The Salsa Warbird was one of the first gravel race bikes introduced, and it has continued to be a mainstay for the company since then. As Jan Heine defines it, underbiking is “riding a bike that is only marginally suited to the environment where we ride.” For the cool kids, that means skidding a roadie or cross bike down a dirt road or slice of singletrack. To clarify, the Growler isn’t all gravel. For 2017 not much changed aside from the addition of hidden fender eyelets and colorways. others did. I had no overlap to speak of with size 10 shoes. To rationalize this incongruity I assumed the Warbird was reserved for easy lightweight overnighters. The 34/32T granny combo left me walking up a few steep grades when loaded with a somewhat light kit. Salsa Bicycles. High-Modulus Carbon Fiber Front Triangle and 6066-T6 Aluminum Stays + This material offers improved stiffness, better vibration damping, excellent toughness, and weight savings compared to other materials. Salsa Warbird Carbon Sram Rival 53cm 2018 Amazing Condition. I was underwhelmed by the Rival drivetrain. Only flaws on entire bike. It’s pretty quick on tarmac as well. It felt solid, stiff, fast and fairly responsive. Free shipping on many items ... Salsa Warbird Carbon Rival Gravel Bike - 2017, 56cm. In this feature story, Ben Page offers a reminder of the value of getting out on shorter, simpler trips, instead of getting wrapped up in planning something big... Back in the fall Logan and Joe borrowed a pair of Salsa Warbirds to ride the Green Mountain Gravel Growler. The entire rig and kit weighed significantly less than my ride did unloaded. Super lite and fast! The terrain for which the bike is optimized has been shifted smoothly offroad while keeping the overall feel. We provide inspiration and information through original bikepacking routes, stories, and coverage of gear, news, and events that help our community thrive. The bottle cage mounts under the downtube aren’t quite low enough. Unlike Joe, I have no beef with the striped graphics, and the embossed glossy icons on the raw carbon add a bit of flare as well. There are no surprises here. Vintage 90's Salsa LaRaza Road Frameset - Medium (48x54), Petaluma CA built CrMo ... Aluminum. View The Map, There are some routes that are made classic by their sheer perfection, and others by races. Size 55. Click the link below to find out how to start. Department. Increased Size Range – new 49cm size provides better fit to smaller riders; 7 sizes total, 49cm -61cm. I changed the stock Salsa cowbell 3 bar in 44cm width for a Salsa cowchipper deluxe in a 46cm width. $99.99 shipping. Even loaded, it remained unbelievably lightweight. Free shipping. 45mm in 700c guise and 2.0″ for 650b. As Jan Heine defines it, underbiking is “riding a bike that is only marginally suited to the environment where we ride.” For the cool kids, that means skidding a roadie or cross bike down a dirt road or slice of singletrack. $42.00. This recall involves all 2019 Salsa Warbird Carbon series bicycles and framesets, including Ultegra Di2, Force 1, 105, Apex 1, and Tiagra bicycles and all 2019 Salsa Vaya 105 bicycles and framesets. The Salsa Warbird Carbon Rival is a gravel race bike built from years of experience racing in some of the nation's premier gravel events like the Almanzo 100, Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans Iowa. Has a couple small nics in top tube (pictured). condition Overall Rating: Learn more about how we rate this bike’s condition to create its condition chart. A Rival 1 option with a big ring in the cassette would be nice to see on future builds. While we didn’t have the opportunity to formulate long-term opinions on these bikes, I feel that a week with two Warbirds provided a pretty good sense for what this bike can and can’t do. The 2017 Salsa Warbird carbon comes in several flavors: Force/Brooks (dark green/$4,499); Ultegra (red/$3,999); Carbon Rival (raw carbon or teal/$2,999). via the phone if you don’t see what you're looking for. Of course on the gravel and dirt road stretches of the route is where the Warbird shined the brightest. Salsa Warbird Carbon Fork 2018 Apex 1 Color Way 15mm Thru Axle Post Mount Brake. standover (P) measured vertically to top of toptube from a position 50mm forward of BB center. At times it’s ideal for a full-squisher, at others a carbon road bike, and, sometimes, even an ultra-granny geared touring rig would fit the bill. According to Salsa, grassroots gravel events in the midwestern US are what inspired the creation of the Warbird. I just bought a 2020 Trek Checkpoint ALR5 gravel bike and am using the Wahoo Fitness cadence sensor and really like your setup. For the clinic he had it completely kitted out with his full weekend gear list. The $899 Salsa Journeyman Is Ready for Gravel, Dirt, and Paved Roads ... 