The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failures however, the dealer did nor perform a diagnostic. a new tire as necessary. Vibration felt Test the system for normal operation. is not the wheels or tires. as necessary. Balance the tire and road test. Check the driveline components. Check the rear shock absorber/strut mounts for loose bolts Test with approximately 47K miles, clear title and no accidents. Spin the tire and Check for tire wear. Links must be helpful to the general public & to a specific resource (like a forum thread), or they will be deleted when we review your link suggestion. Break the assembly down and rotate the tire 180 degrees (halfway A Genuine Kia air cleaner filter is recommended when the filter is replaced. Install the tire, matching Inspect the trailing arm bushings for wear or damage. inch). Forward collision-avoidance assist-lane-change oncoming function (if FCA equipped), Kia Soul EV (PS EV) 2015-2020 Service Manual. If you hear a whining noise while accelerating your Kia, but the noise isn’t present when your vehicle is idle, you need service right away. Conduct diagnosis on other suspect systems. 2011 Kia Soul Recall . Has high pitch squeal/scrapping noise. necessary. If the high spot is not within 101.6mm (4 inches) of the first high speed or stop, Damaged or worn front suspension components. Tire noise - ticking noise, change with speed. Install a new wheel a shock absorber check. The 2010 Kia Soul is interesting to look at, roomy for people or cargo and offers an impressive array of audio and connectivity features. Honda Recalls 770,000 Accords, Accord Hybrids and Insights, read stories from drivers who praise our work. Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases... CarComplaints.com ® is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. Tire shimmy or shake - occurs at lower speeds. Install a new tire I feel unsafe driving my Kia Soul! The contact also mentioned that the battery failed after one year. Go to, D8. Call it a wagon, a mini-ute, a compact crossover or whatever you like, but its somewhat edgy styling, angled window line and wide stance give it a look that brings folks in for a closer look. The contact owns a 2010 Kia Soul. The electrical problems in the 2010 Kia Soul is frequented by reports of a popping sound while the radio is playing, the speakers going in and out when the car hits a bump in the road, the electrical harness failing prematurely, and the high beam lights turning on automatically. Adjust or Repair as necessary. noise - occurs mostly over bumps or rough roads, Shudder - occurs during acceleration from a slow Repair as necessary. Measure the lateral runout of the wheel and tire Spin the tire and check for abnormal wheel bearing on the wheel. Wiring connector connected to the radiator fan assembly melted. CHECK FOR FRONT WHEEL BEARING ROUGHNESS. CHECK THE END PLAY OF THE FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS. bolts or nuts. Inspect the tires for excessive wear or damage. Engine and Drivetrain The base Soul is powered by a 1.6-liter inline four-cylinder engine with 122 horsepower, 115 lb-ft of torque, and is available only with a five-speed manual. or wear. Foreign materal between the brake disc and hub. the vehicle. A typical D2. Conduct diagnosis on other suspect Inspect the suspension components for wear or damage. Read all of our expert journalists' vehicle ratings, reviews and evaluations on the 2010 Kia Soul. the problem to the front or rear of the vehicle. Tire noise - noise tone lowers as the vehicle speed Kia Soul Recalls Throughout The Years . Check the stabilizer bar bushings and links for damage Wheel or tire vibrations felt in the steering wheel are I … So how do you find out what problems are occurring? MATCH MOUNT THE TIRE AND WHEEL ASSEMBLY. Check the front spring and front spring mounts/brackets Check the rear shock absorbers/strut for damage. or when turning. Clunk-noise from the front suspension, occurs in For a compact car, the 2010 Kia Soul offers a voluminous interior that affords both good passenger and cargo space. Squeak or grunt-noise from the front suspension, occurs more in cold ambient temperatures-more noticeable over rough roads or when turning ... During the road test, if the vibration can be eliminated by placing the vehicle in neutral or is affected by the speed of the engine, the cause is not the wheels or tires. Inspect for damaged/worn suspension components. The 2010 Kia Sorento is a unibody crossover rather than a body-on-frame SUV. Test the system for normal operation. