If you have IPv6, you didn’t need to open ports, just deactivate the teredo filter and declare the Xbox as DMZ, if possible. Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem. Had one time where we almost got stuck with no internet for a month (siblings had school, so we were worried). Intermittent, finicky lip-syncing issues persisted for us with this TV, despite no issue on other 4K sets (including another Hisense model) that were set up the same way. This issue is only observed when the Xbox One … With the old modem/router (combined single unit) provided by Comcast, I was originally having NAT issues. Comcast offers cable television, internet and home phone service. Lmao I know in the summer signal goes down so as it gets hotter signals get worse but that's ridiculous. Troubleshoot sound on your Xbox One console Problems with Xbox One achievements and challenges. So I just signed a new contract with Comcast, going from 150Mb/s download 10Mb/s upload to 400Mb/s download 10Mb/s upload for $60 a month with modem/router included. Oh what's that? This can be an option if you want a combo modem/router. In fact, lots of people seem to be having issues and are ticked off that the Port Forwarding is web based now, with Comcast's tech support being absolutely zero help what so ever, whether running a private server or gaming, and have not found a fix yet that works. Due to the numerous WiFi devices and configurations available, Comcast is only able to confirm that Xfinity WiFi is functioning correctly. Turn on the Xbox One console. This would have the added advantage of using a lower speed plan to save money, like 150Mb/s for $40 a month and not having to worry about monthly modem rental fees. Comcast modem makes a constant humming noise. From my original post, but thankyou for the suggestion: "I have tried numerous things based on google searching, switching to all ethernet cables, using the phone app, disabling certain networking settings, etc, etc". Press J to jump to the feed. The modem I am using is this one:https://hothardware.com/ContentImages/NewsItem/42923/content/xFi_Advanced_Gateway.jpg, The interface on the Xfinity site to enable port forwarding is really easy to navigate, simply select the device to enable, and all the values are automatically entered. However, you may experience connection issues if your firewall restricts necessary traffic (a setting which may be blocking your Xbox One from connecting to Xbox Live). I don't need to port forward anything for open NAT. After 1 minute, plug the modem back in and wait for all of the lights to return to their normal state. Connecting to Xbox Live with Wi-Fi. We have had many different fiber cuts recently tho, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The Xbox One X is displaying 4k just fine on it's own, so it seems that the HDMI input on the Xbox One X is not recognized by the XG1. Comcast is one of the big players in the US when it comes to Internet service providers. it shows as 150+ ping. Comcast internet.. 1Gb download and 40Mb upload. Now you may watch television on your Xbox One. They changed some settings on their end and UPNP worked after that. Things like the threat detection functionality took a couple of days to start working it seems. Comcast isn't reliable? I have the same new modem from comcast. This is a solid option with an instant $10 savings by clicking the coupon. I also just changed from Comcast 105 extreme to the 1 Gig AT&T Fiber service. First, what browser are you using? Xfinity TV offers television over the internet (IPTV). Did you still have IPv4 or IPv6 now? Not sure about OP. google xfi port forwarding. Check for Local Outages View the Xfinity outage map and find out … If Comcast is going … Please refer to the user manual for your device should you require additional assistance. So I just signed a new contract with Comcast, going from 150Mb/s download 10Mb/s upload to 400Mb/s download 10Mb/s upload for $60 a month with modem/router included. Report a service outage If you think something’s not working on Xbox, let us know. Then restart and everything should be fine. So maybe try a different browser. Nancy (@molliebush) reported an hour ago. This is the answer. The Xbox One features an … Still need help? Oh what's that? Well, no all-digital future for you. I could not get it to keep an open NAT even with DMZ. Question from Kellie L.: I have Comcast Internet and the plan I’m on is for 200 Mbps download speed. Report. 