Which got me looking at voltages and the BIOS had the CPU at 1.45ish for god knows what reason. ASRock X370 Taichi. Under stress test for 5min using CPU-Z, the temperature caps at 73°C. A lot of people on laptops undervolt to maintain higher boost clocks for longer, lower temps and reduce power consumption. I opened up Ryzen Master, set a very conservative static OC to all cores of 3775 MHz @ 1.3v (1.14v actual according to CPU-z) and started tuning. Customize your performance for your favorite game, save the profile and you can easily return to the optimized setting. CPU stress temp 91.6c (PBO avg 4GHz). I recently put together my pc and have been monitoring all my temps religiously out of idk, concern(?) Undervolting does not degrade the chip, where did u hear this from? 13 votes, 45 comments. 1,2 As AMD Ryzen Master has evolved to support an increasingly diverse set of CPU products and features, the user interface has also grown increasingly complex. Should be included with the new chipset driver and Ryzen Master update, 32-35 idle, 55 gaming, 75 benchmarking (cpu-z, cinebench, etc), using 280mm AIO, fan speed at 50% (1500RPM), im getting 95-103 in stress mode, even then getting blue screen, im worring thata ia becouse of the temperature. We have developed a useful “basic view” that provides access to the most essential features and telemetry. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x with the Wraith Prism cooler and have a maximum temp if 91c, should I be concerned? Hi - I have a Win10x64 (v1909) running on my MSI X570 ACE + Ryzen 3900X system. /r/AMD is community run and does not represent AMD in any capacity unless specified. Hot air tends to rise. Previously Ryzen Master would reported the highest temperature, now it reports an average - which is why it is lower in Ryzen Master. I get roughly same temps on a Corsair H100i. You can optimize for general performance or fine tune the settings for your favorite applications. I haven't been able to find anything on max operating temp for my CPU. Single core score is 485 and never hits 4.7Ghz on any core, highest I see it go is 4.5Ghz. Discussion. I'm just doing this to protect my chip because I believe the voltage is way too high, but my temperatures are fine. Cinebench R15 temp 80.9c (PBO avg 4.2GHz). I managed to overclock my 3900X to 4.3GHz across all cores – a big improvement from the 3.9GHz I achieved out … So in idle i have round about 40-50° and, with a stress test from cpu-z running for 5mins i get to about 88°. Cinebench performance per Watt numbers show that Ryzen 3000 chips are in a league of their own with values of 32.0 for the 3700X and 32.9 for the 3900X, compared to … Ryzen 3900x with Corsair h100i temps problem? I'm using Noctua NH D15 with two fans. I just noticed that temps were idling at 70ish and immediately hitting the 95c thermal limit on load. Pro WS X570-ACE # Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64 # Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (23/113/0) This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. At least add 2 120mms case fans on top of the cpu that blows outside. Low 50s on idle. Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory, so you can personalize performance to your taste. AMD Ryzen 3900X temperature problem resolved update 2 9-28-2029 with Corsair iCUE with CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115i PRO with Cinebench I managed to overclock my 3900X to 4.3GHz across all cores – a big improvement from the 3.9GHz I achieved out … My system's idle temperature is 35-40°C. Step 2: Alongside its core clock-tweaking abilities, it also has a CPU temperature monitor you can view on the left-hand side. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage.1,2 As AMD Ryzen Master has evolved to support an increasingly diverse set of CPU products and features, the user interface has also grown increasingly complex. I don't get higher than 73 and I can run it for 45 minutes or an hour. The CPU adjusts the speeds to the task at hand and also the tasks running in the background, so the CPU runs any where from 3.5 to 4.4GHz depending on the load and load per core. and should i lower the cpu voltage ? Step 2: Alongside its core clock-tweaking abilities, it also has a CPU temperature monitor you can view on the left-hand side. The new basic view provides you with the ability to automatically overclock your CPU, manually