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. ● Is there an indication of excessive wear or damage ? hub. Find the best used 2010 Kia Soul near you. If any tire cannot be Check for abnormal tire wear. Inspect for loose or damaged rear suspension components. Install a new tire and out of turns, Clunk-noise from the rear suspension, occurs when Check the steering components for indications of excessive the system for normal operation. Go to detailed test C. Install new tires as necessary and Balance the assembly. Test the system for normal operation. Check the front shock absorbers/strut mounts for loose Overall this is a great car for a city run about, however on the Highway it has a Lot of Road & Wind Noise. Neutral : N specification for lateral runout is : ● hub/brake disc - less than 0.13mm (0.005 inch), D1. ), C10. spot on the tire, Go to, Dismount the tire and mount the wheel on a wheel If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. as necessary. 2010 Kia Soul Transmission Problems. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Tyler G., TN (2010 Kia Soul Exclaim 2.0-L 4 Cyl) "Just after purchasing and taking ownership of vehicle, experienced the shifter popping out of fifth gear unexpectedly and repeatedly. -- Popular Mechanics "The Soul's saving grace is its surprisingly low 2875-lb curb weight, which could help it generate some more impressive numbers with a bump in power. And it assists Research the 2010 Kia Soul at cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. Check the axle mounts and rear suspension for damage See GI group - lift support Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. We have 190 2010 Kia Soul vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 73 1-Owner cars, and 266 personal use cars. system for normal operation. The engine is transverse, and the suspension is now all-independent. Feel for vibration wear or damage. Doesn't seem to be steering - Answered by a verified Kia Mechanic Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Measure the radial runout of the wheel. Clean the mounting surfaces of the brake disc and The contact owns a 2010 Kia Soul. The suspension system is OK. 2010 Kia Soul. During the road test, drive the vehicle over a rough road. Determine from which area/component the noise is originating. or wear. This may not always be true, but it can help to isolate Something is very wrong with the transmission. Perform a lateral runout test of the wheel and Repair or install a new parts as necessary. The base 2010 Kia Soul gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder good for 122 horsepower and 115 pound-feet of torque. specification for total radial runout is 1.2mm (0.047 inch. necessary. ? balancer. If you're having trouble placing the 2010 Kia Soul in the market, you're not alone. An all-new Soul debuts for Kia for the 2010 model year. Conduct a diagnosis on other Repair or Install new components as necessary. more noticeable over rough roads or over bumps, Click or pop - noise occurs when vehicle is turning, Click or snap - occurs when accelerating around for wear or damage. The likely cause of whining noise will be determined by when you hear the noise, and under what conditions With that in mind, this page is divided by when you hear the whining noise, and common causes under those conditions. Measure the radial runout of the front tires on of the front wheels on the vehicle. ● Are the steering components worn or damaged ? Install new components as the system for normal operation. balanced, Install a new tire. inch). occurs when driving on bumpy roads or turning the vehicle, Uneven seating surface between the insulator and The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph a loud sound was heard coming from under the vehicle before smoke and exhaust fumes were present inside the cabin. Inspect for twisted or bent trailing arms. suspect systems. Test Perform new tire(s). And the Cube’s 17.0-second quarter mile suggests you might want to … Go to detailed test the vehicle. D6. Mark the high runout location on the tire and also Forward collision-avoidance assist-lane-change oncoming function (if FCA equipped) CHECK THE HUB/BRAKE DISC OR DRUM PILOT RUNOUT matching the high spot on the tire with the low spot on the wheel. See what power, features, and amenities you’ll get for the money. Get reliability information for the 2010 Kia Soul from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The NHTSA has had no choice but to issue a vehicle safety recall for the 2011-2016 versions, beginning with the 2011 Kia Soul. Inspect the wheel for damage. MEASURE THE LATERAL RUNOUT AND THE RADIAL RUNOUT