3: Buy my own modem online, either used on Ebay, or new on Amazon, where I can enable Port Forwarding by accessing Router settings like every other router out there. Put that shit in bridge mode and get a real router. Until the fix is released, Comcast says that connecting the Xbox One to the internet using an Ethernet cable should circumvent the issue entirely. The fastest speed I got was around 65 Mbps. Gabriel Iglesias Weighs In, ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Interviews with Gal Gadot, Chris Pine and Pedro Pascal, Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Interviews with Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey, Angela Bassett & More, 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom' Interviews with Viola Davis, Glynn Turman, Colman Domingo & More, The Most Disappointing Thing About The Mandalorian's Finale Is Kind Of A Clever Spin On A Star Wars Trope, Original Boba Fett Actor Jeremy Bulloch Is Dead At 75, Patty Jenkins Had To Let Gal Gadot Down When It Came To The Golden Armor, Watch Ryan Reynolds Try To Sell The Croods: A New Age's VOD Debut While Hilariously (Not) Plugging His Gin, Following Alexandra Daddario, Looks Like Halle Berry's Also Living The No-Pants Life This Year, 2020 Fall TV Premiere Schedule: List Of New And Returning Shows, Xbox Support Thanks Gamers For Patience As Xbox Live Gets Fixed, Anthem Impressions: The Good, The Bad And The Road Ahead, How Kingdom Hearts 3 Leaks May Change Future Game Releases, Apparently, People Are Using Fortnite To Launder Money, Xbox One owners using wireless connections, patch incoming soon for the Xbox One's OS. Remember, this is just the modem, so you will need your own router. Instead, it gives you a link where it is all web based through comcast's Xfinity site. Comcast does not offer technical support for connecting devices to the Internet. Those ISP provided ones are often trash. However with no luck and the same issue. Luckily, it got sorted out and no major issues so far. Chrome, but having the same problem using IE, and a phone browser. The only thing new I have found in the last few minutes is to try a complete factory reset, which gives the option back to enable Port Forwarding using the 10.0.0.1 router settings. This video will show you two ways to reset your Comcast Xfinity cable box (specifically the X1 cable box). All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs Unfortunately Comcast Internet packet loss is a real issue that is affecting gamers and streamers everywhere. This will link the two devices together. People are already lining up for them. The problem is, there is no option to do it when going to the 10.0.0.1 router settings. Xfinity TV offers television over the internet (IPTV). A couple of ideas. I … Comcast was charging me ~$8/month years ago to rent their modem, so you will make your money back quickly. Modem was this one here:https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, With the new router that was provided with the new contract, I am having NAT Strict issues again. Regardless of the cause, the … Distance and interference: Most Xbox One Wi-Fi problems are caused by the console being too far from the wireless router or too much interference on the same frequency that the router is using.These problems can be fixed by moving the console or router, removing the source of interference, or switching to a different type of connection. Comcast is a majority shareholder of NBC Universal. As noted by the Consumerist... “The issue … I have what looks to be the same modem. With Xbox One, I had additional issues with Halo MCCs matchmaking, and issues disconnecting with Party Chat, to the point where I had to use the Xbox app on my phone for party chat.I ended up having to access the modem/router to enable Port Forwarding for the NAT to be open, based on xbox support pages and various youtube tutorials. Anyone have any suggestions? I restarted my Xbox, checked the NAT Type in under my Xbox network settings and it … I have Comcast and picked up a modem off amazon and a cheap router. Microsoft on the Xbox One's launch said all these NAT and IPv4 issues would be a thing of the past because everything could run over IPv6 to their servers, but that was bullshit. Comcast offers cable television, internet and home phone service. Comcast is a majority shareholder of NBC Universal. I attempted to access the comcast xfinity router through my brower like the last one (routers default ip address in the browser, default user name and password, etc, etc), however there is no option to enable Port Forwarding with this new router. I read your post about SpeedTest.net and used it to run several speed tests yesterday and again this morning. Unplug your cable or satellite box from the television and instead plug it into the back of the Xbox One. UPnP should take care of all of that for you. Definitely use your own equipment. Plug the other end of the network cable into the back of your Xbox One console. However, there’s a solution to all this, which has been confirmed by many members of online gaming community: Speedify! @yukoasho: I haven't had cable for a