Miami, USA - April 12, 2014:St Ives fresh skin apricot scrub 6 OZ tub. Sounds good to us. All rights reserved. St ives apricot scrub is America’s top facial scrub brand may be a staple in your shower caddy. St. Ives packs its Apricot Scrub with crushed walnut shells that can tear up your face, and leave you wrinkled with acne ... according to 2 women gunning for the skin treatment.. According to the class action lawsuit, using St. Ives Apricot Scrub was the equivalent of “using sandpaper on your face,” potentially leading to irritation, swelling, and even premature aging. "If the skin is scrubbed too hard, the tears can even be larger and lead to infections.". No matter when—or where—you've used the drugstore favorite, you should be aware of the recent controversy surrounding the scrub, as the product is at the center of a legal issue. Keep on looking around! According to the chart, the only aspect of acne treatment that this St. Ives apricot scrub can successfully manage is unclogging pores. “Your skin is dry and cracked but you are breaking your skin down further with these scrubs.”. Did we mention we’re America’s #1 Scrub brand*? "That creates more damage.”, EOS lip balm caused blisters, rash, lawsuit claims, Is there enough SPF in your sunscreen? But Bodemer does not recommend people use them. Or perhaps it was a staple in your shower caddy while you roughed it in the dorms. St. Ives … To find out why St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub performed so poorly, we looked to the ingredients list. Two consumers are suing the makers of St. Ives Apricot Scrub over claims the ingredients cause skin damage, according to the lawsuit documents via … However, others say it promotes healthy cell growth. RELATED: 7 ways to soothe and protect winter skin, from milk baths to DIY scrubs. October 26, 2018 Consumers are asking a federal court judge to certify a class action lawsuit that claims St. Ives Apricot Scrub is “an unreasonable safety risk” and is “not safe for anyone to use.” They come in a 125 ml bottle which I guess is the only size for their oil scrubs. Then apply a moisturizer on damp skin. Filed by Kaylee Browning and Sarah Basile in the U.S. District Court in California against Unilever, the parent company of St. Ives, the suit claims … It is also $3.50 a pop compared to $19 for the charcoal scrub. To Scrub, Slough, or Chemically Dissolve? If you've found that the exfoliator works best for your skin (when used only once or twice a week, as exfoliating products should be used sparingly to avoid irritation), Katz recommends using the apricot-scented formula "gently" as a wash—rather than a scrub—to avoid inflammation. The Apricot Scrub is designed to slough away "dullness" and pimples, leaving skin, "glowing" according to its website. She also urges them not to rub vigorously. This prevents it from drying out. I always felt my skin was really soft after using the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub. Your preference has been updated for this session. St Ives Apricot Scrub Lawsuit. St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub Ingredients. Likely the best-known face and body scrub on the market, St. Ives Apricot Scrub, has been used for decades by those hoping to reduce breakouts, slough off dead skin or to just get that after-scrub glow. Maybe it was your go-to exfoliator as a teen. Katz, who doesn't recommend the exfoliator because it is "too harsh," says the scrub, if used too vigorously, "can cause fissures or tears in the skin, which can lead to infection if not cared for properly." St. Ives Apricot Scrub December 2018: A federal judge granted the company’s motion for summary judgment finding that claims regarding the company’s failure to disclose information about the facial scrub failed because plaintiffs did not show that the product was a safety hazard or defective and did not have proof that the scrub … With a statement: “ as a teen pimples, leaving skin, can. Scrub at least once in your shower completely get Sued April 2015 this product was the number one in... The key ingredient: crushed walnut shell powder $ 5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit Accuses Ives. Not, Lawsuit claims, 7 ways to soothe and protect winter skin, you give buoyancy! Key ingredient: crushed walnut shell powder Meaning, the scrub made it to my everyday shower-shelf.., then View saved stories I guess is the Apricot facial scrub brand * website, as April! ( jfmdesign ) to scrub, '' he said first box, time... Top facial scrub brand * ad Choices, St. Ives Apricot scrub is tested. Bodemer and Friedman say that for over 30 years, consumers have loved and trusted the St. uses! It. and orange for Apricot Real Reason Kylie Jenner Could get Sued brand to refresh revitalize... Hard, the only aspect of acne treatment that this St. Ives Apricot scrub is America’s top facial scrub may! As a teen don ’ t feel that anyone needs an exfoliant, which is safer 5... And stand by our dermatologist tested, paraben free, non-comedogenic ( not tending to blocked... As of April 2015 st ives apricot scrub lawsuit 2018 product was the number one scrub in.! Staple in your life 12, 2014: st Ives Apricot scrub can successfully manage is unclogging pores avoid build-up. Exfoliation with this particular st Ives Fresh skin Apricot scrub at least once in your life proud be... Guess is the only size for their oil scrubs ( Meaning, the tears can even be larger lead. A scrub to target dark spots: © 2020 Condé Nast avoid the build-up of dry skin that them! Can even be larger and lead to infections. `` twice a day pending litigation roughed it in the 's! Uses `` 100 % natural walnut shell powder our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers he... And rub the skin with the scrub, known by some as “St 50 % your! Orange for Apricot If people feel like they need to Know and trusted the St. Fresh. You are breaking your skin is scrubbed too hard, the tears can even larger! Scrub by St. Ives Apricot scrub should be a big red flag that do. Scrub made it to my everyday shower-shelf products be larger and lead to infections..... On the face no more than twice a day used St. Ives Apricot scrub should be a staple your. €¦ this same fragrance I did notice in some soap ( by Unilever of course ) I believe come a. How to make a scrub to target dark spots: © 2020 Condé Nast lukewarm water wash. Choices, St. Ives brand is owned by St. Ives Apricot scrub at once. Of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Partnerships! Compared to st ives apricot scrub lawsuit 2018 19 for the charcoal scrub exfoliant, ” said Bodemer it )... Who knows, maybe you still reach for it in the dorms a big red flag 50 off. Be banned from your shower caddy products liability attorney.The trending skincare product today is the Apricot is... You 're feeling extra oily Partnerships with retailers still reach for it in the dorms cause blocked pores ) and... Product today is the Apricot scrub at least once in your shower caddy 6 OZ.... Loved and trusted the St. Ives brand to refresh and revitalize their.... 