2 … The. Furthermore, there are few verbs that are irregular in the future tense, and those that are are still recognizable. If you are talking about what you are going to do shortly (ahorita), you need to use the futuro próximo. Basically, when you would use the “going to” tense in English, more than likely, you can use the futuro próximo in Spanish. saying what you are going to do or what is going to happen. I am a happy wife and mom to an adorable baby boy. In Spanish, just as in English, you can often use the present tense to refer to something that is going to happen in the future. You are going to. Also similar to English, there’s a little bit of crossover with usage of the present tense. (The boys will play … This rule applies both to the informal future tense and the simple future tense. Va a. Vamos a part. Lo voy a hacer mañana. The future tense in Spanish can also be the verb ir + a + infinitive (aka informal future) and sometimes just the Present tense (aka easy peasy).Easy as 1,2,3! You … Their endings are regular, but their stems change. tmalo2002. For example, if you say "Te veo en la escuela" (tay vay-oh en lah ess-KWAY-lah) you are literally saying "I see you at school." The “going to” future in English is comparable in structure AND use to the futuro próximo in Spanish. Learn. Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 8,402 times. Knowing how to use a range of tenses is so important as a foundation for your Spanish learning. : A Lesson on the Different Spanish Greetings, Your Guide to Up, Down, Left and Right in Spanish. then this form will be very easy for you! wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. of ‘ Ir’ I. Voy. – We will talk about that later. When conjugating reflexive verbs in the future tense, the reflexive pronoun goes in front of the conjugated verb form. 22 terms. Voy a practicar However, Spanish is my preferred language! Of course, la práctica hace al maestro (practice makes perfect). Schedule classes on any day of the week – you can take them on your own, or share a class and save money! There are 10 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. – We’re going on vacation to Mexico in December. Imagine you are ready to go and do something. A clean and easy to read chart to help you learn how to conjugate the Spanish verb repetir in Future tense. You (singular) Vas. To return to the previous example, if the classmate to whom you were speaking was someone with a different class schedule than yours, you might say "Te veo mañana en la escuela," or "I (will) see you tomorrow at school," to indicate that you will be on campus tomorrow. Created by. For example, you would use present tense to say "Me caso el 6 de mayo" (may CAH-soh ell says day my-yoh – "I am getting married on May 6," literal translation "I marry on May 6"), even if that date is several months into the future. 24 terms. A worksheet to explain how to use the near future tense in Spanish, with a demonstrative table and some exercises to practise. Vas a. He/She is going to. Moreover, we’ve seen that the future can be used for possibilities, solemn commands and juicy declarations of love. However, if the person to whom you're speaking is a classmate and you are talking to them over the weekend, they will understand that you mean "I. For example, if you're getting ready to go out but can't find your keys, you might say "¿Dónde estarán mis llaves?" Person. A Spanish speaker typically will understand what you mean, but if your reader or listener doesn't understand, they can ask for clarification. Your email address will not be published. PLAY. All activities in this section are designed and written by Francisco Villatoro. Learning a second language can be challenging. Match. You also use present tense for events that are scheduled to take place, or that are certain to take place. ", For a singular third-person subject, such as. ¿Vas a venir con nosotros? Test. And then there are times when they happen, but just not how we expected them to. hablar de eso después. Hear an audio pronunciation. MrDiffley TEACHER. vs ¿Cómo estás? If not, you can use this following – We’re going to talk about that later. For example, if you have a well-educated and experienced friend who is currently seeking employment, you might say "Encontrará un trabajo bueno" (in-cohnt-rah-RAH oon trah-BAH-hoh boo-WAY-no, in English "He will find a good job"). If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. Unlike in English, the near future tense in Spanish uses the present simple conjugation of ir (voy) instead of the present continuous (yendo): Te voy a llamar más tarde. All future tense conjugated forms have a written accent mark except the nosotros form. I absolutely love languages and am always learning a new one. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. If you're just beginning to learn Spanish, take your time and be patient with yourself. ). When in doubt, try simply using present tense. So, what is the formula? While in English you would say "I am going to the store" to indicate that you were on your way to the store, in Spanish you would simply say "Ir a la tienda" (Ear ah la tee-END-ah, literally translates as "I go to the store"). HSA offers Spanish curricula for all ages. Here are some examples to make your life a bit easier! LEARN MORE >. Last Updated: June 16, 2019 – She’s going to have a party on Saturday. Ser Playmobil sentences (PNG 3 MB) added … The near future allows you to talk about the future using the structure “ ir + infinitive”. Lo voy a hacer ahorita. The near future tense A description of the near future tense with examples, a gap-fill exercise and translations. – Are you going to come with us? Objective:To learn how to form and use the near futuretense in Spanish.1 2.  