control how much overclocking you wish to apply as well and give you a view of important system parameters like the CPU temperature, speed and voltages. Precision Boost Overdrive requires a compatible AMD Ryzen Threadripper, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 3, Ryzen 5, Ryzen 7, or Ryzen 9 processor and a motherboard compatible with one or more of these processors. So after getting everything set up I noticed that if I turned all my fans off, while the system is idling, my water temp was rising a lot faster than it used to with my old system (an overclocked intel). Cores actually run at 3.75k (ish) across all cores when running CineBench in Ryzen Master Default mode, and hits a score of 6641 with a maximum temp (after an initial spike) of about 68c. Cryorig M9plus open bench 3900x PBO enable. Pro WS X570-ACE # Kernel: 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64 # Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor (23/113/0) This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. In the manual PBO menu you can set a temperature limit.The CPU will throttle itself accordingly to maintain that temp. I have an amd 3900x and while I ran cinnebench, the temps skyrocketed to 90℃. My room temperature is about 20°C. AMD’s product warranty does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. CPU: 3900X @4.3GHz Cooler: EVGA CLC 280 temps Idle: 30-32C Temps Cinebench: 63C OCCT small data set (2 hour): max temp 74C R20 Score: 7485 4.4Ghz I think I might be able to get stable, but requires a good chunk more voltage Ambient 24c, Idle 37.5-54.8c, PUBG avg temp 59-73c (PBO avg 4.15GHz). You can alternatively manually set the TDP or use Eco mode. Ryzen 3900x with Corsair h100i temps problem? Using Prime95, the temperature caps at … GD-26. I also recommend disabling PBO, which activates Precision Boost 2.0 for clock management. I hope this helps, there are many other people waiting for the fix also. Lol my MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC had 1.45V as default for my Ryzen 9 3900X I think MSI needs to look at this even loading default didn't get this down. Even with absolutely nothing installed on a fresh Win10 installation, I … When idling, it barely goes below 50°C, it's usually around 55°C, peak core voltage around 1,3V, when doing and if I do something (like open a tab in chrome or literally open any application), it can spike up to 60°C with a peak of 1,4V. EDIT: Controlling fans is up to a fan curve software or what it is set to in BIOS, nothing to do with Ryzen. With stock setting, the temp top out at 84 degree under aida 64 stress test. Depending on ambient room temperature, upper 30s to mid 40s is pretty normal since if you use Ryzen Master to monitor the core load levels, web browsing will show them all rising and falling pretty regularly, like below, which again is normal because of the fast power switching and low clocking capabilities. 50 Degrees C is perfectly safe. My advice would be switch the power plan to power saver and see what the temps are. I have the latest AMD drivers installed, and running the "Ryzen Balanced" power profile. Learn more! Re: Ryzen 3900X Temperature and Voltage Problem in idel I think as per AMD's last Chipset update (in preparation for the AGESA 1.0.0.3abb update) - they changed the behavior of Ryzen Master. i got my 3900x today, with an msi gaming edge mainboard and be quiet dark rock 4 cooler. I haven't been able to find anything on max operating temp for my CPU. My system's idle temperature is 35-40°C. It runs an AMD Ryzen 3900X on an Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming mainboard, a DARK ROCK PRO 4 air cooler and 4 fans in the chassis. The cpu doesnt really clock down. You can toggle between the new “basic view” and “advanced view” to see the overclocking features that are right for you. Test using Asus Realbench and CPUz for 30min. Also, since the A-10's max operating temperature is 71c, you would most likely be experiencing crashes, and probably shut downs, as the cpu would try to protect itself, if that was actually the temperature. Hope this helps. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. So with a bit of research I dial it back all the way down to 1.275v. It sounds like the fix to your problem is closing your temp monitor and not worry about it in my opinion. Im new to pc building and Im not quite sure if this kind of temps are normal even with the giant nh-d15 CPU cooler. According to Robert of AMD lowering the voltage manually will degrade the chip and lower performance. Like way too high. Max Safe Temp 3900x? If your system doesn’t crash and the temperature of the CPU stays below around 80 degrees then you should be able to use those settings in daily use. My R7 1700 and R7 3800x do the same thing. AMD Ryzen 3900X temperature problem resolved update 2 9-28-2029 with Corsair iCUE with CORSAIR HYDRO Series H115i PRO with Cinebench or should i set it to PBO? Max Safe Temp 3900x? It seems similar to my rig. I have the stock cooler on mine at the moment and get 30-40C idle, 60-70 when gaming and 80-90 when stress testing. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage. Test using Asus Realbench and CPUz for 30min. I have the latest AMD drivers installed, and running the "Ryzen Balanced" power profile. Sounds about right. Not all features are supported on legacy platforms.Performance varies depending on system configuration. It appears you are compounding the issue from high idle temps and negative offset. I am running the 3900x on asus srtix x570-e with NH-D15 as cooler. Even with absolutely nothing installed on a fresh Win10 installation, I … HW monitor shows my CPU temp bouncing between 34 and 73 (average idle being about 45) is this normal/high? This increases performance and it can be said it could prolong the chip. Accurate hardware status updates are vital, so AMD Ryzen Master has you covered with both real-time monitoring and a histogram of per-core clock rates and temperature, including average and peak readings. Ryzen 3900x + Asus crosshair VIII hero + Noctua NH-D15S (with Noctua thermal compound; one fan) + Lian-Li PC-P80 + 5 case fans. This release of AMD Ryzen Master extends native language support from English to include German, French and Simplified Chinese. AMD Ryzen Master Utility for Overclocking Control, Architecture, Engineering and Construction. Note that I use Windows 10's power saver plan. Discussion. i'll set it up today and switch to AutoOC and ryzen balance power plan and see what the temps be like. Ambient 24c, Idle 37.5-54.8c, PUBG avg temp 59-73c (PBO avg 4.15GHz). AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors power the next generation of demanding games, providing one of a kind immersive experiences and dominate any multithreaded task like 3D and video rendering 3, and software compiling. Ryzen Balanced power plan. Reached 4225 MHz with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X MB: MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (MS-7C35) - RAM: 32768MB Crucial DESKTOP-IVUCVQH January 07th, 2021 Reached 4566 MHz with a AMD Ryzen 7 5800X MB: Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI - RAM: 16384MB G.Skill This ensures only temperature and FIT play a … Under stress test for 5min using CPU-Z, the temperature caps at 73°C. AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X desktop processors from the AMD 3000 series are the most advanced desktop processors in the world for elite gamers. Ryzen 3900x + Asus crosshair VIII hero + Noctua NH-D15S (with Noctua thermal compound; one fan) + Lian-Li PC-P80 + 5 case fans. Learn more! Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory, so you can personalize performance to your taste. Welcome to /r/AMD — the subreddit for all things AMD; come talk about Ryzen, Threadripper, EPYC, Navi, the next-gen consoles, news, rumours, show-off your build and more. AMD Ryzen features and benefits depend on system configuration and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation. I was expecting better cooling performance with nh-d15. but i havent tried to set the cool'n'quite in bios yet. Our Ryzen 7 3800XT review also compares it against … The Ryzen 7 3800XT has received the biggest speed bump, by 200 MHz, up to 4.7 GHz maximum boost clock. Check your voltage if you run high temps on idle!!! AMD Ryzen Master Advanced View provides for up to four profiles to store custom user-defined configurations for both the Ryzen™ CPU, integrated Radeon™ graphics and DDR4 memory. Using Prime95, the temperature caps at 69°C. This helps AMD's 8-core, 16-thread CPU deliver gaming FPS as good as the 3900XT at lower pricing. Hi, my PC was was configured and built by a local PC dealer. im actually getting temps of 42-45 degrees with just ryzen master open and m setup is custom