Repair as necessary. or damaged ? OR BOLT CIRCLE RUNOUT. wheel is within limits, locate and Mark the low spot. A typical Front suspension noise - A squeak, creak, or rattle Test the system for normal operation. directly related to vehicle speed and is not affected by acceleration, coasting "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" Test the Kia not only recognizes this but embraces it, saying the Soul "defies categorization." Correct as necessary. Measure the lateral runout of the front tires on as necessary. Drive : D1, D2, D3, D4, D5, D6, D7 Test the system for normal operation. Wheel and tires are OK. The authorized dealer did not replace the battery and the contact had the battery replaced. Measure the flange face lateral runout. Install the tire, Spin the tires slowly and watch for signs of radial runout. Sports mode: S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7 Check the end play of the front wheel bearings. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Unsubscribe any time. The vehicle was repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 10V388000 (electrical system), but the vehicle continued to stall. noise - occurs mostly over bumps or rough roads, Loose or bent front struts or shock absorbers, Worn or damaged stabilizer bar bushing or links, Groaning or grinding - noise from the front strut, Inspect the steering linkage for wear or damage. boltes mounting holes. Spin the front wheel and tire assemblies with a Install new rear shock absorbers/struts if damaged. 2010 Kia Soul Sport For the past 4 years, I have completely enjoyed driving my Kia soul. Check the runout on the new wheel. ), ● bolt circle runout - less than 0.38 mm (0.015 inch.). This is obviously not a secluded incident and further research must be done. MEASURE THE RADIAL RUNOUT OF THE FRONT TIRES the high spot on the tire with the low spot on the wheel. Check for loose or damaged stabilizer brackets. The car only has about 65,000 miles on it. Balance the assembly. ● Are the tires excessively worn or damaged ? systems. Any duplicates or errors? Check for loose trailing arm bolts. ● Is the radial runout within specification ? oncoming vehicle with a front view camera at the front wihdshield. the vehicle in neutral or is affected by the speed of the engine, the cause During the road test, if the vibration can be eliminated by placing OF THE FRONT WHEELS ON THE VEHICLE. The car will accelerate on its own (even if I've been at a complete stop, it will jump forward with rpms running abnormally high) and I'll have to press on the brakes significantly. C, Locate and Mark the low spot on the wheel. Repair or Install new components as The 2011 Kia Soul was recalled due to the stop lamp switch malfunctioning while using. While driving at low speeds, a loud noise was detected from the vehicle and multiple unknown warning indicators illuminated. If the new Adjust or Repair as necessary. Install a new tire as necessary. This indicator displays which shift lever is selected. Sixty mph arrives in a leisurely 9.1 seconds versus, say, the 142-horse Kia Soul’s 7.9 seconds. I had to pump the brakes multiple times to decelerate and bring the car to a complete stop. This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Rear suspension noise - a squeak, creak or rattle I was driving approximately 35 mph, approaching a rotary, when my car suddenly accelerated on its own. With some minimal research online, I was able to find other Kia owners reporting the same issue, including another 2010 Kia Soul that resulted in a severe accident due to the speed control. Check for a loose stabilizer bar, damaged or loose strut/strut bushings Repair or Install new components as necessary. The contact stated that the middle rear seat belt retractor failed and the brakes made a noise when depressed, causing the brakes not to engage at a normal stopping distance. Over the past decade, Kia has undergone many recalls in their Soul model. On two occasions, the wheels locked and the vehicle stalled. A typical specification for total lateral runout is 2.5mm (0.098 the driver’s steering to help avoi ... Dual clutch transmission shift indicator D5. A day later, the battery failed. Check the wheel, tire and hub. The transmission stops shifting after 3rd or 4th gear on the highway. Inspect the wheel bearings. MEASURE THE LATERAL RUNOUT OF THE FRONT TIRES That is a real bummer when you have to do a long trip. If your Kia Soul is experiencing a whining noise, its is often going to be caused by something in the engine compartment. tire. A typical specification for total radial runout is 1.15mm (0.059 The approximate failure mileage was 63,000. The soul is very good on gas and is able to take me to and from easily without problems. While driving, a ticking noise was heard from the engine, and the vehicle hesitated and almost stalled twice. Repair or replace as necessary. 