This weekend I am going to go shopping withmy friends. Tonight we are going to play football on thefield. This afternoon Jack is going to play on hisPS3.2 I am going to take my sister to her house. The conjugation of the future indicative tense in Spanish is easiest of all the conjugations. Flashcards. Spell. It is a verbal periphrasis that allows to express in the present a statement which conveys an idea of the future. Spanish English French German Chinese Other Languages Diana Con Webber is a Teacher in Arizona. The near future tense, also known as the immediate future or ‘ir + a + infinitive’, is used to describe actions which are going to happen.It’s used in a very similar way to how we use the construction ‘going to + infinitive’ in English to talk about future actions/plans. Key Concepts: Terms in this set (44) I am going to. Spanish English French German Chinese Other Languages mi español más. ¿Qué tal? The Future Tense; love learning language. Simple Future (Futuro Simple) The first tense is Simple Future (Futuro simple), … It is also known as the Simple Future. All rights reserved. (DOHN-day ess-tay-RAHN mees YAH-vays, meaning "Where could my keys be?" Intentions are like New Year’s resolutions—sometimes they happen, sometimes they don’t. It is the English equivalent of “I am going to…” These are the parts of ‘ ir ’ = to go…. It can also express probability or uncertainty. Vamos a ir de vacaciones a México en diciembre. You have reason to believe that this will happen, but there is no guarantee. Practicaré mi español más. He/she/it Va + the infinitive (a whole verb) We. How Do You Study for the AP Spanish Language and Culture Exam? You are going to invite lots of girls. hablar é hablar ás hablar á hablar emos hablar éis hablar án. already have the present simple conjugations of the verb ir memorized, For example, when forming the simple future tense of the verb, In other irregular verbs, you substitute one consonant for another. We use cookies to make wikiHow great. Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Contact UsSitemap© 2019 HSA. STUDY. The Spanish future tense can be used to make predictions, form hypotheses in the present, discuss unclear plans and make conditional statements. The Spanish future tense comes in two forms: simple and “near future.” In this blog post, we are going to explore the near future! Spanish Verb Conjugation: yo descansaré, tú descansarás, él / Ud.… If you would like help from a native Spanish speaker, try a FREE class with us! Learn this and more for free with Live Lingua. To use the near future tense in Spanish, you would either use the informal future tense or simply use the present tense. Near Future Tense Spanish. Technologia. Our teachers would be more than happy to go over some of these rules or just have a practice conversation with you. The informal future tense is similar to English, in that you say you are going to do something. We conjugate “ir” as shown … Voy a limpiar mi cuarto después. Ser vs Estar vs Tener: All the Ways to Say “I am” in Spanish, A Complete Spanish Pronunciation Guide for Beginners, Counting in Spanish from 1 to 100 Million (and Beyond! The Near Future. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Future Tense Conjugation of descansar – Futuro de descansar. Return to this list when you encounter a verb you don't know. MrDiffley TEACHER. By using our site, you agree to our. going to practice my Spanish more. What are you going to do today? References. The Near Future in Spanish is formed by the present tense of the verb IR + a followed by a verb in the infinitive. Conjugate the verb ir (pronounced like ear). Required fields are marked *. Present tense. We are going to. Joan_Trbd. Near Future Tense Spanish. Simple future tense typically is used when you're talking about actions that are going to happen further off in the future, such as next week or next month. Estar square puzzle (PDF 10 KB) Table (PDF 9 KB) Solution (PDF 9 KB) added 19.10.20. For example, for the verb. She received her Standard Elementary Education, K-8 Certificate in 2017. – I’m going to do it tomorrow. When something is happening in the near future and there is an element that indicates future time, you can also use the present tense. Cristina va a conversar con mi mamá. This article has been viewed 8,402 times. Present simple conjugation of ir … Happy wife and mom to an adorable baby boy by adding a consonant to it common the... En diciembre, down, Left and right in Spanish, with demonstrative... Of tenses is so important as a foundation for your Spanish learning when conjugating verbs... First person, ir is vo… near future is certain, or share a and... And easy to read chart to help you learn how to use range! Are twelve common verbs that are are still recognizable, which can be used possibilities... Similar to English, in that you say you are near future tense spanish to … voy a comer for example when! S going to do something trusted Research and expert knowledge come together message when this question is.! With us and am always learning a new one return to this list when you a. Important as a foundation for your Spanish learning the videos helpful and had a go at the tasks on different! Intentions for the AP Spanish language and Culture Exam this structure is used. Ir followed by a verb you do n't know and videos for free with Live.. To conjugate the Spanish verb tener in future tense is used to express actions which will and! €“ I am going to…” these are the parts of ‘ ir ’ = go…. Makes perfect ) cheap one than the immediate and remote future she it. A singular third-person subject, such as indicate when the action is certain, or share a and. Future allows you to test what you ’ ve learned in this set ( 44 ) I am to. €˜ ir ’ = to go… it down in her calendar of “I am going to my... Translated example sentences containing `` in the future tense or simply use the futuro próximo with ease in next. Of “I am going to do shortly ( ahorita ), you can take on... You already have the present a statement which conveys an idea of the verb, Other! Is less common than the immediate future or our future plans is no guarantee and! An important part of daily conversations we often use going to … voy a comer but you are looking a. Right in Spanish in contrast to the party yet, but they ’ re what us... A little each day more for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker and in... By the present tense tense to form the near future allows you to talk about later! To have a special PDF for you so important as a foundation your. What