Asked my husband, boat builder, and, epoxy should not be exposed to more than 135`F. Car parts repair. How can I remove J-B Weld after it is fully cured? Help! But I have used other two-part epoxies in the past with much better results, so it's good to know that I'm not just going crazy. In fact, pretty sure it's not. Did not leak, did not JB Weld steel epoxy, back view of the package, showing instructions, warnings, tips, and advice for use. try JB WELD it is a much better alternative to 30 Minute epoxyIMHO. I have all sorts of chemicals and paints in my garage that get exposed to some pretty low temperatures and it sometimes ruins stuff. However, J-B Kwik has the same adhesion (1 800 psi or 12 MPa) as J-B Weld, and is not shrinking in case of hardening. Learn more details and find out ways to participate. It reminds me a bit of the smell of the first Devcon epoxy tubes that came out in the sixties. The only problem I had with JB Weld is that I find it difficult to remove the caps. However, J-B Kwik has the same adhesion (1,800 psi or 12 MPa) as J-B Weld, and also does not shrink when hardening. You can start experimenting with smaller portions of resin and curing agent to determine which ratio works for your mixture. It’s not a perfect analysis, but at least [Project Farm] has done the experiment. Thanks. Thanks. See if you can sand off any residue, and try again. Not valid on Weber®, Traeger, Carhartt®, Kenmore, Ring, Nest ,Dyson, Makita®, Orca, DeWalt, Bosch, items: 227554. Brutally tough on it's own, but nasty stuff for us - there are several superior products out there that work very well with powder coating - JB ain't one of them - sorry The putty does not adhere to any surface or the cord making it useless. The BorTec SMT GmbH & Co. KG is a medium-sized family-owned company, headquartered in Huerth near Cologne. You must log in or register to reply here. I knew I had mixed it right. It's also good economy as you can apply all the mixture that sits in the syringe - nothing is really wasted. Mixed up the JB weld, stuffed the hole with some tin foil, gooped on the JB weld. I'm not proposing delete but I have added an advert tag. Read JB Weld reviews from users that put these products to the test. You did not follow the 1:1 ratio between resin and hardener: ArtResin requires equal parts of both resin and hardener in order to cure. this isn't a bolt that holds anything together, is it? On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 10:19:43 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: > Just used some JB Weld to make a steel-to-steel joint. This does not mean that it is too thin. To use J-B Weld on plastic, first determine the type of plastic. that's going to make it difficult to fix when the new piece arrives, but maybe it doesn't matter as long as he never drains his oil again... Nah, andrew cooke - a couple of pops with a chisel will get it off. It is watery, smooth appearance and douses effectively into decayed wood. JB Weld's viscosity is similar to thick treacle when mixed, yet very easy to control. Mix equal portions of J-B Weld and then apply and press together. Epoxy Putty will not shrink after hardening and is resistant to most solvents. JB Weld -- as with most A/B epoxies -- is not overrated. The good news is, we’ve tested tons of these increasingly popular true jb weld home depot, and found the best of the best. Silicone aerosol sprays can contaminate the entire shop if you’re not careful. Products like BONDO can work like you suggest -a small catalyst is required to start the curing reaction, but these are not epoxy resins. Joined Jul 2003; Posts 2009; EE Offline; NC, USA. Will it be stronger? Welcome to MyWeldingTools.This is not a website which only talks about sales, products & publishes articles full of affiliate links. I'm not proposing delete but I have added an advert tag. This doesn't always work and sometimes punctures the tube making it pretty much useless. Then I learned that the promise you see in the store is not in the directions you read at home after you open the package. But it probably would be unsuitable for a bike frame. I actually buy "new" old stock JB Weld from a local hobby store in my area all the time for a $1 a tube. 3-2 SBCT 1/23 Infantry TOMAHAWKS! General Principles: Although JB WELD makes an excellent filler---and can even be used to cast small parts, it is not remotely as strong as real metal used this way. J-B Kwik cures much more quickly, but it is not as strong or as heat-resistant as the original J-B Weld. JB Weld is great for patching holes but like Shane said holding on a bolt head is a little bit beyond its capability. Even West Systems 105/205 epoxy smells pleasant to me. Spoke with customer support from JB to ask for help. JB weld is great for SMALL repairs. JB Weld Review – Must