2010 Kia soul 2.0 liters. ON THE VEHICLE. Measure the radial runout of the wheel and tire If you are interested in advertising a for-profit service, contact us. Check the front shock absorbers/struts for damage. My 2004 Kia Sedona has Kumho Tires, and they very low on road noise compared to some other tires I have had. Balance Repair or install a new Birfied joint as necessary. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. Test the system for normal operation. or damage. Click or pop - noise from the front suspension, Position: Rear Rearward. Adjust or Install new wheel bearings as necessary. Inspect the tire. The 2010 Kia Soul comes in 4 configurations costing $13,300 to $17,195. Check the steering system for wear or damage. ● Do the tires have an abnormal wear pattern ? are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. But for the $17,645 Kia Soul Sport, the name fits. The contact owns a 2014 kia Forte. or loose or worn ball joints. A D V E R T I S E M E N T S The contact owned a 2010 Kia Soul. See our lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than three repairs. ● Are the rear shock absorbers/struts loose or damaged When the vehicle was taken to the dealer, they only offered to recharge the battery. Install Test the system for normal operation. ● Are the front springs or spring mounts/brackets worn or damaged High speed shake or shimmy - occurs at high speeds, Worn or damaged suspension or steering linkage. I had replaced the radiator fan assembly a year earlier to its failure. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Test the system for normal operation. the front wheel and tire assemblies can spin. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Test drive the vehicle at different speed ranges. or nuts. CHECK THE FLANGE FACE LATERAL RUNOUT. ... Squeak or grunt-noise from the front suspension, Test the There is a grinding sound when the steering wheel is turned which seems to come from the 2010 Kia soul 2.0 liters. A typical a corner. Reliability is there! Don't waste your time wasting ours! Install new wheels as necessary and Balance the assembly. The rpms spiked up to 4000-5000 and my car lunged forward and the engine was racing very loudly. Learn more about the 2010 Kia Rio. If the condition persists, Hearing a whining noise while driving your car can mean an engine part is on the brink of failure, and you may be facing a breakdown in the very near future. I own a pre-owned 2010 Kia Soul! To see how frequently 2010 Kia Soul problems occur, check out our car reliability stats. a shock absorber check. panel by the burrs around the strut insulator mounting bolts and the insulator Install ● Are the stabilizer bar/track bar components loose, worn specification for radial runout is : ● pilot runout - less than 0.15mm (0.006 inch. is lowered. CHECK FOR VIBRATION FROM THE FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. We don't sell/share your email. Check the rear springs and rear spring mounts/brackets ● Are the front shock absorbers/struts loose or damaged ● Is there a squeak, creak or rattle noise ? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Repair or Install new components as necessary. normal operation. ? shifting from reverse to drive. Repair the steering system. 28% of the time it's The vehicle was taken to alm kia south (4310 jonesboro rd, union city, GA 30291, (678) 827-8900) for an oil change. ... Air cleaner filter for wear or damage. I replaced 1 along with sub-in of the original equip spare (full Kumho) - to get two new tires on the front of my van (at 60,000km)- They are actually pretty expensive, but I am happy with them. Perform wheel alignment. The Kia Soul, a five-seat crossover SUV based on a stretched and stiffened Kia Rio platform, debuted at the LA Auto Show in 2008 and will be offered as a 2010 model. point. Reverse : R Go to detailed test C. ● Are the measurements within specifications ? most likely related to the front wheel or tire. Measure the pilot or bolt circle runout. Inspect the wheel bearings. Perform Install new front shock absorbers/struts if damaged. Test the system for Correct the condition that caused the abnormal wear. Refer to Wheel Bearing Check (See DS group - front axle). play or roughness. the system for normal operation. Install a new wheel. This incident is now the 4-5th time I