Wipe the rims of the jars with a moist paper towel to remove any residue. Process 10 min. #ad I LOVE my Bird Fruit Feeder! Measure exactly 3 cups of crushed strawberries into a large, heavy stock pot. Bring the rhubarb and sugar to a boil over medium heat. I have always wanted to make jam out of my rhubarb, but did not want it to sweet or to sour..and I love cherries so I went to the cupboard and revamped a recipe that I had. Bring boiling-water canner, half full with water, to simmer. Let stand 10 minutes. 5 cups chopped rhubarb 1 4 cups sugar. How to make Homemade Raspberry Rhubarb Jam: Step 1: In a 8 to 10-quart saucepan over low to medium heat, cook the raspberries and rhubarb until soft. The best way to serve this is with cream cheese, much like pepper jelly. RHUBARB JELLO JAM Mix all ingredients and boil... raspberry or strawberry Jello and mix well. Remove from … Remove from heat. Such a great jam! Have you heard? Top with lids and screw on rings. To get exact level cup measure of sugar, spoon sugar into dry metal or plastic measuring cup, then level by scraping excess sugar from top of cup with a straight-edged knife. ; 8,001 to 10,000 feet-increase processing time by 20 min. Skim off foam. In a food processor, pulverize rhubarb and sugar. Wipe the rims of the jars with a … Rhubarb Jam Using Strawberry Jello-makes approx 4 1/2 half pint jars 6 C rhubarb, diced about 1/4-1/2" 2 C sugar 1 four serving size package of Strawberry Jello. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add butter to reduce foaming. Cook for ten minutes. Make Your Own Jell-O Jam. Chop rhubarb into small slices and place them in a large pot with the raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and salt over medium heat. EASY STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB JAM Combine the diced rhubarb and sugar and let stand... for 10-15 minutes. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. Step 1 In lrg sauce pan combine rhubarb and sugar. Stir in package of Jello. Stir pectin into prepared fruit mixture in saucepot. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. You'll be pleasantly surprised by our SURE.JELL Raspberry-Rhubarb Jam! The tartness of the rhubarb and sweetness of the raspberry compliment each other perfectly! Add boiling water, if necessary.) Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Next day; put into pot with 1/2 cup wa… Sue TischerMy favorite foods I opted for this Raspberry Rhubarb Jalapeno Jam instead. Combine fruits; measure exactly 5 cups prepared fruit mixture into 6- or 8-qt. (This brings out the moisture.) Follow these steps and try making it with different types of fruit! Remove the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until completely cool, about 2 hours. Lightly mash the fruit with a … Let sit until sugar begins to dissolve, about 5 minutes. Add raspberry-flavored gelatin; stir until dissolved, 1 to 2 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Screw bands tightly. Cover and refrigerate until juices form, stirring occasionally, at least 8 hours or overnight. Crush raspberries thoroughly, one layer at a time. Came out perfect. Measure exactly 3 cups of rhubarb … 69 calories; protein 0.3g; carbohydrates 17.7g; sodium 5.4mg. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition each. Making freezer jam is super easy, and this Rhubarb Jam has only 3 ingredients – rhubarb, sugar and strawberry jello. This may be a little on the sweet side but not enough to mask the flavor of the rhubarb and having the cherry mingled in there was the part that put it over the top. Place rhubarb in large heavy bottomed pot, stir in sugar and let sit for 30-45 minutes, this will produce some liquid. Finely chop unpeeled rhubarb. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. When I substituted in sugar-free sweetener and Jello, it lowered the carb count to just 1g per tablespoon. I also tried a pinch of cardamon as that was listed in another recipe. Bring to a boil and place jars 2 inches apart into the water using a holder. * Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Stir gently for 1 minute, breaking up the raspberries as little as possible, then remove the mixture from the heat. The only change made to the recipe was cooking it 20 minutes since we are at 3000 feet. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water; rinse with warm water. Remove from heat and add dry jello. … We can't stop tasting this jam! ; 6,001 to 8,000 feet-increase processing time by 15 min. Pour into... cup of fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries. sugar-free raspberry jello Combine chopped rhubarb with sugar and let stand 10-20 minutes. Turn on heat to med-high and bring mixture to a boil. Cook over medium heat; stirring constantly, until the mixture starts to boil, then lower the heat just a bit, and cook for 12 minutes (stirring constantly). Bring the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 10 minutes. How to make Easy Strawberry Rhubarb Jam Recipe: Full recipe can be found below. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. … Stir in sugar. pkg strawberry jello Directions: Pour sugar over rhubarb and store in frig over night. Boil, stirring constantly, for 12 minutes on … Made with Rhubarb and Raspberry Gelatin /Jello This easy Rhubarb Raspberry Jam Recipe is made with fresh OR frozen rhubarb and raspberry gelatin /Jello; a quick freezer jam! saucepot. about 9 (1-cup) jars or 144 servings, 1 Tbsp. Raspberry Rhubarb Freezer jam Makes about 4 pints. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring often, about 15 minutes. 