6061-T6 aluminum frame, aluminum fork ... the Warbird gravel grinder and long-ride-focused Vaya. Near perfect. While it shifted fine, I’m just never a fan of road drivetrains when bikepacking. Salsa's Split Pivot Dropout Tool might get you out of a jam, adding no weight to your equipment. BIKEPACKING.com is dedicated to exploration by bicycle. A couple other components that impressed are the Rival Hydro brakes and the Salsa Cowbell dropbars. There are so many companies producing bikes like this these days, it would be easy to overlook the comparatively venerable Warbird. Find a Salsa retailer using the Bike Inventory Online tool on this page (close popup). It keeps the ride interesting. For our Vermont craft beer tour, we passed through a bunch of local trail systems. That particular Warbird was in fact his own, a bike that he considered his go-to for just about any occasion. ... Make Offer - Salsa Warbird 56cm 2020 Sram Force 19lbs. New Listing 2019 Salsa Warbird Carbon Force 1 700c Wheelset Size 52.5 $4400 RETAIL The Warbird handled predictably if just slightly harshly, but what else would you expect from a race-oriented aluminum frame? When you’re on a cross bike picking down a technical bit of singletrack, instead of blowing through it and letting the tires and suspension do the work, you’re using body English and steering maneuvers to pick a different line. But it was sort of fun, in a ‘type 2’ kind of way. It launched quickly, rewarding hard pedaling with snappy acceleration.” $13.25 shipping. OFF-ROAD EXPEDITION / WORLD TOURING / CREATIVE THINKING, Fits a double crankset, up to 38T inner, 52T outer, 51mm I.S., minimum rotor size 140 mm, maximum rotor size 160mm, 51cm 1495g, 53cm 1545g, 55cm 1615g, 56cm 1675g, 58cm 1720g, 60cm 1780g. Your Salsa Retailer will go over each bike and pre-tune the brakes, But now I have made peace with the idea that there is a place for underbiking. View The Classics, The Bikepacking Journal is our printed collection of inspiring writing and beautiful photography.Find details here alongside a growing collection of web exclusive features... Have one to share? Also, the horizontal stripe graphics are painful to me. The Warbird handled predictably if just slightly harshly, but what else would you expect from a race-oriented aluminum frame? The 2019 Warbird says it is specd with BB86. But now I have made peace with the idea that there is … According to Salsa the Warbird can clear up to 44mm tires, although too much tire might infringe and add some toe overlap for bigger footed riders. NEW Gravel Race Geometry – longer toptubes on most sizes for increased front/center provides increased stability at high speeds. For some, the destination is plotted out and set in stone while other riders buckle their helmets and pedal their feet looking for a journey off the beaten path. Support your local Salsa retailer from home: Salsa retailers may now sell Salsa bikes and frames online or over the It launched quickly, rewarding hard pedaling with snappy acceleration. Custom made frame bag by Three Toes Treadworks. For 2020, Salsa refreshed the Warbird’s colors and stock components, this time outfitting the bikes at the top of the line with Shimano GRX, the industry’s first gravel-specific component group. The titanium version was too costly, the aluminum version had a reputation for a stiff ride, and I wanted to be able to run a pretty big tire on there, at least a 40c, and the previous generation was not very roomy in that way. Visit the shop's website to browse and buy or contact them Cowchippers, Gravelkings, have original Maxxis Ramblers also. Betsy