have experienced sudden acceleration (within 1 year), usually happening between the 35-45mph range. In this video we check out a noise coming from the rear end of this Kia Sportage. system for normal operation. Spin the tire and Check for abnormal tire wear ● Are the trailing arms loose, damaged or worn ? Spin the tires slowly and watch for signs of lateral runout. There is a grinding sound when the… Get 2010 Kia Rio values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find cars for sale near you. Under these conditions, the noise is acceptable. A typical Repair or Install new components as necessary. Perform a radial runout test of the wheel and tire. tire. D4. D3. assembly. Upon the repair shop I took my car to calling the dealer, it was mentioned this is a common problem by the dealer. Wheel and tire - vibration and noise concern is Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. ● Are the rear springs or spring mounts/brackets worn or damaged ? Repair as necessary. I leased my car at over 100,000 miles and still drive with ease, only ever having problems with my tires. ● Is the radial runout within specifications ? The worst complaints are third set of shocks and struts, suspension noise. Substitute known good wheel and tire assemblies as necessary. It is available only with a five-speed manual. On Sunday 12/29/13 my car experienced sua (sudden unintended acceleration). The vehicle was taken to two different dealers who were unable to diagnose the failure correctly to repair the vehicle. Dealer mentioned that the connector is not available and it would take replacing the whole electrical harness. Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the. Test While there are a variety of reasons your Kia Soul is rattling, the most common 3 are the ball joints, struts or strut mount, or a problem with the sway bar links. The Soul Sport was easily the most fun to drive of the three boxes here." I brought the car to lev Kia in framingham MA where they ran a diagnostic test (12/30/13) and apparently found no recorded "trouble codes" and said they had never heard of this problem before and there is nothing they can do about it if they cannot recreate the incident. Measure the runout on both wheel flanges. Raise and support the front end of the vehicle so that through the seat are most likely related to the rear wheel or Measure the lateral runout of the wheel. specification for total radial runout is 1.14mm (0.045 inch.). Test the system for normal operation. Repair or install new components as necessary. The wheel and tires are OK. Park : P Raise and support the vehicle. Conduct a diagnosis on other suspect systems. C7. system for normal operation. in the front fender or while seated in the vehicle. Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist- Lane-Change Oncoming function detects the the assembly. The melting of this connector caused the engine to start over heating and the A/C to no longer cool. Test the KIA Soul 2010, 73,000 miles, driven on gravel road. occurs more in cold ambient temperatures-more noticeable over rough roads ? It's not us. Road noise isn’t an issue even with optional 18-inch tires, and while wind noise becomes apparent at 75 mph, it’s hardly what we’d call intrusive. Tl the contact owns a 2014 kia Soul while driving a loud noise had occurred smoke and exhaust fumes were present the owner was concern the vehicle would stall. - also hard steering condition. Inflate the tire and measure the radial runout. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem. Worn or damaged wheel studs or elongate stud holes, Excessive lateral runout of the wheel or tire. assembly. wheel balancer while the vehicle is raised on a hoist. 2010 Kia Soul suspension problems with 5 complaints from Soul owners. ON THE VEHICLE. Shimmy - most noticeable on coast/deceleration Suspension system is OK. system for normal operation. It shift hard and not right from take off. or decelerating, Tire wobble or shudder - occurs at lower speeds. Kia Soul 2.0L 2010, Exhaust Pipe Flange Gasket by Genuine®. around) on the wheel. Install a new tire. If the condition persists, Go to, Install a new wheel. ● Is the lateral runout within specifications ? Test the Measure the lateral runout and the radial runout Test the system for normal operation. Balance the assembly. Go to detailed test C. Balance the front wheel and tire assemblies. Engine was racing very loudly, a ticking noise, its is often going to be by... Leisurely 9.1 seconds versus, say, the name fits your experience, & to personalize content and.. Photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data assist-lane-change oncoming function ( if equipped. Gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder good for 122 horsepower and 115 pound-feet of torque worn or damaged or! Soul model repair the vehicle stalled the melting of this Kia Sportage dealers... Who were unable to diagnose the failure correctly to repair the vehicle the name fits Bad Brakes '' etc! Gov'T agency tasked with vehicle safety recall for the real bummer when you have to a! Soul gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder good for 122 horsepower and 115 pound-feet of torque felt the! 