In a small bowl, combine a pinch of non-iodized fine-grain sea salt (about 1/8 teaspoon) and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of very warm water. Using warm water, dissolve a good amount of salt into the water, about 2 tablespoons depending on how much water you use. The easiest way to clean your new piercing is in the shower. It’d be better to use the solution any piercer sells at their shop, however, if you want to go the DIY route, a squeeze bottle or a sprayer would be best suited to aiming. Make sure to clean the piercing location 3 times a day with salt water or ear piercing solution, which you can buy in the nearest pharmacy, piercing shop or Amazon. You can use saline solution or wound wash spray for cleaning your belly piercing but just use it once or twice a day; otherwise, it can create irritation. In a small bowl, combine a pinch of non-iodized fine-grain sea salt (about 1/8 teaspoon) and about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of very warm water. 10 Best Earrings For Athletes in 2021 | Complete Guide for Every Sport, Best Earrings You Can Wear 24/7 | Complete Guide. But of course, aftercare should not be an afterthought. Here's What You Need to Know, Considering a Snake Bite Piercing? 7: Can I use a contact solution to clean my piercing? 9: can i use contact lens saline solution to clean my piercing? Saline and spray prove helpful in decreasing healing and speed up the healing process. For extra care, a warm sea salt soak once or twice a day can also be beneficial. 6: can i use saline solution to clean my belly button piercing? Wash with warm water and gentle soap before you … Your piercing parts should remain at least 5 minutes in the solution, and dry it with a disposable paper sheet. Soft and mild solutions are the best choice for your ear piercing. Can I use coarse sea salt to clean my piercing? Experts…, Best Headphones for Tragus Piercing in 2020 | Complete…. Rachel is a board-certified dermatologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at Mount Sinai Hospital Department of Dermatology. 8: can i use saline nasal spray for my piercing? I covered all kind of stuff related to piercing. There are many products and things available in the market for cleaning body piercing. There are some common tips to clean your new ear piercing. Latest Non Pierced Earrings For Guys in 2021 | Complete Guide, Best Type of Earrings That Won’t Turn Your Ears Green | Complete Guide, 10 Best Earring Backs for Sleeping in 2021 | Complete Guide, When Can I Change my Nose Piercing? It’s good for germ infection, and it’ll protect your piercing from germs and bacteria. Basically a salt water solution. First wash your hands with soap and water. Maybe your body doesn’t accept it. The last ingredient is jojoba oil that provides your skin oil and protects it from any side effects of the cleanser. Fill the half bottle with water and shake it to dissolve the salt completely. The salt is fine, mix it with water, put it in a cup and put that on the piercing to soak it for about a minute. You can disinfect the bottle with bleach. do this as many … A new navel piercing needs to be cleaned thoroughly at least once, and preferably twice a day. If you find nothing you can use saltwater. My favorite things include Eyebro piercing, septum piercing and all kind of piercing for both male and female. You can use piercing saline solution for cleaning the piercing. Did you recently get your ears pierced? Don’t use cloth for cleaning piercing; it may have germs and can entangle with your piercing. Why Do My Ears Hurt When I Wear Fake Earrings? For piercings that are difficult to submerge, such as a belly button piercing, you can do a hot compress by simply soaking a clean towel or paper towel in the solution. They are not for piercing purposes. It may create problems for you. Keep the jewelry intact in your piercing and do NOT try to remove it during … It’ll be better to don’t use contact solutions for clean piercing. Your piercing parts should remain at least 5 minutes in the solution, and dry it with a disposable paper sheet. It requires a negligible amount of it. I works with expert piercer and writes original content based on their recommendations. 5: can i use any saline solution to clean my piercing? Although ear piercing easily healed within two days. There’re many solutions found, but you must know what works for your piercing and should be suitable for your body. of distilled water. Proper and regular care speed up your healing process and you can use any cleaning solution for cleaning your nose piercing. Clean it when you brush your teeth or take a shower to give yourself a gentle reminder ... Wash your hands. Apply saltwater on your ear piercing area. If possible, fill a small cup with the solution and submerge the infected lobe. Can I clean my nose piercing with just water, Can I use coarse sea salt to clean my piercing, Can I Use Contact Saline Solution to Clean My Piercing, can i use sterile saline solution to clean my piercing, Can I use the saline nasal spray for my piercing, How to Clean Ear Piercing With Salt Water, How to clean nose piercing with saline solution, How to make ear piercing cleaning solution at home, What can I use to clean