Jack Turner October 22nd 2020 8:56 am Here's a possible quick fix: In the address bar in Chrome type the following chrome://flags In the search bar at the top type "quic". 221 Followers. It tells me to keep my device plugged into the computer during installation. But recently I switched to a faster 25x processor. Software Issues that can slow your computer down. Whenever you point out a location or a route, or even load a particular area of the map regularly, it records your actions so as to provide a better prediction the next time you access that particular app. If the problem isn’t resolved, then move on to the next step. …And You Have Way to Many Tabs Open at Once. Once Windows updates are fully installed, restart your computer again to make sure the updates have fully installed. I went through different steps to get the speed restored. Run a Speed Test. GE became unbearably slow. My work colleagues have similar specs and never notice any issues. Hopefully, this last option has resolved your issue with Google Maps running slow on your mobile device. Both machines have Windows 7 64-bit installed on them. The Google Maps App is dependent on the Google Play Services app. When you activate Lite mode, Google will automatically disable several features which users have reported can be a serious drain on the reliability of the app. 1. Restarted. If you’re still seeing delays with Google Maps, there could be an issue with your DirectX driver. Clear Your Favorites. It works fine on my Moto G6, which is near-stock Android, but it's chunky AF on my S7. Having hundreds of favorites may impact the loading speed of Edge. Relaunch the Google Maps app on your phone and test it. Today’s Question & Answer session comes to us courtesy of SuperUser—a subdivision of Stack Exchange, a community-driven grouping of Q&A web sites. To make sure this isn’t an issue in your case, go through the steps to get the latest Windows Updates and update your browser as well. My work colleagues have similar specs and never notice any issues. To further adjust, improvise, and improve the accuracy of the location, you should consider calibrating the Maps compass. Google maps feeling slow. The new version of Google Maps is great, but what do you do when it works smoothly for everyone else yet it is unbearably slow on your own computers? Make Google Maps load faster. Fix Google Chrome Slow Page Loading Issue. This will help in the process of determining why Desktop is being slow. Other options are to use Google public DNS or assign static IP address for your computer. If you’re finding that Google Maps is running slow on your desktop browser, there could be a whole other range of problems. Has your installation of Google Chrome begun to feel slow and bloated? Embedding maps Sending a location to your car Viewing My Maps in Google Maps Reporting a map data problem in Google Maps Admittedly, some of those features are pretty important, but if speed is a primary concern, then shifting into Lite Mode is a valid option. She has been quoted as an authoritative source by ZDNet Worldwide. Why Is Google Maps So Slow – Fix Google Maps Lag. If upgrading Google Maps to the latest version or clearing the data cache didn’t work, there is a last resort you can try. INSTAGRAM. Tricks. I heard there were two ways to speed up maps: 1) turn off traffic, which significantly slowed things down. Launch the Google Store app on your phone and search for Google Maps. If you aren’t running the latest version, you’ll see the Update button on the left. There are issues, as Beryl describes, with the icon disappearing when Google Earth updates. My computer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix it? Hopefully, running Google Maps in lite mode on your browser will resolve any issues you were having with it running slowly. And I noticed that contrary to what many people think, the formulas are executed in the cloud. Other times it could be an outdated DirectX driver. My problem: Typing on the Google Maps app was very slow, independent of network connection.. My solution: Apparently there are issues with the GPS multitasking.I went to Settings > General > Location Services. Malware and spyware installed on your computer also tend to enable a proxy server on your computer so that they can capture all of your internet traffic. Since we launched in 2006, our articles have been read more than 1 billion times. Enter your contact information and then push Confirm my call. Don't put up with a slow PC - follow our simple guide to speeding up a slow-running computer or sluggish laptop. The last issue could be that the latest app just doesn’t work well on your device (especially if it’s older). On the App info screen, tap the three dots at the upper right corner of the screen. Tricks. I got used to checking the directions on my computer 2 seconds before leaving home or office… Now I have to wait 2 hours… The new version of Google Maps is so slow that I actually feel older when it finally loads. Have you ever found yourself driving along letting Google Maps navigate for you, but all it does is keep twirling in circles or taking forever to update? If all else fails, your system may not meet the minimum requirements to run the latest version of Google Maps online. 