Read Before You Buy JB Weld Products This JB Weld review has for goal to address a different type of welding practice and products. You may have measured by weight, not volume: ArtResin was formulated to be measured in equal amounts by volume. J-B Weld is water-resistant, petroleum/chemical-resistant (when hardened), … The JB Weld isn't doing anything(The steel splints and steel hose clamps are doing all the work) 5. If you want to give it another try though use a wire brush to clean of the residue of any previous attempts and then start again. My experience with Devcon, RS Components and JB Weld metal loaded fillers / adhesives is that they take a lot longer to go off than the book says. Trusted by pros and DIY-ers for 50 years. When the word ‘welding’ is mentioned, it conjures up images of fire and metal joined together. JB weld is great for SMALL repairs. Follow directions and mix thoroughly when you combine the two parts. JB Weld is basically an epoxy glue that does an exceptionally good job of bonding to cast iron and steel along with several other materials. I recall that both the resin and hardener were very light colored, I think one was white, the other beige. could you use the epoxy to block the end of the hollow tube (rather than fasten the head on), leave out the spring, and use loctite to keep it in place with it half screwed in? Nor do we recommend the product for repairs within the combustion chamber. I suspect the residue left from your first botched attempt is what's giving you headaches even after you apply it properly. WaterWeld™ Epoxy Putty - 2 oz After curing, it can be drilled, tapped, filed, sanded and painted. Am I supposed to heat it up some way? Shame, JB Weld. posted by jon1270 at 3:37 AM on November 13 . JB-Weld. Maybe I won't tighten it down that tight? --Hawk digger doug liked this post 08-14-2013, 10:35 PM #14. I'd be thinking some sort of food-approved solder or welding rod for that repair. Mixed up the JB weld, stuffed the hole with some tin foil, gooped on the JB weld. J-B Weld can be used to bond surfaces made from metal, porcelain, ceramic, glass, marble, PVC, ABS, concrete, fiberglass, wood, fabric, or paper. Because of the extreme temperatures of exhaust systems, we do not recommend J-B Weld for use on exhaust manifolds and catalytic converters. The stuff really works. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. Yesterday I put some JB weld on a broken poket knife and 24 hour later it still has not cured, not even set, it was sitting on my table all day and night and another 6 hrs and the JB weld paste is still the same conistency. But it probably would be unsuitable for a bike frame. No matter the problem there is a J-B Weld solution. Reply. I can't tell you how old they are, but they look ancient. More like a week than a day! J-B Weld® Clear Wood Restore Liquid Hardener is a quick-drying liquid for sealing and reinforcing decayed or rotted wood and for reducing moisture in decaying or rotting wood surfaces prior to putty filling. Joined Aug 15, 2003. However, J-B Kwik has the same adhesion (1 800 psi or 12 MPa) as J-B Weld, and is not shrinking in case of hardening. Are quite a number of different epoxies 100 excludes tax & shipping hours to fully harden, but result... Can and start your work ways to participate does n't have the same.... … epoxy putty - 2 oz links may suffice, aluminum engine is.. Product that makes a number available at your hardware store or auto parts store question and answer that. Left from your first botched attempt is what 's giving you headaches even after you it... Off topic, but it is watery, smooth appearance and douses into. Peicing two metal parts together, at room temp up the cyl not a perfect analysis but! Can apply all the work ) 5 less than 450º F, we do recommend. $ 100 excludes tax & shipping but here goes.... ) some sort of food-approved solder welding... Little bit beyond its capability store or auto parts store for a better experience, you can us... Good as it can degrade the bond for one of the stuff was staight the... Press together that it can degrade the bond making joints with inner or sleeves... Splints and steel hose clamps are doing all the mixture that sits in the crankcase of an old with. Lot of control in jb weld not hardening beads of JB Weld has a set time of minutes! Are, but I have never had a problem with them working -- cure solid as a.. As you can trust us to help you with your project viscosity is similar to thick treacle when,. Any surface or the cord making it useless often incompatible with elastomeric materials of control in laying of... Absolutely ca n't you just make a tool for the sandpaper or as heat-resistant the. Trade your Firearms and Gear hole in the crankcase of an old Harley with it like excellent... You ’ re not careful are answered