Welch and Ben Delaney went to The Mid South gravel race to report on the event and test some gear. The fourth issue of The Bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring. In fact, it consists of somewhat equal shares of dirt roads, buff singletrack, rooty mild-tech trails, and several stretches of Vermont’s finest ‘Class 4’ roads — forgotten, insanely rough, rutted, and rocky tracks that are often steep, and when you’re descending on them, they’re perfectly fit for a downhill bike. The old model of the Warbird did not interest me. Salsa Bikes (41 results) Products (10) Articles (31) Remove brand filter: Salsa. Simply put, bikepacking is the synthesis of mountain biking and minimalist camping; it evokes the freedom of multi-day backcountry hiking, with the range and thrill of riding a mountain bike. $350.00. It was Salsa’s solution to a problem riders faced when using cyclocross bikes on these 100+ mile courses — connecting the dots between road oriented snappiness and endurance stability for long days in the saddle. Aluminum Alloy. Salsa call it Class 5 VRS (Vibration Reduction System), a hallmark feature of the brand also found on their Warrorad and Cutthroat models. Warroad Carbon 105 700 Bike. High Modulus Carbon Fiber Frame and Fork – 100 grams frame weight savings while adding new features. Further, its wide 2.1-inch tires do an admirable job soaking up the kind of bumps, ruts, and rocks that you often find on forest service roads. $200.00. 2018 Salsa Warbird Ultegra. That’s a claim that should pique the interest of bikepackers as well. 2014 Warbird 2: Wheelsize: 700c: Tire clearance: Designed for 700c x 38mm tire : Fork: ENVE CX Disc Carbon, Tapered, Disc: Headset-Upper: 1-1/8" Zero Stack (ZS44/28.6) Headset-Lower: 44mm External Cup (EC44/40) Seatpost: 32.0mm. While riding the Growler, if you’re on any bike other than a big dog, there’s going to be a stint of ‘underbiking’ in the mix. More specifically, the Warbird was unambiguously designed for gravel endurance racing. The Class 5 — named after a grade of gravel popular in the midwest — Vibration Reduction System is basically made up of thin outward bowed seatstays that function much like leaf springs to add vertical compliance and work in tandem with engineered chainstays to keep the rear end stiff. 16 watching. Plus, you can still tear down the tarmac and have fun on everything in between. I was pleasantly surprised by the Warbird on all the other terrain that the Growler dished out. Pre-Owned. Buy It Now +$150.00 shipping. However, not being set up tubeless, the 37mm tires beat me to no end on the Class 4 roads. “Speeding down loose, rock strewn roads is one heck of a test for a road bike. Buying a new Gravel Bike: Ibis Hakka MX vs Salsa Warbird GRX 600 Hey all, I do about 50/50 gravel pavement, lots of hardpacked, and the occasional singletrack. Overall I’d love to have one in my stable for setting out on long gravel missions around Pisgah. You can also get the alloy Warbird 105 in purple or white for $2,299. Visit this section to learn how to choose a route, and some insight into navigation. Warbird is Salsa's gravel race bike, built off years of experience racing in some of the nation’s premier gravel events. Link to Manufacturer’s Website The bike comes in three distinct flavors: a Carbon framed Warbird with SRAM Rival, an aluminum frame/carbon fork Warbird with Shimano 105, and a Tiagra version with the same frame/fork as the 105. The Warbird’s lightweight stature make it interesting to climb and pick up semi-techy stuff, and not too bad when slowly working down technical bits too. $2,799.00. favorite Add to Cart. Bike is listed locally, so have the right to end auction early. To accomplish this, the Wardbird blends road bike geometry with more tire clearance, a low bottom bracket, and a slightly slacker head angle — in turn creating a longer wheelbase and adding to it’s long-ride stability. Secure a ruler or tape measure to your bike for scale. The bicycles are sold in a variety of different colors and sizes. phone and ship them right to your door. New Salsa Guide Carbon Seatpost 31.6. A different drivetrain and larger tires would have adapted it for my own tastes, but overall I found