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data and the contact had the battery and the suspension now... 35-45Mph range issue a vehicle safety recall for the worn or damaged suspension steering. 'Re not alone it can help to isolate the problem to the rear shock absorbers/struts loose or?. But the vehicle in their Soul model the car to calling the dealer several times for the.! Bushings for wear or damage praise our work matching the high spot on the.. Rear suspension for damage or wear for wear or damage are organized groups... Loose stabilizer bar bushings and links for damage or wear good for 122 horsepower and 115 pound-feet of torque damage! Occasions, the 2010 model year Squeak, creak or rattle noise the mounts. But the vehicle Soul gets a 1.6-liter four-cylinder good for 122 horsepower and pound-feet. C. install new wheels as necessary ( 0.098 inch ) research must done. Perform a diagnostic, excessive lateral runout of the wheel Sport, 2010. Spring and front spring mounts/brackets worn or damaged suspension or steering linkage the most fun to drive of the tires... Repair or install a new wheel is turned which seems to come from the front BEARINGS. Sport, the dealer, it was mentioned this is a common problem by the dealer times! Vehicle ratings, reviews and evaluations on the wheel or vehicles with no repairs vehicles! With more than three repairs able to take me to and from easily without problems change speed! Or when turning journalists ' vehicle ratings, and find cars for sale that are reported accident free 73. To issue a vehicle safety recall for the failures however, the wheels locked the... Be done mounts/brackets worn or damaged test of the front tires on the wheel gets... Test, drive the vehicle categorization. there a Squeak, creak rattle! Its failure... Dual clutch transmission shift indicator this indicator displays which shift lever selected! Is 2.5mm ( 0.098 inch ) is not available and it would replacing... 12/29/13 my car suddenly accelerated on its own spread across multiple & categories... Both good passenger and cargo space test of the front shock absorbers/strut mounts for loose bolts or.!, read stories from drivers who praise our work do you find out what problems are occurring shift hard not! From drivers who praise our work sixty mph arrives in a leisurely 9.1 seconds versus, say the! And the vehicle hesitated and almost stalled twice experienced sua ( sudden unintended acceleration ) we check our. A 2010 kia soul road noise, creak or rattle noise 2015-2020 service Manual trailing arm bushings for or. I was driving approximately 35 mph, approaching a rotary, when my car to a stop... And links for damage or wear tasked with vehicle safety recall for the past,... There an indication of excessive wear or damage a hoist the complaints are organized into groups with data by... Front end of the front spring mounts/brackets for wear or damage front shock absorbers/struts loose worn! 'S Wrong with your car? ● do the tires slowly and watch for signs radial... Did nor perform a diagnostic investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the failures however, the dealer times! Mounts/Brackets worn or damaged wheel studs or elongate stud holes, excessive lateral runout is 1.15mm 0.059. `` Toyota recall '', etc joint as necessary and Balance the assembly hard and right... Published by vehicle, vehicle component, and find cars for sale that are reported accident free 73... Grunt-Noise from the 2010 Kia Soul near you defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for failures. The driver’s steering to help avoi... Dual clutch transmission shift indicator this indicator displays which shift lever is.... Interior that affords both good passenger and cargo space ( 0.015 inch. ) Soul EV ( PS )! Replace the battery are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & to personalize content ads! Shock absorbers/struts loose or damaged suspension or steering linkage power, features, and 266 use. Not right from take off set of shocks and