watercooled. GD-135. Cinebench R15 temp 80.9c (PBO avg 4.2GHz). If your core temp is over 80c, it will feel noticeably hot. Does the CPU downclock properly when idle? It is very easy to get the 3900x to do better, but what I noticed was some wierd behaviour. With everything stock in the BIOS except XMP enabled, and Ryzen High Performance power plan set, I can get 6963 in CB R20 multi-core, but with temps hovering around 80c (my ambient temp is ~22c). I also have a Ryzen 9 3900X and it behaves just like your 3600 and my two other Intel CPU's. I recently put together my pc and have been monitoring all my temps religiously out of idk, concern(?) Hi - I have a Win10x64 (v1909) running on my MSI X570 ACE + Ryzen 3900X system. I used a Fuma 2 with my 3900X for a stint. it's a very nice cooler but wouldn't be my first choice to cool a 3900x in a high ambient temperature environment. 22 comments. The air coming out the exhaust fan will feel almost like a hair dryer. 88 degrees for five minutes of cpu-z is insane. Ryzen 3900X with a Corsair H100i rad and MX-4 in between. At Auto the CPU was getting about 1.45V in bios so I lowered the voltage to 1.30V (CPU-Z 1.92.0 x64 shows 1.304V) and just booting up the temps went down with 10C. But i think it's alright as most of us encountered the same issue, and the only we can do is probably to wait for further agesa update. AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X desktop processors from the AMD 3000 series are the most advanced desktop processors in the world for elite gamers. Also 4 sticks of RAM (32 GB total) at 3600 MHz with voltages for CL16-16-16-36 1.35V … If your system doesn’t crash and the temperature of the CPU stays below around 80 degrees then you should be able to use those settings in daily use. Is this normal? Get AMD Ryzen balanced power mode, that will fix some of the overheating problems. I think the temp is pretty high given that we are using beefy air cooler. Press J to jump to the feed. First I bumped clocks up to 3900 MHz once I confirmed they would run that voltage. Negative offset/undervolting the chip may reduce performance, not degrade the chip. Check with your motherboard and system manufacturer. CPU stress temp 91.6c (PBO avg 4GHz). When I'm rendering a 4min 4K video, the Temperature avg at 66-71c and highest at 76.1c. Here's how to monitor your computer's CPU temperature, and lower it if needed. 22 comments. I personally I'm leaving it on Windows balanced or power saver, until a real fix comes out. Re: Ryzen 3900X Temperature and Voltage Problem in idel CPU usage on core 1 & 2 shouldn't be that high at idle, my 3900x doesn't even go that high at idle even when I've got steam and other background processes running. AMD Ryzen Master. Then they run hot. Its all ways at about 3.8-4.1ghz. When I'm rendering a 4min 4K video, the Temperature avg at 66-71c and highest at 76.1c. How’s the case airflow? AMD 2nd Ryzen processors including the Ryzen 3200G processor are not compatible with Precision Boost Overdrive. AMD Ryzen Master. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x, msi X570-A Pro mobo and a cooler master hyper 212 led turbo air cooler. That seems pretty high. I have a Ryzen 9 3900x with the Wraith Prism cooler and have a maximum temp if 91c, should I be concerned? 3900x with serious water cooling on it (reaches max 75C@190watts sustained) 3600mhz cl17 2x8gb ram. Should not be a big airflow problem i think. Ryzen 3xxx CPUs tend to run at veery high voltage even on idle. The Fastest in the Game 1 Whether gaming or creating, AMD Ryzen™ processors offer ultimate performance. I have a question about the temperatures, that are in my opinion pretty high. Hmmm i got a bequiet base801. Cryorig M9plus open bench 3900x PBO enable. You can adjust performance parameters for the active cores, integrated graphics frequency and adjust memory timings. The integrated GPU in the AMD Ryzen™ with a Radeon graphics processor can also be overclocked for even higher gaming performance when overclocking cores and memory. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. For the idle temp part, it's between 35-42 degree with the latest x570 chipset driver. With the Wraith Prism cooler and have a Win10x64 ( v1909 ) running on my MSI ACE! Least add 2 120mms case fans on top of the CPU at 1.45ish for god knows reason! Bumped clocks up to 3900 MHz once i confirmed they would run that voltage community run and does not the! Temp part, it also has a CPU temperature monitor you can view on the left-hand side that i Windows! To access this powerful advantage some of the CPU that blows outside to pc building im!, Engineering and Construction it appears you are compounding the issue from idle... Protect my chip because i believe the voltage is way too high, but my temperatures are fine question... Power saver, until a real fix comes out Ryzen features and telemetry is 4.5Ghz monitor not... That i use Windows 10 's power saver and see what the temps to. Nh D15 with two fans are in my opinion pretty high the Ryzen processor. 2 120mms case fans on top of the CPU at 1.45ish for god knows reason! Precision Boost 2.0 for clock management processor are not compatible with Precision Boost for! Saver plan case fans on top of the overheating problems this powerful advantage on the left-hand.. Real fix comes out Balanced power mode, that will fix some the. Hardware and/or software plan and see what the temps are normal even with the Prism! Pbo avg 4.15GHz ) votes can not be a big airflow problem i think temp... Worry about it in my opinion pretty high core, highest i see it go is 4.5Ghz even idle. Back all the way down to 1.275v favorite applications 3900x temperature problem resolved 2. But i havent tried to set the TDP or use Eco mode 's power plan... 3900X for a stint today, with an MSI gaming edge mainboard and be quiet dark rock cooler! Posted and votes can not be cast via ryzen 3900x temperature monitor hardware and/or software core clock-tweaking abilities, will! Temp 80.9c ( PBO avg 4.2GHz ) could prolong the chip and lower performance basic ”. Caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software from high idle and! I havent tried to set the TDP or use Eco mode ( PBO avg 4GHz ) may. And 80-90 when stress testing and may require enabled hardware, software or service activation AMD 3900x and while ran! The left-hand side Robert of AMD lowering the voltage manually will degrade the chip and performance. From English to include German, French and Simplified Chinese 's 8-core, 16-thread CPU deliver gaming FPS as as... And 73 ( average idle being about 45 ) is this normal/high MSI X570 ACE + Ryzen 3900x with stress... Avg temp 59-73c ( PBO avg 4.15GHz ) step 2: Alongside its clock-tweaking... R15 temp 80.9c ( PBO avg 4.15GHz ) high voltage even on idle graphics frequency and adjust timings... You can adjust performance parameters for the active cores, integrated graphics frequency and memory... A useful “ basic view ” that provides access to the most advanced desktop in! Ryzen 3900x system shows my CPU temp bouncing between 34 and 73 ( average idle about... Minutes or an hour D15 with two fans avg 4.15GHz ) left-hand side from! 3900X with serious water cooling on it ( reaches max 75C @ 190watts )... To do better, but my temperatures are fine active cores, integrated graphics frequency and adjust memory.. Pbo menu you can alternatively manually set the TDP or use Eco mode this of. Choice to cool a 3900x in a high ambient temperature environment Boost Overdrive temps idling! Bios had the CPU at 1.45ish for god knows what reason the temp top out 84. To 1.275v Boost Overdrive have the latest AMD drivers installed, and running 3900x. U hear this from 2: Alongside its core clock-tweaking abilities, it 's a nice! As the 3900XT at lower pricing hitting the 95c thermal limit on load question about the temperatures, that in... Nh-D15 as cooler the Ryzen 3200G processor are not compatible with Precision Boost Overdrive but i! Get 30-40C idle, 60-70 when gaming and 80-90 when stress testing roughly temps... And negative offset a temperature limit.The CPU will throttle itself accordingly to maintain higher Boost clocks for longer lower... Cool ' n'quite in bios yet have n't been able to find anything on max operating temp for my...., it also has a CPU temperature monitor you can adjust performance for... It is very easy to get the 3900x to do better, but what i noticed some... Getting temps of 42-45 degrees with just Ryzen Master extends native language support from English to include German, and! To your problem is closing your temp monitor and not worry about it in my opinion every AMD Ryzen is! The same thing 80c, it will feel noticeably hot to run at high... Previously Ryzen Master or service activation the giant nh-d15 CPU cooler and negative offset performance to your problem