8:48. Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. These suggestions sound like game playing to me. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. I glared at the cat and thought mean thoughts. Sun Glaring through Hands of Silhouetted Man. Dear Reader, thank you for stopping by to visit my blog. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content. Synonym Discussion of glaring. Glaring At More People In De Pride Isle Sanatorium - Duration: 11:31. Glaring definition, shining with or reflecting a harshly bright or brilliant light. the standards of behavior that are established and maintained by a society. glare: [verb] to shine with a harsh uncomfortably brilliant light. See Synonyms at gaze. If people did this to me I would assume that they didn't like me. Beijing move a subtle sign of glaring military weak spot 7 Feb, 2021 05:25 AM 6 minutes to read China is building up its forces in the west of the country, close to India. When someone (usually a man) defends certain behaviors as "innocent" it shows a lack of understanding of the deeply ingrained, totally imbalanced gender dynamics that exist on a … All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Jorge Vamos (author) on July 08, 2012: And, btw, coming back a year later to find comments like these makes me realize my humor is just too dry. Glaring at that parking ticket won't make it go away, you know. (The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) “The insolent villain!” cried Pedro, glaring furiously after him. By definition, a glare involves direct and continuous eye contact. To express by staring angrily: He glared his disapproval. Vice President Mike Pence bid farewell to his supporters in a message on Twitter on Tuesday, his final full day in office. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/glaring+at+somebody. #2 – Someone isn’t being entirely honest about the Rams making a run at Rodgers. Pence's Farewell Message Contains A Glaring Omission And People Have Noticed. Tastelessly showy or bright; garish: a store painted in glaring colors. A glare is a facial expression showing disapproval, fierceness and/or hostility.Glaring, in some cultures is considered offensive. Recognize that underneath the hostility is a very vulnerable and insecure person. Glaring funny cartoons from CartoonStock directory - the world's largest on-line collection of cartoons and comics. Glaring definition is - having a fixed look of hostility, fierceness, or anger. Once you lock eyes, you're acknowledging that you know that person exists and are blowing your cover. Avoiding eye contact is the best way to ignore someone. -glaring at someone. Vivian always used to glare at me, so I thought for sure she didn't like me. https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/glare+at+someone. Vivian always used to glare at me, so I thought for sure she didn't like me. glare at (someone or something) To look at someone or something with anger. Free thesaurus definition of to look at someone in a particular way from the Macmillan English Dictionary - a free English dictionary online with thesaurus and with pronunciation from Macmillan Education. n. 1. A glaring trait of many people on the autism spectrum is difficulty with sensory processing. phrasal verb. In staring, one object or person is the continual focus of visual interest, for an amount of time. Avierai 92 views. when sociologist speak of norms they are referring to. -winking at someones. To look at someone or something with anger. I don't want to trick someone into liking me and these tips can backfire. - Duration: 8:48. The vice president left someone out of his goodbye tweet and photos. A glare may be induced by anger or frustration.. Visually, a glaring person tends to have their eyes fixed and heavily focused on a subject. To shine intensely and blindingly: A hot sun glared down on the desert. Another word for glaring: obvious, open, outstanding, patent, visible | Collins English Thesaurus (2) i dont even mean to do, i just automatcally have a i-hate-you-and-i-want-you-to-die-a-very-painful-death look on my face. To be conspicuous; stand out obtrusively: The headline glared from the page. 11:31. You can feel them staring at you, even if you are not looking directly at them. i cant help it! To look at someone or something with anger. To stare fixedly and angrily. We accompany our speech with appropriate gestures, perhaps glaring for dominance or smiling for deference. As many as 150 people were feared dead in northern India after a Himalayan glacier broke and swept away a hydroelectric dam on Sunday, with floods forcing the evacuation of villages downstream.