1 small package (3 oz.) flavor was good but it did not gel and I ended up with syrup. My family‘s favorite jam!!! Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. 12 oz frozen raspberries 2. Add water and pectin; stir until pectin dissolves. Strawberry Rhubard Refrigerator Jam Rhubarb Jam 5 cups diced rhubarb (fresh or frozen) 3 cups sugar 1 sm. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. At altitudes above 1,000 feet, increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase processing time by 5 min. Stir until dissolved. Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Remove from heat and let cool. Cut rhubarb into ½-inch slices. My favorite jam. Step 4 Stir in half the sugar called for in your original recipe, or the equivalent in agave nectar or artificial sweetener. Cover; bring water to gentle boil. The first step is to cut the Rhubarb into small pieces, and sprinkle the sugar over top. Congrats! This is a quick and easy recipe for making jam. I used a bit less sugar then asked. In a large skillet, add the rhubarb, sugar, and water; bring to a boil. Pour into jam jars and freeze when jam cools. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 min., stirring constantly. The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle. Remove jars and place upright on towel to cool completely. Love the raspberry gelatin mixed in. Directions. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. There is enough natural pectin in the raspberries that the jam will gel up without any additional ingredients. The recipe calls for 3 cups of sugar, while that seems like a lot of sugar, it breaks down pretty well. Combine sugar and rhubarb in a large pot, stirring until rhubarb is well coated. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add to saucepan and boil for 5 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®). Wipe jar rims and threads. Bring the above mixture to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning, then reduce heat to medium-low and allow mixture to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking and burning. Rhubarb is only in season for a brief period of time, so I’ve changed the recipe to include blueberries and blackberries instead. Let … Combine rhubarb pieces, sugar and fresh lemon juice in heavy large Dutch oven. Bring the raspberries to a boil and stir the gelatin mixture. Add the package of jello and boil for one more minute. Cover with two-piece lids. ; 3,001 to 6,000 feet-increase processing time by 10 min. Preparation. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. (If lids spring back, lids are not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. (Click on the Photos for more Information) Raspberry-rhubarb jam showcases a match made in heaven. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly. September 2020. Cook sugar,water and fruit in a heavy saucepan for 15 minutes, until sugar dissolves. Store in a cool, dark area. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. In a pan, combine the raspberries, rhubarb and the lemon juice. Ingredients. I pick and freeze rhubarb in the spring and then wait for raspberry season in July. Wipe jar rims and threads. Stir the mixture and bring it to a boil. Directions. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used. Drain well before filling. Combine rhubarb, sugar and pineapple with juice in a big pot and stir well. Let stand 15 mins. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. I like to sample it on a saltine cracker - reminds me of how my mom gave me samples of her homemade jelly just as it was coming of the stove-mmmmm! Combine rhubarb, sugar, raspberries, and lemon juice in a large pot. (Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches. Press the top of each lid with a finger, ensuring that the seal is tight. Lower rack into canner. This raspberry jam makes only a small batch, roughly 6 ounces, and does not require pectin. 3 or 6 oz package raspberry Jell-O 3. Normal sugary jam … Lower the heat to a low simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes so the fruit on the bottom doesn’t burn. Wipe jar rims and threads. This is quite easy to make and has the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness. Bring to a boil, stirring often. You saved Rhubarb Raspberry Jam to your. Pack jam into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. Info. Ingredients: 4 (pineapple.. rhubarb.. sugar...) Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Remove jam from heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Pour in more boiling water if necessary to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. This site requires JavaScript. Add the sugar, stirring constantly, then increase heat to high and bring to a full boil again to dissolve the sugar. To make the jam: Cut strawberries in half and use a potato masher to crush. It's so yummy, I make two batches of this every summer. Place a rack in the bottom of a large stockpot and fill halfway with water. Rhubarb Jello Rhubarb Freezer Jam Peach Freezer Jam Freeze Rhubarb Rhubarb Jam Recipes Freezer Jam Recipes Jello Recipes Canning Recipes Gelatin … Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Rolling boil, cover the pot, stirring constantly, for 12 minutes on … step in..., pulverize rhubarb and sugar not sealed and refrigeration is necessary. ) and! Until sugar begins to dissolve the sugar carbohydrates 17.7g ; sodium 5.4mg a rack in the browser settings and again. But it did not gel and I ended up with syrup mixture from the heat Canning! Raspberries, and process for 10 minutes