1 comment. For Google Chrome (version 36), try this (no guarantees about older/newer versions): Open Google Chrome and click on the Control Button-> Settings. Now I tested on my computer, which has a Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz and although Google Maps is acceptable in Firefox, there often are noticeable little jumps between frames in Street View while Chrome is silky smooth. Want to read more answers from other tech-savvy Stack Exchange users? Abhey Jagga-March 7, 2020 0. Both machines are Windows 7 64 Bit. So one of the first things to try, before getting into the marginal gains of formula optimization, is reduce the size of your Google Sheet. Follow our simple guide to easily create an easy to remember yet secure Password. However, I only had 1 tab and that was it. She has previously written under the pen name "Asian Angel" and was a Lifehacker intern before joining How-To Geek/LifeSavvy Media. In order to fix the problem, I had to address both of them. It's totally fine in Chrome. In this case, you need sign out your Google account and try to use Google Maps again. 4. Don’t just do a restart. It's very light and it's the only antivirus/cleaner with a 99.99% detection rate; it's also a PC booster so your computer will be running faster than normal. Whenever you point out a location or a route, or even load a particular area of the map regularly, it records your actions so as to provide a better prediction the next time you access that particular app. Apps using the GPS have a purple arrow next to the ON/OFF switch. 2) switch from vector maps to satellite maps. Reinstalled the latest Driveguard.exe. When you experience Google maps slow loading or not working, it is most likely due to the firmware. @thepandahacks. I had the same problem. Part 2: 6 solutions to fix Google Maps not working on Android 2.1 One click to fix firmware issues that resulted in Google Maps. Blank cells slow down performance, dramatically so in fact. However, the underlying causes are often similar. It may be related to hardware acceleration issues. Before deleting the favorites, you can export them in HTML file so that you can import back after checking. Archived. It works, but works EXTREMELY slow, so slow that if it has about 40+ it can take around 1 minute to load the map and if it's more locations than that on a page it just get stuck and does not load the map. So I'm setting up a dynamic Google map on all of the pages on the site to show the locations you can see on every page to help users understand the locations. How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. A site can be running fine and still be slow for somes users, this is NOT an issue with the website in question, its an issue with your ISP or the net connection between your computer and the server hosting the website in connection. This can resolve issues if you’re using an older device that doesn’t work well with older OS versions. Basically, Google Maps is extremely slow and clunky to use (if I can actually call it using) on my iMac. Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect and fix the slow performance issue in Windows 10. 221 Followers. Apparently the map tiles of the vector maps require costly rendering for display, but the satellite maps just required a … The telsa maps are based on google maps. If google maps loads slowly here are a few things you can try. It actually works “kind of OK” in Internet Explorer 11. (Unless you're using Google Maps for mobile, which doesn't have a Lite Mode.) Once it’s cleared, relaunch the Google Maps app and see if the slowness issue is resolved. In Chrome, each tab opens in its own process on your PC. It takes such a long time to load it's crazy. ThePandaHacks is your source for technology, gadgets, tricks and hacks. Hi, from the first run of windows 10 on my pc, i have issues with google chrome. The next step is to clear all of the stored data in your Google Maps app. Why is the New Google Maps Unbearably Slow on My Computer? But, of course, each open tab uses up some resources, and when you have a lot of tabs open at once, it can slow things down. Now my computer has been crashing a bit and runs very slow. I have isolated the cause in my case to allowing Google Calendar to send you notifications in Windows 10. I've tried several fixes to no avail: - changing the search engine in Safari preferences - disabling all of my extensions - disabling all of my plugins - turning off "Include search engine suggestions" - setting my DNS to OpenDNS & Google's DNS Notice you can toggle the GPS for each app. RELATED: Why is the New Google Maps Unbearably Slow on My Computer? I uninstalled HP 3D Driveguard. Alternatively, you can directly access Settings by typing chrome://settings/ in Google Chrome’s address bar. Abhey Jagga-March 7, 2020 0. Follow. So delete all your favorites and check the speed is better. My Google Chrome has suddenly become extremely slow, I mean slow to the point of being unusable. You jumped online to Google something real quick, but before you know it, you’ve got everything from The New York Times to cost comparisons of J.Crew cardigan sweaters open in various tabs. Anybody else have this problem, is there a fix for it? Follow. Pictures can be deceiving, so before you book a hotel that looks nice, check it out on Google Maps first. Restart Your Computer. Buying in-store doesn't mean you have to pay higher prices. It can be possible that the firmware went wrong and … Posted by. Google maps on my PC browser has been going really slow lately. This is a good thing, because it keeps those tabs isolated from one another. ABOUT US. This usually helps the slowness issue considerably. ABOUT US. All Rights Reserved. If your computer has been running for some time, it’s worth doing a restart to see if it resolves the issue with Google Maps running slowly in your browser. Your mouse feels like it’s dragging itself through molasses. It goes without saying that restarting your computer usually fixes 99% of problems like this. Here are some tips to help you speed things up again. Google Maps not working properly: Sometimes, this error occurs due to problem with our Google account. On 7 was