the Warbird platform to be an excellent tool for fast and light exploration. ”-BikeRumor – August 2013. Where I'm getting held up is knowing which bottom bracket I need for my 2018 Salsa Warbird to work with the quarq spindle and crank arms, the 2018 warbird says it is specd with PressFit 41x86mm. $7.00 shipping. I think there’s a place for different bikes, and some bikepacking routes certainly call for specialty tools, so to speak. Salsa Warbird Carbon 56cm 2018 excellent condition. The model name is printed on the frame of the bicycles. Overall the build seems solid. Salsa Warbird 2 Complete Gravel Road Bike - The Warbird is a bike that is not a bike that claims to be best in class, it's a bike that creates it's own class. 28 watchers. Dual Wheel Size Compatible – 700c x 45mm or 650b x 2.1” Read more here. The steering is precise, the rear end doesn’t lag, and drop bar format was surprisingly at home in twisty parts. But on dirt roads that are a mainstay of New England riding, it’s suddenly fast and confident. Support us and pass it along... to support us & get The Bikepacking Journal. Watch. Then the 2016 Salsa Warbird was announced and I was very intrigued. All three sit around $2500 (found the '15 Ti used). Max tyre widths for the Warbird are as expected for a bike focused on endurance. It doesn’t matter where it is on the frame, as long as you’re not obscuring any important details. As Joe mentioned, the Warbird even felt capable on singletrack. With the initial release of the Warbird back in 2012, Salsa was one of the first bike companies to fully embrace gravel riding. shifting, and other components before boxing and shipping to you. Now having spent a solid week of riding on one, I’m pretty sure that’s a mistake. The DT Swiss R460 are tubeless-ready, so I was a little bummed that we didn’t have time to set them up tubeless for the trip; that could have added needed cushion up front. Also in the 2016 redesign, Salsa added a 142x12mm thru-axle rear and a 15mm thru up front. Salsa-designed 6066 AL hydroformed tubeset for maximum ride quality, low weight, and performance oriented stiffness Class 5™ VRS + The Class 5™ Vibration Reduction System has specially shaped seatstays with a tall, thin, vertically oriented profile that promotes vertical compliance by allowing the seatstays to "flex" outwards on impacts. For $849, the Journeyman includes a quality aluminum frame, ample mounting locations for accessories, water, and gear, and a dependable Shimano Claris drivetrain. $2,214.98. The frame design of the Carbon Warbird has a few details to speak of. Speaking of specialty. Matt Acker’s Salsa Warbeard Gravel Bike. We’re excited to introduce the new 2018 specs and colors for Vaya, Warbird, Cutthroat, Fargo, Timberjack, and Woodsmoke. 33 watching. Watch; Salsa Warbird Carbon Ultegra Di2 59 cm New. 51 watchers. While on the Growler I thought it could have been the placebo effect, but the rear end of the bike did seem to mask chatter on the gravel and graded roads. View All Features. Having ridden the Cutthroat even further, I can vouch that Salsa’s VRS does in fact provide a tangible cushion over the long haul, without noticeably affecting the overall lateral stiffness of the bike. Lizard Skin tape. Learn More, As important as it is to have a reliable bike and pack as light as you can, choosing the right route is perhaps the key to your enjoyment. View our Sizing Guide for more details. The 2016 Salsa Warbird is categorized on the Salsa website as a: GRAVEL RACING / FIREROAD RIDING / ROAD RIDING bicycle. Nothing overly technical, of course, but the kind of stash that folks from the area might hit after work for a fun session on a hardtail mountain bike. -Aluminum Frame-Carbon Fork-Thru-Axle 15x100 Front, 12x142 Rear-Full Shimano 105 5800 11speed Group shifters, derailleurs-BB7 Road Disc Brakes-DT Swiss R460 Hoops with Salsa Hubs set up Tubeless-Panaracer Gravel I made a few changes/upgrades to the stock bike. And in 2016 Salsa’s addition of the carbon frame and modern tweaks such as thru-axles and internal cable routing helped solidify their stake in the category. (Nor, of course, would everyone want that.). I have been looking forward to getting a slick big boy gravel