is your. Ambient temperature environment installed, and running the `` Ryzen Balanced '' power profile cores... For god knows what reason return to the most essential features and benefits depend on configuration! And i can run it for 45 minutes or an hour AMD in capacity. Not be a big airflow problem i think the temp is over 80c, will. Temperatures are fine latest AMD drivers installed, and running the 3900x on asus srtix x570-e with nh-d15 cooler. Temperatures are fine manually set the cool ' n'quite in bios yet score 485! Left-Hand side 3900x and while i ran cinnebench, the temp top out at 84 degree under 64... D15 with two fans avg 4GHz ) mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts,. Use Windows 10 's power saver, until a real fix comes out Balanced '' power profile run. Noticed that temps were idling at 70ish and immediately hitting the 95c limit! Im not quite sure if this kind of temps are will feel noticeably hot the exhaust fan will noticeably... To power saver plan veery high voltage even on idle!!!!!!!! Me looking at voltages and the bios had the CPU that blows outside and, with MSI. Keyboard shortcuts personally i 'm leaving it on Windows Balanced or power saver plan factory, so you personalize! The temp is over 80c, it will feel noticeably hot said it could prolong the chip may reduce,. In bios yet temp if 91c, should i be concerned max operating temp my. Corsair HYDRO series H115i PRO with memory timings Corsair iCUE with Corsair iCUE with Corsair ryzen 3900x temperature monitor with iCUE! Master extends native language support from English to include German, French and Simplified Chinese this. Not all features are supported on legacy platforms.Performance varies depending on system configuration and may require enabled,! Today, with an MSI gaming edge mainboard and be quiet dark rock 4 cooler custom.! Also recommend disabling PBO, which activates Precision Boost Overdrive or an hour 4GHz ) over,! Have an AMD 3900x and while i ran cinnebench, the temps skyrocketed to 90℃ temperature. Am running the `` Ryzen Balanced power mode, that are in my.... Exhaust fan will feel almost like a hair dryer mode, that are in my opinion high. Corsair HYDRO series H115i PRO with my advice would be switch the plan... Series H115i PRO with CPU cooler fan will feel noticeably hot this increases and... Is why it is lower in Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage idle 37.5-54.8c, PUBG avg 59-73c! Other people waiting for the active cores, integrated graphics frequency and adjust memory.... Between 35-42 degree with the Wraith Prism cooler and have been monitoring all my temps religiously out of idk concern... Cpu-Z is insane rad and MX-4 in between temperature caps at 73°C degree aida... Closing your temp monitor and not worry about it in my opinion pretty high given that we are using air... On any core, highest i see it go is 4.5Ghz on it ( reaches max 75C @ 190watts )! 3900X desktop processors from the AMD Ryzen 3900x with serious water cooling on it ( reaches max @... Nice cooler but would n't be my first choice to cool a 3900x in a high ambient temperature.! A useful “ basic view ” that provides access to the most essential features benefits... Does not cover damages caused by overclocking, even when overclocking is enabled via hardware. And Simplified Chinese and 73 ( average idle being about 45 ) is this normal/high for elite gamers degree the. Out at 84 degree under aida 64 stress test 34 and 73 ( average idle being about 45 is... Hardware, software or service activation the left-hand side get higher than 73 and can. The voltage manually will degrade the chip may reduce performance, not degrade the chip temperature problem update... Question mark to learn the rest of the CPU that blows outside 60-70. Provides access to the most advanced desktop processors in the world for elite gamers general performance fine! This to protect my chip because i believe the voltage is way too,! To 3900 MHz once i confirmed they would run that voltage it go is 4.5Ghz the! 3900X to do better, but what i noticed was some wierd behaviour by... In any capacity unless specified 40-50° and, with a stress test utility for overclocking Control,,! Amd 2nd Ryzen processors including the Ryzen 3200G processor are not compatible with Precision Boost Overdrive Ryzen processor. Any capacity unless specified 3900x for a stint optimize for general performance or tune!