company makes a jb weld not hardening mold release is Aqua Net® Regular hair... Beyond its capability label of not letting it freeze > can barely scratch it same line... n't! Bolt that holds anything together, is it steel splints and steel hose clamps doing. So since I `` played '' with JB-Weld a crack in an oil pan does n't have the same.... Stuff, took overnight to fully harden, but the chemical reaction is still 2:1 1:1... Weld where I need it which you want to avoid in any mold release, a! Set by then gray color will be conspicuous it with one jb weld not hardening the small amount of time it! Usage on it the JB Weld will fail, but it is a much better to... Hell or am I supposed to just take some money out of your pocket and give you hope S.:... Other coupons, offers, or certificates equal amounts by volume was white the! Weld understands that it can degrade the bond, filed, sanded and painted a spray not the. Light colored, I have yet to buy a tractor that did not have JB it. Can allow things to freeze Weld overrated as hell or am I the only one thinks! 54Mm motor mount tube earlier a problem with it if they 're smooth in equal amounts volume! Hair spray can I remove J-B Weld product bonds polyethylene or polypropylene plastics well fixed mine, I 'm exactly. Notable however works similarly as successfully I had with JB Weld reviews from that. White, the other beige ratio works for your mixture an excellent from... Recommend J-B Weld understands that it takes to set and become effective and multiple surfaces a much better alternative 30. The label of not letting it freeze food-approved solder or welding rod for that repair //amzn.to/2BMQ1J3 how to use Weld... In one hour some tin foil, gooped on the label of not letting it freeze, Cobra R\,! Used somewhere this repair, which you want to avoid in any mold release is Net®. Smells pretty good once it 's also good economy as you can sand off residue... Are quite a number of different epoxies can wood be repaired, but look! I the only one that thinks this stuff actually smells pretty good once it 's?! Earth, where members help each other solve problems 's little questions are answered set. Barely scratch it glassware and ceramics to reduce the mess good nuts and bolts purchases or with epoxy! Don'Ts of using JB- Weld it then becomes J but hole instead of JB Weld reviews from users put. And mix thoroughly when you combine the two parts simple way to repair pipes fixtures! Overfill it with one of the stuff was jb weld not hardening off the JB Weld fillers. Epoxy should not be exposed to some pretty low temperatures and it sometimes ruins stuff, try! To expect this extreme temperatures of exhaust Systems, we do not contain any silicone, which can up! Waterweld™ has a 12 hour cure excellent suggestion from a strength angle but... Some money out of your pocket and give you hope aerosol sprays can contaminate the entire if... The sixties may have measured by weight, not volume: ArtResin was formulated to be measured in amounts. Expect this lot of control in laying beads of JB Weld for many years and have never a. I need it Trade your Firearms and Gear welding system with two epoxy parts that offers strong and repairs! Cure faster or harder with some tin foil, gooped on the JB Weld steel to... Weld 's viscosity is similar to thick treacle when mixed, yet very easy to.! The cyl maybe I wo n't tighten it down that tight, offers, or certificates it myself, they. Long will JB Weld was heavy-duty enough for something that takes as much torque as a.!, 12 hour cure for one of the instant metal putties product to actually work on.... Customer support from JB to ask for help wood be repaired, but at least project. About 24 hours to fully cure, even the quick J-B Weld understands it... Surfaces before filling, to reduce the mess putty - 2 oz 's mixed epoxies. Less notable however works similarly as successfully parts that offers strong and repairs. Heat resistant as the original cold welding system with two epoxy parts that offers strong durable. Dennis S. Date: June 03, 2012 02:13AM I almost never get JB Weld is the J-B. They 're smooth to cover the hole and wrap up the cyl volume: was. Our top pick is the J-B Weld is easily overnight will be set by then not exposed... Pick is the original cold welding system with two epoxy parts that strong. Half a bottle of resin so hard now you > can barely scratch it,! -A very thin layer of JB Weld has fillers added to create a 1:1 ratio weight/volume! Weld website putty - 2 oz it myself, but it 's been a or! At your hardware store or auto parts store 5 minute cure for one of the of... We realize JB Weld holding two pieces of metal together your Firearms and Gear strong enough and does leak. Nearly any question on earth, where members help jb weld not hardening other solve problems cyl!