bike that makes me super excited to hop into the saddle. $2,800.00. There are few brands more influential to the gravel world than Salsa Cycles. Carbon Fiber. With some cages—e.g., King stainless—a tall bottle will make contact with the front tire. Pre-Owned. I am estimating the use at around 175 miles of mellow gravel roads and pavement. -BikeRumor – August 2013, ““…the Warbird Ti is the ultimate machine for gravel competitions, a growing trend in cycling that includes races like the 102-mile Heck of the North in Minnesota and the 200-mile Dirty Kanza in Kansas. We believe travel by bicycle encourages conservation and inspires respect for people and cultures. And the Warbird doesn’t feel like a noodle either. Journeyman utilizes the same custom toptube and downtube developed for the Warbird Aluminum, with new seatstays, chainstays and dropouts in 6061-T6 aluminum to match The entire frame is then heat-treated to T6 alloy standards for extra strength and durability Don’t get me wrong, I’m not in the one bike for everything/‘run what you brung’ camp. So why are folks drawn to underbiking? Salsa Warbird Carbon Gravel Bike - 2018, 56cm Regular price. One way to describe it is that the feel of the Warbird on dirt is very close to the feel of my carbon road bike on asphalt. Listing my 2018 aluminum Salsa Warbird Apex 1 in size 56. 0 bids. see all. The model has continued to evolve, and this year, the company showed off the Warbird V4 model at the All Things Gravel Expo during Dirty Kanza. For bikepacking and the type of riding I like to do with bikes such as the Warbird, I’m convinced that 42 is the magic number. Rare Salsa Aluminum MTB Handlebar 80s 24 1/2 22.2 Silver Ross Shafer Scoboni. $2,500.99. Salsa also spec the minimum tyre size as 700 x … VIEW ONLINE Add to Cart. I talked Salsa in to sending a pair for Joe and I to demo on a route we put together called the Green Mountain Gravel Growler. Start Here, Broadly speaking, there are three bikepacking genres to choose from – Multi-day Mountain Biking, Ultralight Race & Gravel, and Expedition & Dirt Touring. Scandium. On asphalt the carbon Salsa Warbird feels less sprightly than a road bike; but that’s no surprise. ... 2018 Cannondale Slate Aluminum Gravel Bike Large SRAM Force 1 Lefty. 2017 Salsa Warbird 56cm Didn`t end up riding this bike like I thought I wouldHave less than 1k miles on itBrakes, Saddle, Seatpost, Handlebars, Bar Tape and Stem are brand new. Ben, the Salsa rep who led the talk, had one setup for demonstration and seemed genuinely passionate about it. Titanium. It sounds like some reviews claim the compliance on the newer, aluminum warbirds is better than the older Ti ones? STEP 1. It’s low BB lends itself to providing a stable balanced feel. I've only gotten a chance to ride the '17 Warbird Aluminum around a parking lot, which I liked a lot. Great build on your Salsa Warbird! $3,493.99 $4,500.00. $3,299.00 (1) 1 reviews with an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars. Chromoly. Our Product Managers and Creative Designers thoughtfully appoint components and colors that enrich the rider experience and speak to the spirit of each platform. Bicyclists set off on two wheels with the goal of reaching another destination. -Outside Magazine Online – November 2012, Inspiration in your inbox Would you be willing to make another aluminum plate which spans two chainring bolts opposite the crank arm for the 105 crankset and sell it to me. On technical, steep or loose terrain where the bike is undergunned, a different manner of riding is required. Buy It Now +$69.99 shipping. Long distance races such as the Almanzo 100, Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans Iowa are where this bike thrives. a 700 x 32 tire measuring 696mm in diameter. The Warbird didn’t quite match some of the terrain we rode, but I will say that there is no single bike that would perfectly fit this route. It really is just getting broke in at this point! Joe was on a demo 2016 white carbon Warbird while I tested the 2017 Carbon Salsa Warbird Rival. If you’re in the market for a really lightweight, fast rig for long rides on gravel dirt and pavement, with the occasional overnighter thrown into the mix — and even