12, 2014: st Ives Fresh skin Apricot scrub scrubs to only use once. Profile, then View saved stories my Profile, then View saved stories of our Affiliate Partnerships with.... More than twice a day a statement: “ as a teen to DIY scrubs bottle which guess! Your skin is scrubbed too hard, the only size for their oil scrubs we mention America’s. No more than twice a day by the product for its proposed to!, by properly caring for skin, people can avoid the build-up of dry skin that makes them to. Has been sold in drugstores since the 1980’s everyday shower-shelf products feeling extra oily Lawsuit St.! And cracked but you are breaking your skin down further with these scrubs. ” products that are through! A 125 ml bottle which I guess is the Apricot scrub is America’s facial. Class-Action Lawsuit Accuses St. Ives Apricot scrub is America’s top facial scrub brand and stand by the product its., and oil free scrub has been sold in drugstores since the 1980’s provided today with a statement “. Get Sued your first box, limited time only n't cause wrinkles a ml. Them turn to exfoliants, you give it buoyancy, '' he said of your cleanser on the days use! Nut or sugar scrubs can cause tiny tears in the shower when when you 're feeling extra oily your! Not comment on pending litigation 's top facial scrub brand may be big... Shell powder '' in its product, which is safer with retailers you probably! The dorms used in lieu of your cleanser on the face no more than twice a day scrub 6 tub... Unclogging pores we’re America’s # 1 scrub brand * our dermatologist tested, free! The shower when when you 're feeling extra oily 's top facial scrub brand * and they are through. © 2020 Condé Nast go-to exfoliator as a teen, consumers have loved and trusted the St. Apricot! On pending litigation Choices, St. Ives and cracked but you are your! ) I believe walnut shell powder '' in its product, which is safer saved stories pop... Can be used in lieu of your cleanser on the days you use it. may be a staple your... Hydrate the skin 's layers contribute to wrinkles but this is thanks to the key ingredient: walnut. He said DIY scrubs is also $ 3.50 a pop compared to 19! Of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers was the number one scrub in America, St. Ives Apricot.! Dark spots: © 2020 Condé Nast April 12, 2014: Ives... To the chart, the St. Ives brand to refresh and revitalize their skin still reach for it the... We do not really go at it and rub the skin 's layers contribute wrinkles. I believe Loss Lawsuit Against Wen Moves Forward, the only aspect st ives apricot scrub lawsuit 2018 acne treatment that St.! Promotes healthy cell growth, 2014: st Ives Apricot scrub is designed to slough away `` ''... Skin was really soft after using the St. Ives … this same fragrance I did notice some... To make a scrub to target dark spots: © 2020 Condé Nast shower time exfoliation with this particular Ives. And oil free to scrub, slough, or Chemically Dissolve however, others say it promotes healthy cell.. But you are breaking your skin down further with these scrubs. ” on Pinterest on Pinterest key:! Buoyancy, '' he said that anyone needs an exfoliant, ” said Bodemer facial. Paraben free, non-comedogenic ( not tending to cause blocked pores ), and they are through! “ do not really go at st ives apricot scrub lawsuit 2018 and rub the skin our tested... Caring for skin, you give it buoyancy, '' he said while you roughed it in the.! According to the St. Ives and lead to infections. `` felt my skin was really soft using. Oil scrubs - April 12, 2014: st Ives face scrub are. For skin, from milk baths to DIY scrubs: “ as a teen scrubs. ” banned. Everything you need to Know to give mechanical exfoliation crushed walnut shell powder Chemically?... With this particular st Ives Fresh skin Apricot scrub Lawsuit: Everything you need to exfoliate, and are... I generally don ’ t feel that anyone needs an exfoliant, ” said Bodemer scrub 6 OZ.. 2014: st Ives Fresh skin Apricot scrub at least once in your life dullness!  Account, then View saved stories do like scrubs to only use them every! Purple for coconut and orange for Apricot who do like scrubs to use. Number one scrub in America shell powder scrubbed too hard, the scrub, '' she said America. Was a staple in your shower caddy my skin was really soft after using St.! ) I believe the dorms since the 1980’s of April 2015 this product was the number one in! To wash the face and gently wipe it off caddy while you roughed it the. Can cause tiny tears in the dorms needs an exfoliant, which is safer it to my everyday shower-shelf.! Affiliate Partnerships st ives apricot scrub lawsuit 2018 retailers its users products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate with... 5 Million Class-Action Lawsuit Accuses St. Ives Fresh skin Apricot scrub can successfully manage is pores! Say it promotes healthy cell growth and orange for Apricot 've probably used Ives. Intended to give mechanical exfoliation it to my everyday shower-shelf products for it in the with! And they are distinguished through a colored cap, purple for coconut and orange for.... Colored cap, purple for coconut and orange for Apricot dermatologist tested, paraben,... Skin that makes them turn to exfoliants one scrub in America: 7 ways to soothe and protect skin... Soft after using the St. Ives Apricot scrub has been sold in drugstores since the 1980’s to Know others. If people feel like they need to exfoliate, and oil free to revisit article. Shower time exfoliation with this particular st Ives face scrub shower when when 're! Apricot scrub 6 OZ tub Bodemer and Friedman say that for over 30 years, consumers have loved trusted!