fast and work perfectly but on 10 is a mess. Google Maps requires the latest version of DirectX on your system. To make sure you’re running Google Maps lite, visit the Google Maps lite link. One of the best ways to speed up your Google Drive upload is to determine why it’s slow in the first place. You might also have an overloaded Google Maps data cache, which causes the app to take longer to determine if it needs to search for new data. Google Maps is a great web mapping service, but users reported occasional problems with the app on their PC. If I switch back to the classic version of Google Maps, then everything is fine. Join 350,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, comics, trivia, reviews, and more. This is because it clears out your browser cache, your PC cache, and temporary files. If you’re wondering why Google Maps is so slow to tell you where to go, don’t give up on it just yet. I'm getting only 1/10 the speed on Google speedtest, as speedtest.net. A crash in one tab is not likely to bring down your whole browser. Disabling my extensions has zero effect (I do not have plugins installed on Firefox since I mostly use Chrome). 5 reasons Norton protection doesn’t slow down your computer it often takes 5-10 seconds for it to load the location requested. Tag: why is google maps so slow on my computer. I can utilise Safari which is better but it's not ideal having to swap between browsers just to utilise Google Maps. This in turn should fix the slow Google Maps issues as well. My work colleagues have similar specs and never notice any issues. If you use your computer frequently, consider not turning it off or having your computer enter hibernation mode when pressing the power button, rather than shutting down completely. The first thing you should check is whether your connection as a whole is slow or if it really is only affecting website traffic. THANKS Various ways to fix Google Maps problem on Windows 10 Procedure 1: Sign … Actually, shut your computer completely down, and wait about 30 seconds before turning it back on. When you activate Lite mode, Google will automatically disable several features which users have reported can be a serious drain on the reliability of the app. I, too, started experiencing Chrome being slow, terrible lag between typing an input and seeing the letters, and right-click menus taking a long time to load or not at all. So it cannot be a video card. Running the new version in Incognito mode has no effect. Going to google and searching is faster, but often Safari hangs after I type in "google.com". Old habits die hard. Both machines are windows 7 64 bit. Try launching Google Maps in your browser again to see if the issue with slowness has resolved. So if you haven’t done this yet, just go back to the section above and walk through the steps to download and install Windows Updates. In this case, rolling back the installed version of Google Maps can help. What I always loved about Google Maps was that it was so fast. This has been as ongoing issue for months now. But that leaves us no choice but to present a numbered list. This link includes a “&force=lite” parameter at the end which forces Google Maps to open in lite mode. Select Uninstall updates from the dropdown menu. Turn off Data Saver. To do this, open your phone’s Settings menu, and tap Apps or Application manager, depending on your device. Google Chrome is undoubtedly the popular browser with more than 60% of the internet users using it for day to day browsing. This will clear all stored data, including settings and stored locations. The new version of Google Maps is unbearably slow for me; both at home and in work. Doesn't seem to do it in IE. Well, I tried doing a Yahoo search and it does the same thing, so it's not just Google. I'm running OS X 10.8.2 with Firefox 18.0.1 browser. Tag: why is google maps so slow on my computer. Here's how to speed it up. I went through different steps to get the speed restored. 3. This will ensure network connections time out, and when you restart your computer everything will be connecting and launching from a fresh start. My browser I'm using is Chrome. The sluggishness is in both Chrome and Firefox. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Checkout our website for latest trends & cool internet stuff ! It takes such a long time to load it's crazy. The cpu was running 100% and I couldn’t figure out why, so I consulted the task manager to see 5 instances of chrome running. If you’re wondering why Google Maps is so slow to tell you where to go, don’t give up on it just yet. Way to many items in your startup. Sure, there are plenty of Google Maps alternatives, but they’re rarely as accurate or filled with as many features as Google Maps offers. But sometimes hardware acceleration can bring about unexpected issues. In this video, I will show you guys how to fix google chrome slow download speed. So long as the program still works, I would just recreate the shortcut. Viewing Google Maps, or trying to download email attachments from GMail have become ridiculously slow? @thepandahacks. The Google Maps App is dependent on the Google Play Services app. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see the. INSTAGRAM. 1 year ago. Select, If you don’t have the latest updates, you’ll see. I had a slow computer for a long time so I practically developed all the tips I read here. This will open the Settings Page. Your Hard Drive is too slow or is dying. junk. However, despite the fact that I can download data at 30 MBPS, after 13 hours it's stuck on "estimated time remaining: 1 hour 33 minutes". Discover the world with Google Maps. its so stupid still in myu country sale 4ram laptops and google desided to be a platform eating everything how not be slow . Google maps on my PC browser has been going really slow lately. Google Maps is frequently updated, and often those updates require the latest browser or Microsoft security updates. Close. 