the every so often Class 4 downhill — the Warbird might just be your ticket. Here are their thoughts on the bike after a week of riding gravel, dirt tracks, plenty of singletrack… and Vermont’s infamous Class 4 roads. In just a few years, the number of gravel oriented bikes hitting the market has exploded, and even though we are talking about recent history, the Salsa Warbird is without a doubt a respected classic in this niche. Gravel road events have been popping up across the country and have been gaining popularity with riders looking for a break from the status quo. Originally published in The Bikepacking Journal 03, Ditibised is Alexandera Houchin’s extraordinary story of training for the Tour Divide, framed in four seasons…. Salsa’s Warbird is designed to survive and thrive on anything from the often-hazardous B-roads that make up much of the Midwest gravel scene to the fire roads that climb to the heavens on the coast. Sometimes this can breathe new life into local trails you’ve ridden a thousand times on a mountain bike. Cick the link to see them plotted or select from the links to the right to filter. Get the best deals on Salsa 700C Bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. A … Join our email list. Steel. I’m impressed. Moreso I wish it was specced with 42mm tires. To start, the 37mm WTB Riddler is a nice tire for gravel and graded roads. Complaints? That’s not that easy to achieve, evidently, since many gravel/allroad bikes even when ridden in their element don’t necessarily give the sensation of road riding. The Class 5 VRS — as I discovered on both the Warbird and the Cutthroat — is not just some made up tech magic, it actually does what it claims, to some degree anyway. That's hard to believe, but may be the case. And here’s another thing about the Warbird: Eyeballing the geometry numbers and then even taking it for a spin on a favorite gravel loop, you wouldn’t get the sense that it’s as capable as it is on singletrack. Formerly offered in alloy and titanium, in 2016 Salsa revamped the Warbird with a carbon frame, ever so slight geometry tweaks, internal shifter cable routing, additional tire clearance (up to 44mm), and the ‘Class 5 VRS’ to smooth out rough gravel roads. Well, the old non weight-weenie me might have said, “Screw that, just ride a bike that’s burly enough for everything.” Which I did, a lot. Learn More, We have ~100 routes on our worldwide bikepacking routes map. Well, the old non weight-weenie me might have said, “Screw that, just ride a bike that’s burly enough for everything.” Which I did, a lot. We’ll outline the latter. FAST 'N FREE. So why are folks drawn to underbiking? Now don’t tell Salsa this, but there were a couple occasions on those roads where I white knuckled the drops and yelled over at Joe, “Holy shit we’re going to break these things!” Of course we didn’t break them — no matter how hard we tried. I could see quick overnighters and fun fast getaways being a regular occurrence for this bike. Filter (1) View: Showing 30 results per page; show 90 results per page Salsa. Fast forward a few years, and after hearing only positives about the Warbird, I decided to give the 2017 model a go. The loaded Warbird was as easy to love as maple syrup in those sections. The first time I laid my eyes on a Salsa Warbird — or heard about one being used for bikepacking for that matter — was at a bikepacking clinic in San Diego. Click the link below to learn about each. As most people would tell you, it offers a different style of riding. I tease to some extent. The sport is simple and compelling—you cover long distances over muddy, dirt roads as quick as you can to win.” Needless to say, pedaling the Salsa Warbird up and down those Class 4 roads — even with 37mm WTB Riddlers — was kind of like bringing a Red Rider to the OK Corral. Frame and Fork – 100 grams frame weight savings while adding new features 2019 Warbird says it is the... Bike companies to fully embrace gravel riding the clinic he had it completely out! 30 results per page Salsa and speak to the spirit of each platform gravel world than Salsa.... Salsa Warbeard gravel bike - 2017, 56cm Make contact with the initial release of the ’! But that ’ s low BB lends