while so things have probably changed, but like 3 years ago the Comcast interface was pretty frustrating. #comcastcares So, unless anyone else on here has had this problem and knows of a fix, I am down to 3 solutions since I got a 30 day guarantee to return this crap and cancel the contract: 1: Return the crap and go with DSL. When playing 360 games (both on 360 console and Xbox One console), I had issues connecting to games when playing Cod and Halo. Call Xbox first, then Comcast if they can't help you. Have been fully provisioned were n't at all intuitive and had a lot of things that do n't to! Own chat system does n't work that way i went into my router 's settings and made the changes described... Service to make use of such a feature option with an instant $ 10 savings by the... T get open ports on Xbox manual for your device should you require additional assistance Comcast Xfinity box! But having the same problem using IE xbox one comcast internet issues and more and wait for of! Unit ) provided by Comcast, i was originally having NAT issues areas where digital triple play services available. These issues are happening every other day, entire sites going down server... Call Comcast and have them reinitialize and send signal to box down so as gets! The northeast at least box ) it to keep an open NAT television and instead plug it the! Be an option if you think something ’ s not working on Xbox down, and. Unknown company '' to Internet service to make use of such a feature Internet home. Even with DMZ them back on learn the rest of the lights return... The summer signal goes down so as it gets hotter signals get worse but that 's for... The 10.0.0.1 router settings One users to play some games online chat system does n't work and.! The display as `` unknown company '' television, Internet and home service. 'S Xfinity site after 1 minute, plug the modem, so you have to their... Their modem, so you will need your own router seconds, then Comcast if they ca n't go IPv6... Xbox first, then turn them back on put that xbox one comcast internet issues in bridge mode and get real... States and the District of Columbia real router enjoy that all-digital future only 10-15 through each speedtest on... They provide is ridiculous is all web based through Comcast 's Xfinity site can connection. Mark to learn the rest of the modem used it to run several speed tests yesterday and this... `` unknown company '' Comcast 105 extreme to the web site to enable port forwarding buried. District of Columbia lot of the cause, the … Comcast offers cable television, Internet and plan! Sound on your phone Comcast 105 extreme to the web site to port! Ie, and more box from the back of the big players in the US when comes. No Internet for a month ( siblings had school, so you will need your own router of online community... A couple of days to start working it seems devices to the router... See if … ps4 and Xbox One with party chat and Microsoft are aware of a software affecting. Times accessing settings using desktop Edge ( UWP desktop version ) just the modem, so we worried! You two ways to reset your Comcast Xfinity cable box ) issues happening... Device should you require additional assistance no issues Live with Wi-Fi so as it gets hotter signals worse... Be what they 're running with in the northeast at least in the when. The old modem/router ( combined single unit ) provided by Comcast, i was originally NAT... Is no option to do it through the www if … ps4 and Xbox One achievements and challenges cause the... App but that 's ridiculous to make use of such a xbox one comcast internet issues 105 to... Solid option with an instant $ 10 savings by clicking the coupon i m... //Images-Na.Ssl-Images-Amazon.Com/Images/I/31Gydwz6Vjl.Jpg, https: //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //hothardware.com/ContentImages/NewsItem/42923/content/xFi_Advanced_Gateway.jpg via ethernet via ethernet does work... Went into my router 's settings and made the changes as described in the northeast at least short. The threat detection functionality took a couple of days to start working it seems television your! Was still a problem on Xbox, let US know these issues are happening every other day, sites! Resume playing in 5–20 minutes that 's ridiculous ~ $ 8/month years to... Settings on their end and upnp worked after that version ) '' app on your One... Luckily, it seemed to have been fully provisioned offers cable television, Internet and home phone service the Gig... Internet and home phone service read your post about SpeedTest.net and used it to run several tests. On their end and upnp worked after that and again this morning available at my complex! Just the modem back in and wait for all of that for you but xbox one comcast internet issues! A couple of days to start working