3. To update the app, just tap the Update button and wait for the Google Store app to download and install the latest version. google maps slow | Why is google running so slow on my computer? After I calibrated, maps filled in quickly. In the Google Maps app, search for a location, like a hotel you're considering staying at. Now switching to … Your Google Sheets will get slower as they get larger. From a MacRumors.com forum post:. Google Maps problem with Chrome: Many users have reported that they are facing problems with Google Maps in Chrome. Thank you so much!!!! Try rolling back Google Maps updates. Akemi Iwaya has been part of the How-To Geek/LifeSavvy Media team since 2009. This will reset the app back to the state when you first installed it. This is what I tried. At the bottom of the screen, tap Clear data on the bottom left side of the display. Uninstalled GE. Select the Maps app. Why is google map so slow. Though built for safety and fast browsing experience, Chrome also has problems like slow page loading and slower performance when switching the tabs. Here are some common problems that users noticed: Google Maps not working with Chrome – Many users reported that Google Maps isn’t working properly in Chrome. In the most cases, it will speed things up. Anybody else have this problem, is there a fix for it? I have my work segmented into chapters so there is no document too long to exceed the grasp of Google Docs, so that wasn’t the issue. Internet explorer 8 for yahoo is slow as shit! Disable startup programs. Here’s the scenario: Your computer is running slow. u/barkafas2. On the App info screen, tap Storage from the list of options under Usage. Once all updates are completed, reboot your computer. Checkout our website for latest trends & cool internet stuff ! Why your Google Maps isn't working, and how to fix it Your app may not be working properly because of a poor Wi-Fi connection, a miscalibration, or an out-of-date software. I have tried everything I can think of: uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, disabled hardware acceleration, tried incognito mode, created a new user profile and nothing works. Terms of use it ’ s computers a purple arrow next to the when! Try first is making sure you ’ re running Google Maps online Procedure 1: sign turn. Apps or Application manager, depending on where you ’ re still seeing delays with Google for. Each app extensions has zero effect ( I do, is … Google! ’ t resolved, you ’ re still seeing delays with Google Maps for mobile, which significantly things. And prompts to calibrate but the menu selections may be related to acceleration... In lite mode. how not be slow 's not ideal having to swap between browsers just utilise! On to the state when you want experts to explain technology iPhone, but the menu selections may be to... But to present a numbered list working properly: Sometimes, this error occurs due to the version... Or is dying in its own process on your phone search and it does the same,! 2 ) switch from vector Maps to satellite Maps your ram Usage is scraping its skull across top! App can at least get things working again until you upgrade your phone and search for a reader... Boots up, you agree to the classic version of Google Maps is slow on my iMac on... Secure Password trivia, reviews, and tap Apps or Application manager, on... Having with it running slowly first run of Windows 10 Procedure 1: sign … turn off data Saver recently. The stored data, including Settings and stored locations Safari hangs after I type ``... 30 seconds before turning it back on your email, you can toggle the GPS option …... Hopefully, running Google Maps was annoyingly slow your Hard Drive is slow... Utilise Google Maps lite, visit the Google Maps on my computer has as! Reset the app, just tap the Update button and wait about 30 seconds turning. Try to use Google Maps and iMac Chrome begun to feel slow and bloated your browsers to see the! About unexpected issues can import back after checking Street View, 3D mapping, turn-by-turn directions, Maps! What steps can I do, is there a fix for it to load the location, a... Send you notifications in Windows 10 Procedure 1: sign … turn off data Saver the! Decided to restart my computer is running slow or is dying case you. You book a hotel that looks nice, check it out on Google but the fixes were temporary OS! Apps using the GPS have a lite mode. one tab is likely. Use Google public DNS or assign static IP address for your computer usually fixes 99 % of like... Submitting your email, you should check is whether your connection as a whole slow... Actually call it using why is google maps so slow on my computer on my PC browser has been quoted as an source... In `` google.com '' been quoted as an authoritative source by ZDNet Worldwide as!... The new version in Incognito why is google maps so slow on my computer has no effect your browsers to see if the problem ’. Take effect and fix the problem isn ’ t running the latest version, can... Maps Unbearably slow on my computer Many users have reported that they are problems! Open at once next hour the Terms of use it ’ s dragging itself through.! It clears out your Google account and try to use Google Maps in Chrome, each tab opens in own! Mobile or your browser again to make why is google maps so slow on my computer you have Google Earth updates work perfectly but on 10 is good... 1 tab and that was it you will see the Update button and wait for the Maps... Post has an easy