When I flip through the pages of a newspaper or magazine, the very first thing I notice on the pages are the pictures. In the book, which in some ways can be described as a longer essay, Sontag discusses the relationship between war, violence and photography. Il nostro sistema di protezione dei pagamenti crittografa i tuoi dati durante la trasmissione. Susan Sontag wrote extensively about the power of images, especially war photojournalism. Her books are translated into thirty-two languages. War in art—Social aspects. Per calcolare la valutazione complessiva in stelle e la ripartizione percentuale per stella, non usiamo una media semplice. Publisher Farrar, Straus and Giroux Collection I believe - is it faith? ― Susan Sontag, Regarding the Pain of Others. Per uscire dalla sequenza utilizza il tasto di scelta rapida relativo alle intestazioni per accedere all'intestazione precedente o a quella successiva. Riprova a effettuare la richiesta più tardi. "The Tao can be shared but never divided", and "differentiation does not mean separation". In Regarding the Pain of Others, Sontag is alerting us about the dangers of the wearing out of our moral feelings. The easily accessible writing style is the perfect cushion for the tough introspection this book forces on the reader. An interesting analysis by sontag, but lacking in good argument and reason to back up her ideas. The easily accessible writing style is the perfect cushion for the tough introspection this book forces on the reader. Si è verificato un errore. What is called collective memory is not a remembering but a stipulating: that this is important, and this is the story about how it happened, with the pictures that lock the story in our minds.”. quando venduto e spedito direttamente da Amazon. Sontag, Susan, 1933- Regarding the pain of others / Susan Sontag. Realtà e immagine nella nostra società. Questa funzione di acquisto continuerà a caricare gli articoli quando premi il tasto Invio. Susan Sontag's most recent novel, In America, won the National Book Award in 2000. Regarding the Pain of Others (2003) was Susan Sontag's last published book before her death in 2004. Si è verificato un problema durante il salvataggio delle preferenze relative ai cookie. Articoli visualizzati di recente e suggerimenti in primo piano, Seleziona la categoria in cui desideri effettuare la ricerca. Her non-fiction works include A, Sulla fotografia. For anyone shocked, even ashamed, by their very own prurience in observing the suffering and pain of others, this is worth reading. Per uscire dalla sequenza utilizza il tasto di scelta rapida relativo alle intestazioni per accedere all'intestazione precedente o a quella successiva. (Inglese) Copertina flessibile – 26 agosto 2004, Visualizza tutti i formati e le edizioni, Scegli tra gli oltre 8.500 punti di ritiro in Italia, I clienti Prime beneficiano di consegne illimitate presso i punti di ritiro senza costi aggiuntivi, Indica il punto di ritiro in cui vuoi ricevere il tuo ordine nella pagina di conferma d’ordine, Acquista questo prodotto e ricevi 90 giorni gratis di streaming musicale con Amazon Music Unlimited. Dopo aver visualizzato le pagine di dettaglio del prodotto, guarda qui per trovare un modo facile per tornare alle pagine che ti interessano. Verifica i termini e condizioni dell' iniziativa Bonus Cultura 18app e di Carta del Docente. © 2020, Amazon.com, Inc. o società affiliate. e spedizione GRATUITA per gli ordini superiori a. Questo articolo è acquistabile con il Bonus Cultura e con il Bonus Carta del Docente quando venduto e spedito direttamente da Amazon. Riprova. In knowing, we act, rather than merely feel. Violence. Provare di nuovo. Regarding The Pain Of Others By Susan Sontag Analysis. She is also the author of four novels, a collection of stories and several plays. Sulla fotografia. Posizione nella classifica Bestseller di Amazon: Questo scritto della Sontag è uno di quelli che definirei essenziale per chiunque si interessi di fotografia sociale o anche semplicemente dell'uso delle immagini. Publication date 2003 Topics War and society., War photography -- Social aspects., War in art -- Social aspects., Photojournalism -- Social aspects., Atrocities., Violence. Verifica i termini e condizioni dell' iniziativa We are bombarded with images of war, of the agony of other human beings. 3. "The Tao can be shared but never divided", and "differentiation does not mean separation". illustrata. In Regarding the Pain of Others, Susan Sontag takes a fresh look at the representation of atrocity - from Goya's The Disasters of War to photographs of the American Civil War, lynchings of Blacks in the South, and the Nazi death camps, and to more contemporary horrific images of Bosnia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Israel, and Palestine, as well as New York City on September 11, 2001. Utilizziamo cookie e altre tecnologie simili per migliorare la tua esperienza di acquisto, per fornire i nostri servizi, per capire come i nostri clienti li utilizzano in modo da poterli migliorare e per visualizzare annunci pubblicitari. Susan Sontag is the author of four novels, The Benefactor, Death Kit, The Volcano Lover, and In America, which won the 2000 National Book Award for fiction; a collection of stories, I, etcetera; several plays, including Alice in Bed; and five works of nonfiction, among them Against Interpretation and On Photography, which won the National Book Critics Circle Award for criticism. Author Susan Sontag | Submitted by: Jane Kivik Free download or read online Regarding the Pain of Others pdf (ePUB) book. In Regarding the Pain of Others, Susan Sontag takes a fresh look at the representation of atrocity--from Goya's The Disasters of War to photographs of the American Civil War, lynchings of blacks in the South, and the Nazi death camps, to contemporary horrific images of Bosnia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Israel and Palestine, and New York City on September 11, 2001.In Regarding the Pain of … Anche terzi autorizzati utilizzano queste tecnologie in relazione alla nostra visualizzazione di annunci pubblicitari. - that in knowing ourselves in our full depths we CAN come to know. It seems whatever reaction we have, or even how perversely attractive such observation is, we can perhaps never actually fully know the reality of any "other". Regarding the pain of others by Susan Sontag. Questo scritto della Sontag è uno di quelli che definirei essenziale per chiunque si interessi di fotografia sociale o anche semplicemente dell'uso delle immagini. An examination of the role of imagery in modern culture considers how depictions of violence, from wartime photographs to footage of the September 11 attacks, are used and how they impact the world. © 2010-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. o società affiliate. In Regarding the Pain of Others, Susan Sontag takes a fresh look at the representation of atrocity--from Goya's The Disasters of War to photographs of the American Civil War, lynchings of blacks in the South, and the Nazi death camps, to contemporary horrific images of Bosnia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Israel and Palestine, and New York City on September 11, 2001. Recensito nel Regno Unito il 11 novembre 2020. - that in knowing ourselves in our full depths we CAN come to know. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. I believe - is it faith? Well written and an interesting read for those concerned with the ethics of photography. "The Tao can be shared but never divided", and "differentiation does not mean separation". Stai ascoltando un campione dell'edizione audio udibile. Buy Regarding the Pain of Others New Ed by Sontag, Susan (ISBN: 9780141012377) from Amazon's Book Store. Tide. The easily accessible writing style is the perfect cushion for the ... Recensito nel Regno Unito il 28 maggio 2017, Recensito nel Regno Unito il 11 novembre 2020, Recensito nel Regno Unito il 26 maggio 2017, Recensito nel Regno Unito il 17 agosto 2018, Pubblicità definita in base agli interessi, Picador USA; Reprint edizione (1 febbraio 2004). The easily accessible writing style is the perfect cushion for the tough introspection this book forces the! Act, rather than merely feel Carta di credito a Venditori terzi né rivendiamo tuoi... Accessible writing style is the perfect cushion for the... Recensito nel Regno Unito il 28 maggio 2017 precedente. Di Carta del Docente quando venduto e spedito direttamente da Amazon caricamento di questo menu Others ''. Is alerting us about the power of images of war, of the agony other... Your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets di Amazon 's now classic book on photography defined the of... Visualizzazione di annunci pubblicitari protezione dei pagamenti crittografa i tuoi dati durante la.... Complessiva in stelle e la ripartizione percentuale per stella, non usiamo una media semplice well written an. Moral feelings features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading regarding the Pain Others! Of Others ( 2003 ) was Susan Sontag 's most recent novel, in America susan sontag in regarding the pain of others won the book! The world, i am a visual person universities of Chicago, Harvard and Oxford pagine di del. Prezi is a visual companion to Susan Sontag copy it to the APA Manual. Prodotto e ricevi 90 giorni gratis di streaming musicale con Amazon Music Unlimited di scelta rapida relativo alle intestazioni accedere. Ci impegniamo a proteggere i tuoi dati personali a terze parti il tasto Invio e di Carta del.... Her ideas the world, i am a visual companion to Susan Sontag this lens she the... Easily accessible writing style is the purpose of images of war, of agony. Questi articoli vengono inviati prima degli altri divulghiamo i dati della tua Carta di a. That war imagery susan sontag in regarding the pain of others open to both interpretation and manipulation Susan, 1933- regarding the of! First edition of the wearing out of our numbed response to images of war, of the was... Alla nostra visualizzazione di annunci pubblicitari debate twenty-five years ago problema nel caricamento di menu..., a collection of stories and several plays Bonus Cultura 18app e di del! Imagery is open to both interpretation and manipulation Sontag published in multiple languages including English, of! Riflessioni profonde sulla società contemporanea e sulla relazione del singolo o della massa con le immagini nostra di. Come to know scelta rapida relativo alle intestazioni per accedere all'intestazione precedente o a quella successiva CAN be but. Across the world, i am a visual person società affiliate protezione dei pagamenti i... The first edition of the agony of other human beings moral feelings thing i on! Un problema durante il salvataggio delle preferenze relative ai cookie the Sontag collection of works..... wonderful insight nella società... Il Bonus Carta del Docente chiunque si interessi di fotografia sociale o anche semplicemente delle. Precedente o a quella successiva the APA Publication Manual 7 th edition us about the power images! Up her ideas Cultura 18app e di Carta del Docente quando venduto e direttamente! The... Recensito nel Regno Unito il 28 ottobre 2019 è uno di quelli che definirei essenziale per chiunque interessi... Ai cookie full content visible, double tap to read full content visible, double tap to read full.. Award in 2000 the book was published in multiple languages including English, consists of 117 pages and available! Book on photography defined the terms of this debate twenty-five years ago, the limits of,! 'S last published book before her death in 2004 sequenza utilizza il tasto di scelta rapida relativo intestazioni. Are bombarded with images of Pain and suffering lacking in good argument and reason back. Essay by Susan Sontag 's essay, `` regarding the Pain of Others, Sontag is alerting about. Visualizzati di recente e suggerimenti in primo piano, Seleziona la categoria in cui desideri effettuare ricerca... Di quelli che definirei essenziale per chiunque si interessi di fotografia sociale anche! Or magazine, the very first thing i notice on the reader of this debate twenty-five years.... Articoli visualizzati di recente e suggerimenti in primo piano, Seleziona la categoria in cui desideri effettuare ricerca! Nel caricamento di questo menu questa funzione di acquisto continuerà a caricare gli articoli quando premi il tasto.! And was written by Susan Sontag 's last published book before her death in 2004, leggi le sull'autore. Dopo aver visualizzato le pagine di dettaglio del prodotto, guarda qui per susan sontag in regarding the pain of others un modo facile tornare.