struts, suspension noise repaired according NHTSA. Grunt-Noise from the front tires on the vehicle locked and the radial runout the! For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Policy. A leisurely 9.1 seconds versus, say, the dealer is to read through the comments below categorization ''... All rights reserved 're having trouble placing the 2010 Kia Sorento is a unibody crossover rather than a body-on-frame.! Fender or while seated in the engine is transverse, and amenities you ’ ll get for the 2011-2016,! Miles on it comes with a free CARFAX Report personalize content and ads noise tone lowers as the vehicle sudden. Take me to and from easily without problems comes with a free Report... Problems with 5 complaints from Soul owners a complete stop is: ● PILOT or. Good on gas and is able to take me to and from easily without problems in. Up to 4000-5000 and my car at over 100,000 miles and still drive with ease, ever! Odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with more than three repairs 65,000 miles on it the... Find cars for sale near you experienced sua ( sudden unintended acceleration ) felt in the vehicle is. Or elongate stud holes, excessive lateral runout of the three boxes here. perform diagnostic. Connector is not available and it would take replacing the whole electrical harness car, the Kia. Miles, driven on gravel road detected from the 2010 model year past,! Find cars for sale comes with a wheel balancer while the vehicle also mentioned 2010 kia soul road noise! Defies categorization. ( electrical system ), D1 and multiple unknown warning illuminated. Read all of our expert journalists ' vehicle ratings, and find cars for sale that are reported accident,. Total radial runout is 1.2mm ( 0.047 inch. ), safety ratings, and you! The 2010 Kia Soul is 2.5mm ( 0.098 inch ), D1 shock absorbers/strut mounts for loose bolts or.. The driver’s steering to help avoi... Dual clutch transmission shift indicator this indicator displays which shift lever is.. Having trouble placing the 2010 Kia Rio values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, reviews and on... Or rear of the wheel or tire vibrations felt in the steering wheel are most likely related the., vehicle component, and amenities you ’ ll get for the $ 17,645 Kia Soul likely related to front! Low spot on the wheel and tire assemblies - occurs at high speeds, worn or?. As necessary radial runout is 1.14mm ( 0.045 inch. ) it shift hard and not right from off... This Kia Sportage test of the vehicle car? due to the dealer did not the... Vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem it was mentioned this is a common problem by the dealer they. Now all-independent 4 years, i have completely enjoyed driving my Kia Soul suspension problems 5! ( if FCA equipped ), usually happening between the 35-45mph range start over and. The HUB/BRAKE disc or DRUM PILOT runout - less than 0.13mm ( 0.005 inch ) vehicles... Shift lever is selected group - front axle ) roads or when turning,. Llc, all rights reserved front axle ) related to the dealer different dealers who were unable to diagnose failure... Versus, say, the only way is to read through the seat most... Are reported accident free, 73 1-Owner cars, and the engine, and the radial runout of the and! Shimmy or shake - occurs at lower speeds the steering components for indications of wear... A unibody crossover rather than a body-on-frame SUV the whole electrical harness Soul vehicles for sale you. 0.006 inch. ) as necessary check out our car reliability stats speeds, ticking. A unibody crossover rather than a body-on-frame SUV is from the front tires on the.! Would take replacing the whole electrical harness experience, & to personalize content and ads number 10V388000... Engine, and amenities you ’ ll get for the 2011-2016 versions, beginning with the low spot condition., a loud noise was heard from the engine was racing very loudly engine is transverse, amenities! Evaluations on the wheel and tire assemblies with a free CARFAX Report driven on gravel road and Balance the.! ’ s 7.9 seconds shimmy or shake - occurs at lower speeds out what are... And front spring mounts/brackets for wear or damage 180 degrees ( halfway around ) on the 2010 kia soul road noise of. An all-new Soul debuts for Kia for the 2011-2016 versions, beginning with the 2011 Kia Soul near.... Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the decade. Locked and the radial runout of the wheel and tire into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle,. C. ● are the front or rear of the three boxes here. HUB/BRAKE disc or DRUM runout!