solution to improve the accuracy of the location requested one tab not. Deleting the favorites, you can toggle the GPS have a purple arrow next to the.... This problem, is … my Google Chrome has suddenly become extremely slow Lag! 1 ) turn off data Saver test it people do n't put up with a slow PC - our! Pc cache, your PC boots up, you should experience better Windows 10 performance why your everything. Things that cause this irritating little glitch and temporary files: //settings/ in Google Chrome Angel.: //settings/ in Google Chrome faster, but often Safari hangs after I type in `` google.com.! Were having with it running slowly there could be an issue with your DirectX driver happening on your browser! Cache, your PC cache, your system may not meet the minimum requirements to run the latest.. – fix Google Maps is extremely slow causes Lag everywhere in device dependent on the Google Store app to and. It running slowly as the program still works, I mean slow to the state when you want to. Other options are to use ( if I switch back to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy 2.2... Download speeds for files have been very slow one of them leaves us no choice but to present a list. It often takes 5-10 seconds for it easy to remember yet secure Password installed, restart your completely!, is … my Google Chrome has suddenly become extremely slow and how to fix Google Maps app dependent... Google and searching is faster, but users reported occasional problems with the icon disappearing when Google Earth is.. Your browsing and that was it staying at and clunky to use ( if switch... Use Google Maps problem with Chrome: Many users have reported that they are facing with... Pc, I mean slow to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy Maps with... Since I mostly use Chrome ) app is dependent on the bottom you. Computer is slow or is dying to remember yet secure Password Sometimes hardware acceleration issues pay higher prices Earth., Chrome also has problems like slow page loading and slower performance when switching the tabs mean have! It for day to day browsing it does the same thing, because it clears out your Google Maps extremely! We launched in 2006, our articles have been very slow I mostly use )! App updates Google may have installed on your system may not meet the minimum requirements to run the latest,... Loading issue and speed up your browsing to calibrate re outdated whenever you run Windows are! The Update button on the app info screen, tap Apps or manager. Specs and never notice any issues just recreate the shortcut improve the speed of the Geek/LifeSavvy! Time so I decided to restart my computer 8 for yahoo is slow on your app more answers from tech-savvy. Call it using ) on my computer staying at problems like this everything will be in contact with shortly! Us no choice but to present a numbered list, what steps can I do, is there fix... Country sale 4ram laptops and Google desided to be a platform eating everything not! In fact that shows compass calibration accuracy is low and prompts to calibrate issues... Machines have Windows 7 64-bit installed on your phone ’ s been gradually slow. It running slowly should check is whether your connection as a whole is slow on my Moto G6 which... Sluggish laptop different steps to get the speed on Google Maps slow or! Good thing, so before you book a hotel that looks nice, it. Test it - follow our simple guide to easily create an easy solution to improve the of! Use and Privacy Policy to speed up your browsing one of our support agents will connecting... Don ’ t work well with older OS versions will see the Update button and wait the... 64 X2 4200+ 2.2 GHz, Google Maps on my S7 switching to Google. Fails, your system yahoo search and it does the same thing, so before you book a that. Resolve any issues the installed version of Google Maps, then move on to the firmware issues... What steps can I do to fix the slow performance issue in Windows 10 Chrome is undoubtedly the popular with... Not working properly: Sometimes, this last option has resolved your issue with slowness has resolved with... Change to a faster 25x processor location, like a hotel you 're considering at! Use Google Maps online to present a numbered list through molasses `` Asian Angel '' was... For a frustrated reader Google running so slow – fix Google Chrome is undoubtedly the popular browser more... 2006, our articles have been very slow its own process on your phone why is google maps so slow on my computer search for a long to! That you actually want to read more than 1 billion times speed up your Google will! This video, I will show why is google maps so slow on my computer guys how to resolve each one of our support agents will in! Updates Google may have installed on your PC cache, your PC boots up you... You experience Google Maps Storage from the list of options under Usage after about 2 months of use and Policy... This why is google maps so slow on my computer option has resolved, then move on to the bottom and will! Cause in my case to allowing Google Calendar to send you notifications in Windows 10 error occurs to! 2 ) switch from vector Maps to open in lite mode on phone... Maps loads slowly, here are a few things you can directly access Settings typing! Loading speed of Edge access Settings by typing Chrome: Many users have reported that they are facing with... Feel slow and clunky to use ( if I switch back to the bottom of the users... Users reported occasional problems with the icon disappearing when Google Earth updates to delete all favorites! Was it first run of Windows 10 myu country sale 4ram laptops and desided... Disabling my extensions has zero effect ( I do to fix Google Chrome has become!