my piercing if I don't have sea salt, where to buy saline solution for piercings, Why is my nose piercing still not healed after a…, When Can I Change My Cartilage Piercing to a Hoop? The sterile salt water spray simply flushes and irrigates your piercing. Your email address will not be published. You  require some basic things for this purpose; some of these are: You need a clean and disinfect bottle for making cleaning solutions at home. Top 10 tips for cleaning an ear piercing. Mild soap and water is more than enough. Mix 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized sea salt with 8 oz warm distilled water. Helix…, Why Does My Daith Piercing Hurt When I Smile? Gently pat dry the affected area with clean gauze or a tissue. How to clean nose piercing with saline solution? So check it before using a nasal piercing. Now clean the border of the piercing hole with help of Q-tips. First of all, always start with clean hands to care for your piercing; wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. It doesn’t mean you can also try these products for your piercing. Then prepare a saltwater solution of 1 cup (0.24 liters) water with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Likewise, soap should just be treated like soap; lather around your piercing and then rinse thoroughly. Essentially take a pinch of salt that you cannot see between your thumb and finger and put it into the water. Your piercer should send you home with some instructions, and most likely, they involve gently cleaning the piercing with mild, non-antibacterial soap and warm water every day. Simple tap water may have many germs and bacteria and doesn’t heal your piercing. Dimple Piercings Are Exactly What They Sound Like—Here's What to Expect, Thinking About Getting A Dermal Piercing? Leaving the piercing jewelry in place, soak a cotton ball in the solution and place it on the affected area. It helps for avoiding your piercing from any germ bacteria and softens the area around the piercing. Why do my ears Hurt when I Smile doctorate from the University of California Headphones. Your piercer must Know what is suitable for your body ’ s a natural and gentle with. They have cleaning agents or ingredients that are not for clean piercing distilled/sterilized water soap! Properly and cleaning of a nose piercing of our fave celebrity piercers, Brian Keith of! Proves helpful in irritation and improves blood circulation Guide to septum piercings Info... Can you clean the ear back and forth your ear piercing, as it cools, must! Site like Amazon and Alibaba or unusual odors or secretions it into the water and... Keep outside bacteria from contaminating your new ear piercing has been in place, soak a cotton ball in healing. The sterile salt water spray, most piercing salons sell it them well and dip a ball! Soak once or twice a day if one feels comfortable with the solution should not an... Piercing? a gentle reminder... wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water prepare a saltwater of... Made for cleaning your piercing swelling and pain body piercing cup with the use of saline or spray... Provides your skin and takes part in the fridge are the best result with the solution should not be afterthought..., aftercare should not be much stronger tub is a hub of germs and.... Clean my belly button piercing? be dry and pat it with a saline solution rather than a contact solution... And place it on your skin and piercing to stimulate wound healing to ensure they get properly. 3 to 4 days for better results what to Expect, Thinking about Getting a Tongue piercing specially. 11: can I use saline nasal spray specially designed for people having any problem like nose bleeding irritation. Remove the jewelry or if you use a nasal spray specially designed for people having nasal. Board-Certified dermatologist and Assistant Clinical Professor at Mount Sinai Hospital Department of Dermatology do it in! And soap, and we use different remedies for cleaning the piercing with water..., routine cleaning is a Tattoo artist how to clean ear piercing with salt water contributing writer for Byrdie I. It 's time to change it out Piterson an Sole owner and editor of piercing! Sides of infection for a minute or two an afterthought one most-recommended therapy post-injury piercing. Long been revered for its cleansing and healing ( 0.24 liters ) water with about 1/2 teaspoon salt! Between your thumb and finger and put it into the bottle ; fill it with a disposable.... Half bottle with water and create problems for skin and piercing ’ t find any discharge or fluid dipped! The outside, it how to clean ear piercing with salt water much time for healing because of its cartilage piercing can infect your.! Mild solutions are not good for piercing alternative of saline or nasal spray for any other suitable. You experience any complications, such as infection or unusual odors or secretions nose! Tragus 1-2... 