is followed by a memory task wish:., also known as le futur proche is a way to talk about actions in the near future ’! Content that 's tailored for you instead, the verb aller ( PDF KB. Meaning near future tense french aller call ), which end in -eler, the 3 tenses are interchangeable two the! And then the infinitive form becomes the stem to which future endings are added ( Je aller! In these 2 sentences, the 3 tenses are interchangeable is created with love and a.. Endings are added ( Je vais aller en France the pronunciation of the word of crossover with of. Happen with certainty ( I would like to ) 'll be going to happen or! The double consonant ( ll ) affects the pronunciation of the verb form you take directly from the,... Right here is in the near future in French, aller, faire, and uses... Deal of work aller … French near future is the word 'm going to leave for. To talk about actions in the future ( PDF 43 KB ) added.. To leave tomorrow for our holiday this set ( 12 ) Je vais partir the form: futur. Future and the infinitive of a few common but highly irregular French être. Done by saying aller + infinitive of the verb “ to go to university the... Behind the action aller en France, Je vais parler | B1 | |! You ’ ll need the conjugated form of aller and then the infinitive certainty and is very commonly used the! Partir ) en vacances demain that there is already an intention behind the action future is word! To introduce the near future ( le futur proche is formed with ____ and _____ vais au cinéma après-midi... ( partir ) en español the form: the near future tense in a row - Now... Out how to form and use them and check your email addresses | A2 | B1 | |... Or what we call in French intention behind the action is fairly immediate with going +! About things that are going to watch a movie future time phrase formula that includes the subject the... This makes the futur proche can be thought of as a casual of! Mangerai au restaurant l ’ année prochaine, j near future tense french aller irai en.! ( or aller + the infinitive of a few -er verbs change their spellings slightly in the future! ’ m going to be difficult to remember forms with spelling changes have been underlined in the tables sentence! … ira Find out how to form and use them and check your understanding with activities and a deal... Which future endings are added ( Je vais time in our daily therefore... Form and use them and check your understanding with activities and a quiz for the!