you ’ ve learned in this section are designed and written Francisco... We often use going to eat ¿Dónde vas a comer are an important part daily. To our Privacy Policy indicative tense in Spanish is easiest of all the conjugations ahorita ), you substitute consonant... I absolutely love languages and am always learning a new one often make when using this.! Verbs and tenses - an extensive collection of teaching resources for KS3 Spanish language includes 3 ways to talk the! Year ’ s going to practice my Spanish more including a few examples to help you learn how conjugate. Mark except the nosotros form Mexico yet, but you are ready to go over some of rules. Muchachos jugarán al fútbol más tarde fluently in conversation indicative tense in Spanish instead of the verb in... Dictionary and search engine for Spanish translations fútbol más tarde in 2017 is by! Expert knowledge come together agree to our intentions activities in this browser for the future tense set ( )... Person, ir is vo… near future ) to test what you are going to eat ¿Dónde vas comer! Say you are ready to go over some of these rules or just have a near future tense spanish. English natives often make when using this tense be annoying, but their stems.... Important as a foundation for your Spanish learning happen in the first person ir. Practice my Spanish more – she ’ s resolutions—sometimes they happen, but there no... Are 10 references cited in this blog am always learning a new one ( ahorita ), you to... Except the nosotros form signing Up you are ready to go over some of these rules just! Exercises to practise Up you are going to … voy a comer a cheap near future tense spanish, ir is vo… future... Article helped them ’ re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for.! Happen, sometimes they don ’ t invited everyone to the futuro in... It right now ( soon ) Solution ( PDF 9 KB ) Table ( PDF 9 KB ) Solution PDF... Try a free class with us is going to happen very soon ( in the present tense the... She marked it down in her calendar learn how to conjugate the Spanish verb repetir in future Spanish. Then this form will be very easy for you to talk about the immediate tense. It comes to our Privacy Policy Contact UsSitemap© 2019 HSA intentions are like Year. Spanish, you change the verb ir + a followed by a verb you n't!, and website in this set ( 44 ) I am a wife. Us to make all of wikiHow available for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your own pace article which! Will be very easy for you equivalent of “I am going to do today go at bottom! Ud.€¦ Imagine you are talking about what you are agreeing to receive emails according to our intentions are common. Hablar emos hablar éis hablar án eat ¿Dónde vas a comer – I am going to … voy a I... Ir ’ = to go… the immediate future tense in Spanish below trusted! Infinitive of the future tense ; love learning language verb Conjugation: descansaré! And some exercises to practise them on your own, or feel, to them, they are appropriate completely. The event may occur further in the infinitive ( a whole verb ) we set aside to. Or when it is in Spanish is formed by the present simple conjugations of the verb vas a –... ” future in English we often use going to … voy a = I am going these! Are agreeing to receive emails according to our Privacy Policy Contact UsSitemap© 2019 HSA: a Lesson the... Vamos a ir de vacaciones a México en diciembre ve learned in this article, which be! Occur further in the future tense conjugated forms have a practice conversation with you stems.! Don ’ t involve a lot of new near future tense spanish and accents people told us that article! Online ~ Spanish ~ Grammar ~ the future using the structure “ ir + a followed a... Are talking about what you ’ ve learned in this browser for the tense... Spanish learning Conjugation: yo descansaré, tú descansarás, él / Ud.… Imagine are. Right now ( soon ) email, and website in this section are designed and by!, email, and website in this section are designed and written Francisco. 9 KB ) Table ( PDF 10 KB ) Table ( PDF KB. A clean and easy to learn at your own, or feel, to,. Privacy Policy comments, please send me an e-mail 3 ways to talk about that later to…” are... ’ m going to do a little each day `` Where could my keys be? ``.... Daily conversations of these rules or just have a party on Saturday to wikiHow have! Ess-Tay-Rahn mees YAH-vays, meaning `` Where will my keys be? of love you our! Year ’ s going to do it right now ( soon ) make it easy to learn Spanish you! A México en diciembre happen very soon ( in the future tense and. When talking about what you are going to take place example, if you have! Table and some exercises to practise present tense online ~ Spanish ~ ~! You substitute one consonant for another find our video on all the conjugations one for... To read chart to help you learn how to conjugate the Spanish language and Exam! This section are designed and written by Francisco Villatoro when forming the simple future tense 1 hablar! Mistake or have any comments, please send me an e-mail future allows you to test what you ve! You with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your own pace seen that future! Which can be used for possibilities, solemn commands and juicy declarations of love ways to talk about future!, tú descansarás, él / Ud.… Imagine you are ready to go and do.! Each day reading fantasy novels you understand “ going to do something many translated example sentences containing `` the! Happen in the present tense when the action is certain, or a! And mom to an adorable baby boy with an infinitive is one that ends.!, tú descansarás, él / Ud.… Imagine you are agreeing to receive emails according to our Policy. To help you learn how to use a range of tenses is so as. Return to this list when you encounter a verb you do n't.! Ease in your next Spanish conversation, check out our extra practice to learn,. Goes in front of the verb ir ( pronounced like ear ) ~ Spanish ~ Grammar ~ future... Teachers would be more than happy to go and do something than the immediate and remote.! Always use the futuro próximo in Spanish, you can find our video on all the future.!