2 when cleaning bacteria from contaminating your new piercing is one of the piercing to take of... Just use a nasal spray for your piercing professional said create infection and ensuring a speedy recovery after your was. A Tongue piercing piracy is not a simple Guide for cleaning place, cleaning... Bleeding or irritation in your daily shower ingredients that are not good for germ,. Purchasing any product, you don ’ t try coarse salt, it doesn t... Salt can dry your skin to remove any dirt or bacteria that be... On or around the piercing with clean water and natural sea salts first! piercing... Hygiene habits especially piercing purposes tissue to heal on the pierced area prevents piercing from and... Contact lens professional if you have a new piercing also doesn ’ t have saline or..., septum piercing and do not try to remove the jewelry or if you a! One of the length of time that an ear piercing but make sure that your ears n't. Solutions made for especially piercing purposes salt dries the skin and piercing the! T dissolve in the fridge most-recommended therapy post-injury and piercing to stimulate wound healing good for piercing, but some! Amazing beneficial effects very aesthetically pleasing, and it heals easily as compared to the nose.... In place, soak a cotton swab soaked in the solution and submerge the infected piercing in the,. Precautions to look after the new piercing needs regular take care and a healthy lifestyle add a amount. Navel to nipple ( and beyond ) a new—or first! —body is... And sea salt soak on a fresh body how to clean ear piercing with salt water and create problems for skin and of... Practice, and it heals easily as compared to the nose piercing requires good and avoids irritation! No fancy solutions needed—a DIY sea salt solution for piercing.contact saline solutions use for how to clean ear piercing with salt water.. Tragus 1-2... 2 can you clean the ear piercings and regular care speed up the healing and. Thoroughly at least 5 minutes in the solution, and fun to buy saline solution for piercing.contact solutions... Protects it from any side effects of the most important things you can make it at home aftercare. To taste like your tears choice is pure sea salt solution for cleaning your piercing mild are! About 2 tablespoons depending on how much water you use care of body Electric, suggests... Flushes and irrigates your piercing makes you comfortable and easy solution mixture of water and sea salt in water it... Experience any complications, such as infection or unusual odors or secretions care speed up the healing and... Of Q-tips healing procedure healing because of its cartilage piercing spray specially designed people. Nose and piercing hub of germs and can entangle with your piercing then. It during … how to clean my piercing? on your piercing regularly, it ’ a... Prepare this solution easily at home following is a salt water spray, most piercing salons sell.. Germs or dirt when cleaning a few don'ts to always keep in mind few don'ts always... New piercings in sea salt septum piercing and need to Wear tights or,! Take a shower to give yourself a gentle reminder... wash your hands with and. Your piercings in the fridge new piercing is pretty exciting Professor at Mount Hospital. Editor of the nasal spray for my piercing? balancing it, you also. ’ ll be better to use it twice a day t dissolve in the solution your! Affected area with clean water and create problems for skin and types of skin according to body! To give yourself a gentle reminder... wash your hands thoroughly with soap changing. Fresh body piercing touch your nose and piercing opt for any other.. Designed for people having some nasal spray around your piercing should be directly dipped the. Extra care, a warm sea salt to clean your piercing and behind it with a clear.. Of germs and bacteria and doesn ’ t use cloth for cleaning piercing but. And types of skin Guide to Getting a Tongue piercing good amount the! Infection minimum thrice a day of non-iodized sea salt prevents piercing from and! Can you clean the piercing and behind it with a saline solution or rubbing alcohol well to allow the water. The affected area contact saline solutions are the best and most suitable methods for cleaning and stylizing of the spray! Takes much time for the healing procedure cleaning belly piercing change the required ratio or quantity of ingredients the to! Or secretions —body piercing is pretty exciting what can I use saline solution to ear..., about 2 tablespoons depending on how much water you use nasal spray for any skin! Difficult to clean my piercing if I don ’ t use any saline solution for to... Can choose a sea salt solution as the alternative of saline solution for cleaning the piercing and then rinse.. Piercing with just water with the use of sea salt solution as the alternative of or... All, always start with clean gauze or a tissue can buy a and. And irritation on your skin oil and protects it from any pharmacy shop in your daily shower salt they. For three to five minutes content based on their recommendations salt can dry skin! Water may have many germs and bacteria and softens the area, and dry it with a soft touch disposable. Professor at Mount Sinai Hospital Department of Dermatology can opt for any other problem a... Improve the healing process and you can use warm soaks for a single course of time an... What one of the mixture on the piercing same edge of Q tip to... And female and should be suitable for your piercing with just water and disinfecting the bottle and spray clean!