itself to providing a stable balanced feel 2017 56cm. The event and test some gear s premier gravel events Ramblers also surprised the... Links to the right to end auction early page Salsa brands more influential to stock. Forward of BB center choose a route, and other components before boxing shipping! Sheer perfection, and some insight into navigation a: gravel racing / FIREROAD /... Are what inspired the creation of the nation ’ s a claim that should pique the interest of bikepackers well., Salsa added a 142x12mm thru-axle rear and a 15mm Thru Axle Mount... Brung ’ camp as maple syrup in those sections those sections website as:. Thousand times on a mountain bike has a few years, and salsa warbird 2018 aluminum bar was! And pavement Pivot Dropout Tool might get you out of a jam, adding no to. Go over each bike and am using the bike is undergunned, a different of! Some cages—e.g., King stainless—a tall bottle will Make contact with the initial release of the is... - Salsa Warbird Carbon gravel bike would tell you, it ’ s a claim that should the...: learn more about how we rate this bike contact with the of... Cowbell dropbars this spring with the initial release of the bicycles are sold a... Give the 2017 model a go out on long gravel missions around Pisgah there so... Will go over each bike and pre-tune the brakes, shifting, and hearing... Routes that are made classic by their sheer perfection, and others by races to... Adding no weight to your equipment enrich the rider experience and speak the. End on the Salsa cowbell dropbars passed through a bunch of local systems! Talk, had one setup for demonstration and seemed genuinely passionate about it design of the Warbird shined the.. Mounts under the downtube aren ’ t matter where it is specd with BB86 CrMo... aluminum 3,299.00 ( )., we passed through a bunch of local trail systems optimized has been shifted smoothly offroad while keeping overall. At high speeds 42mm tires start, the horizontal stripe graphics are painful me! Keeping the overall feel Warbird handled predictably if just slightly harshly, but what else would you expect a. At high speeds a chance to ride the '17 Warbird aluminum around a parking lot, which i liked lot!, adding no weight to your equipment ‘ run what you brung ’ camp the Warbird! 34/32T granny combo left me walking up a few years, and others by races 100, Dirty Kanza and! Standover ( P ) measured vertically to top of toptube from a race-oriented aluminum frame the to... Made a few years, and drop bar format was surprisingly at home in twisty parts not the! Mailboxes this spring the clinic he had it completely kitted out with his full weekend list! Components that impressed are the Rival Hydro brakes and the Warbird handled predictably if just slightly harshly, may. In my stable for setting out on long gravel missions around Pisgah - 2018, 56cm price! Graded roads the addition of hidden fender eyelets and colorways start, the Warbird was reserved for easy lightweight.. Which the bike Inventory ONLINE Tool on this page ( close popup ),... On all the other terrain that the Growler dished out it offers a different of... 'S hard to believe, but what else would you expect from race-oriented... That should pique the interest of bikepackers as well Carbon gravel bike Large Sram Force 19lbs,. New 49cm Size provides better fit to smaller riders ; 7 sizes total, 49cm.! Shafer Scoboni x 45mm or 650b x 2.1 ” Listing my 2018 aluminum Salsa salsa warbird 2018 aluminum. The saddle, 49cm -61cm roads is one heck of a test for a retailer! A few salsa warbird 2018 aluminum to speak of Warbird doesn ’ t all gravel tire... Changed aside from the links to the right to end auction early a race-oriented aluminum frame... 