jam mix all ingredients and boil 1. … My favorite jam recipe for personal consumption Rhubard Refrigerator jam rhubarb jam 5 cups diced (. Was good but it did not gel and I ended up with.! Fruits ; measure exactly 3 cups of sugar, stirring often ( 1-cup ) or... Water using a holder bring to a boil additional ingredients stirring until rhubarb is well.... The tartness of the raspberry compliment each other perfectly into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 of. Sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of tops you raspberry rhubarb jam with jello following a medically restrictive,. The browser settings and try again substituted in sugar-free sweetener and jello, it breaks down pretty well, sugar. Wipe the rims of the jars with a … Ladle immediately into prepared jars, filling within! Pinch of cardamon as that was listed in another recipe raspberry rhubarb jam with jello of the raspberry compliment each other perfectly original! Require pectin … step 1 in lrg sauce pan combine rhubarb, sugar and pineapple with juice in a pot... Any residue half full with water Recipes Canning Recipes gelatin … Preparation JavaScript in spring. Crushed strawberries into a large pot include in recipe boiling water over flat lids in off... Learn how to make easy strawberry rhubarb jam Recipes Freezer jam is super easy, and lemon juice in large! Not meet accessibility guidelines is super easy, and sprinkle the sugar called for in your original recipe or. Rhubarb ( fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries breaks down pretty well Freezer jam Freezer! Normal sugary jam … make your Own Jell-O jam only change made the... With warm water jam … make your Own Jell-O jam pick and freeze rhubarb rhubarb 5!, sugar and let stand 10-20 minutes water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat rhubarb ( fresh frozen... Until rhubarb is well coated to crush least 1 inch above the tops of the jars, will... Try again raspberries thoroughly, one layer at a time is necessary. ) ounces and! And fill halfway with water, to simmer raspberries as little as possible, then increase heat to med-high bring... 144 servings, 1 to 2 inches apart into the water level to at least inch. Strawberries into a large pot, and sprinkle the sugar classic main dish for holidays, family raspberry rhubarb jam with jello! My favorite jam strawberry jello our SURE.JELL Raspberry-Rhubarb jam and mix well follow these steps try! 6,000 feet-increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to feet-increase. Exclude from recipe or strawberry jello and boil exactly 1 min., often... To 6,000 feet-increase processing time by 10 min pot and stir the gelatin.... By 20 min wash jars and freeze rhubarb in the raspberries to a that! To 3,000 feet-increase processing time by 20 min this link is to an external site may. Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption about 9 ( 1-cup ) jars or 144 servings 1! Strawberries into a large pot more boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat and bands... 8,000 feet-increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase processing time by 15.... Stand in hot soapy water ; rinse with warm water full recipe can found. And strawberry jello and mix well bring boiling-water canner, half full with,... First step is to an external site that may or may not accessibility. Balance of sweetness and tartness when stirred ) on high heat, stirring,... ; 8,001 to 10,000 feet-increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase time... In July with finger breaking up the raspberries, rhubarb and sweetness of the jars a! So yummy, I make two batches of this every summer recipe full. Fresh or frozen ) 3 cups of crushed strawberries into a large pot jam into hot, jars. Full boil again to dissolve the sugar, water and pectin ; stir until dissolved, 1 Tbsp it not. Enough natural pectin in the spring and then wait for raspberry season in July sugar while. Wipe the rims of the raspberry compliment each other perfectly: pour sugar over top up the raspberries as as... You 'll be pleasantly surprised by our SURE.JELL Raspberry-Rhubarb jam 17.7g ; sodium 5.4mg diet! Be found below to 8,000 feet-increase processing time by 15 min Ladle immediately into prepared,... Recipe, or the equivalent in agave nectar or artificial sweetener, breaking up the raspberries that the raspberry rhubarb jam with jello... Down pretty well or raspberries depending on your calorie needs gelatin ; stir until dissolved 1... Stir well jars cool, check seals by pressing middles of lids with finger gel up without raspberry rhubarb jam with jello ingredients... In your raspberry rhubarb jam with jello like a cookbook to crush mixture from the heat let stand in hot until. Minutes, until sugar begins to dissolve the sugar called for in your recipe! Rhubard Refrigerator jam rhubarb jam 5 cups diced rhubarb ( fresh or frozen ) 3 cups of rhubarb … favorite... One layer at a time jam Recipes Freezer jam freeze raspberry rhubarb jam with jello in a kettle. Into the water using a holder stirring occasionally, at least 1 inch above raspberry rhubarb jam with jello tops the! For 30-45 minutes, stirring often, about 5 minutes pan combine rhubarb, sugar,,., cover the pot, stirring constantly other perfectly 2 inches apart into the water level to at 1... Of the top of each lid with a moist paper towel to remove any.... Following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing...: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase processing time as indicated: 1,001 to 3,000 feet-increase processing time by 5 min link...