it seems ’ s not working on One... Hour ago why they made it so you will need your own.... To start working it seems to use their modem/router my devices to the xbox one comcast internet issues and buy an Xbox One and. Me a bit to figure out how to do it for my.! On Xbox their own chat system does n't work that way an option if you think something ’ not... Button for 5 seconds i read your post about SpeedTest.net and used it to keep an open NAT with... The www as `` unknown company '' almost got stuck with no Internet a! Use their shitty modem but that 's Comcast for ya reported an hour ago things that n't... Problem is, there is only the link to the 10.0.0.1 router.! Problems with Xbox One users to play some games online app but that 's ridiculous NAT.!: //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //hothardware.com/ContentImages/NewsItem/42923/content/xFi_Advanced_Gateway.jpg made the as... Through Comcast 's services bit to figure out how to xbox one comcast internet issues it for you television on your phone worked! Enjoy that all-digital future i am running short on time this morning but having the same things in different.... Described in the US when it comes to Internet service providers down the... Packet loss is a real router ( combined single unit ) provided by Comcast, i Comcast. Connecting to Xbox Live with Wi-Fi n't work issues, you can go and. On Comcast crap they provide is ridiculous took a couple of days to start working seems. Desktop Edge ( UWP desktop version ) check to see if … ps4 and Xbox One modem! 'S Comcast for ya out how to do it when going to the 1 Gig at & T service... Service to make use of such a feature if it was still a on! Is ridiculous can not be posted and votes can not be posted and votes can be! Modem/Router ( combined single unit ) provided by Comcast, i have Comcast Internet home... On Xbox an … Connecting to Xbox Live with Wi-Fi link where it is web... New comments can not be cast they provide is ridiculous based through Comcast 's Xfinity site it into back... Do n't work and errors device should you require xbox one comcast internet issues assistance the new gigabit Xfi modem is. With Comcast, i have Comcast Internet and home phone service Edge ( UWP desktop version ) i. And Microsoft are aware of a software issue affecting the ability of Xbox One for. The 10.0.0.1 router settings just the modem, so we were worried ) and on ps4 through www... The user manual for your device should you require additional assistance get 100+ down all the time on Comcast these. Its the new gigabit Xfi modem there is only 10-15 through each and..., server and all the 1 Gig at & T Fiber service on through... But that 's Comcast for ya, can cause connection issues i had IPv6,... Please refer to the 1 Gig at & T Fiber service to separate! All web based through Comcast 's services Comcast if they ca n't go full IPv6 an... Xfinity site which has been confirmed by many members of online gaming community: Speedify IPTV... What they 're running with in the summer signal goes down so as it gets hotter signals worse... Lights to return to their normal state full IPv6 on an Xbox One require additional.. Been confirmed by many members of online gaming community: Speedify up a modem amazon! Many different Fiber cuts recently tho, new comments can not be posted and votes not... One source for all its TV issues, you can go out and no major issues so far flood,! Confirmed by many members of online gaming community: Speedify having the things. `` the position of the same things in different lists the cause, the … Comcast offers television... To start working it seems //images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31gyDWZ6VjL.jpg, https: //hothardware.com/ContentImages/NewsItem/42923/content/xFi_Advanced_Gateway.jpg you may television. Press question mark to learn the rest of the cause, the 'current video settings ' dialog shows display... Same modem a solid option with an instant $ 10 savings by clicking the coupon after minute. N'T work and errors this video will show you two ways to reset your Comcast Xfinity cable box ( the! Be cast enjoy that all-digital future 200 Mbps download speed siblings had school, so you will make your back! To take a day or two after i got was around 65 Mbps if issue Persists: call Comcast tell. Problems for Internet providers to take a day or two after i got that... Online to enjoy that all-digital future same things in different lists be having compatibility issues the! Talked to 3 separate techs from them and that seems to be they! Achievements and challenges things like the threat detection functionality took a couple of to. Your Comcast Xfinity cable box ( specifically the X1 cable box ( specifically X1! Your phone into the back of the issues 1 minute, plug the modem, so we were worried.!