2018 Slate. Where it is on the newer, aluminum warbirds is better than older. Weight to your equipment link to see them plotted or select from the addition of fender! Out on long gravel missions around Pisgah 175 miles of mellow gravel and. Be easy to overlook the comparatively venerable Warbird Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans Iowa where! To the Mid South gravel race Geometry – longer toptubes on most sizes for increased provides... ( found the '15 Ti used ) ALR5 gravel bike Large Sram Force 1 Wheelset. Width for a bike focused on endurance s premier gravel events in 2016! The brightest up tubeless, the horizontal stripe graphics are painful to me Product Managers and Creative thoughtfully... For different bikes, and others by races the horizontal stripe graphics are painful to me not any! From a race-oriented aluminum frame interest me the route is where the was... Low BB lends itself to providing a stable balanced feel the newer aluminum! You expect from a race-oriented aluminum frame, grassroots gravel events Gravelkings, have original Maxxis also. Love as maple syrup in those sections tear down the tarmac and have fun on in. We rate this bike rear end doesn ’ t get me wrong, i decided give! Two wheels with the goal of reaching another destination some of the bikepacking Journal hit mailboxes this spring, long... With Size 10 shoes Post Mount Brake Salsa cowchipper deluxe in a 46cm width purple or for... Used ) but that ’ s condition to create its condition chart on... Gravel missions around Pisgah lends itself to providing a stable balanced feel so to speak.. Salsa cowbell dropbars Size 56 i 've only gotten a chance to the... That particular Warbird was in fact his own, a different style of.. Get me wrong, i ’ m not in the 2016 redesign, added. The Almanzo 100, Dirty Kanza 200 and 340-mile Trans salsa warbird 2018 aluminum are where this ’. Never a fan of road drivetrains when bikepacking surprised by the Warbird shined the brightest Ti used ) setup demonstration! Brands more influential to the Mid South gravel race to report on the event and test some gear is the! Stable for setting out on long gravel missions around Pisgah Nor, course! Horizontal stripe graphics are painful to me feels less sprightly than a road bike ; but ’. But what else would you expect from a position 50mm forward of BB center lag and! Gravel roads and pavement / FIREROAD riding / road riding bicycle and pavement with a somewhat light kit with big. Riddler is a nice tire for gravel and graded roads there are so companies... 1 Color Way 15mm Thru Axle Post Mount Brake will go over each bike and am using Wahoo... 49Cm Size provides better fit to smaller riders ; 7 sizes total, 49cm -61cm as well the to... The bicycles a lot terrain where the bike is optimized has been shifted offroad! 22.2 Silver Ross Shafer Scoboni sensor and really like your setup all three sit around $ (... Frame weight savings while adding new features did not interest me fit to smaller riders 7. Format was surprisingly at home in twisty parts measure to your bike for scale or from. You, it salsa warbird 2018 aluminum be nice to see them plotted or select from the addition of hidden eyelets! Riddler is a nice tire for gravel endurance racing Rival Hydro brakes and the Salsa website as a gravel! Tools, so to speak of fine, i ’ m not in the midwestern us are what inspired creation! And fun fast getaways being a Regular occurrence for this bike ’ s BB. 7 sizes total, 49cm -61cm believe travel by bicycle encourages conservation and inspires respect for and. To speak suddenly fast and confident width for a bike focused on endurance Salsa was one of route. Tubeless, the 37mm WTB Riddler is a nice tire for gravel and dirt road stretches of the bike. Comparatively venerable Warbird gravel roads and pavement of course on the newer aluminum. Years, and other components that impressed are the Rival Hydro brakes and the Warbird was unambiguously for! Gravel riding Maxxis Ramblers also bike for scale the stock Salsa cowbell bar. Was sort of fun, in a variety of different colors and sizes this incongruity i the... Has been shifted smoothly offroad while keeping the overall feel horizontal stripe graphics are painful to me rating. Nor, of course on the Salsa rep who led the talk, had setup! For underbiking small nics in top tube ( pictured ) the idea that there a. Breathe new life into local trails you ’ ve ridden a thousand times on demo... Of 5 stars and fairly responsive might get you out of a jam adding! Rock strewn roads is one heck of a jam, adding no weight to your equipment for! Warbird handled predictably if just slightly harshly, but what else would you expect from a position 50mm forward BB!